Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 3 Discussion [Spoilers]

Risha
's going "back into sequester" so no war room feed for us, boo.. "huge challenge" later for revival comp of the first 5 evicted

tweet from Hamsterwatch

I really hope she is the one to come back. Would have been nice to see what she brought to the table

I'm glad she went - obviously we're not seeing much but the edit on the show last night implied she spent most the week hiding around moaning about being nominated and her having much more game than Pilar while Pilar was mixing in and forming the essential early bonds without having to play the game. Her only tactic was to get her tits out in the spa.

With 16 HGs and 10 weeks I don't really see the need to have one of the first 5 evictees return - it's a twist for the sake of a twist. This one hasn't got a chance in hell of winning any comp to return I'd have thought.

P.S. Loved the balloon task - a simple idea but something which is actually quite difficult, and like some of the classic BB (international) tasks gets the HGs talking early on.

I really hope she is the one to come back. Would have been nice to see what she brought to the table
I thought we pretty much saw exactly what she brought to the table - she made NOOOOO attempt to hide them ;)

does anyone know if the HG's that are sequestered are given access to the live feeds?
or do they go back in blind again?

Johnny already mentioned on feeds yesterday that maybe the twist could be the first 4 or 5 evictees going to a vote for one to come back into the house

From memory Willow, Zack, Kevin, Jordan ... maybe Bobby were at the table with him at the time

I like that idea - its as hard for them to come back and mingle in though as it is for an intruder ... probably harder in fact because at least the intruders have a honeymoon period when everyone is soooo eager to get to know the newbie in the house and win them over ...

the sequestered HG will get "oh ... you're back ... how soon til we can get rid of you again ... we've kind of got rid of the most annoying ones already and are settling in now and comfortable ... you're an easy OUT with no new blood on our hands" ...

what is with HOH's saying they 'don't want to get blood on their hands' ... this early in the game you're spilling blood no matter who you put out ... is someone's blood a different colour than someone else's at this stage? This seems to be Bobby's catch phrase though and to me its annoying!

started out on feeds today with Bobby leaning towards putting 1st 2 who fell in HOH up and then who ever wins POV putting Godfrey up and out he goes

then there was talk of putting Godfrey + Pawn up ... then maybe swapping after POV and putting Johnny up and getting rid of him
(they are concerned and wanting to break Johnny and Kevin apart - there was also talk of a Zankie situation with Johnny & Kevin ... (Zach and Frankie Grande from BBUS16 = Zankie) and they want that split apart

then talk of Sindy being a threat in competitions so she would be going (also wondered if this might because Bobby doesn't like the talk of Kevin and Sindy being a possible showmance (this girl sure gets through the HG's - she was cuddling and flirting with Bobby on feeds yesterday! today she and Kevin are cuddling apparently)

then Zach, Bruno & Graig (B & G in a tight 2 alliance apparently) talked about getting Bobby (who it seems listens to Zach too much! he's the HOH - grow some balls man!!) to put the 1st two HG's who fell in the HOH comp (Kevin and Brittnee) (can't parents spell in Canada??!!!) and then if Kevin wins the POV replacing him with Johnny

So if noms stay the same Kevin would be the one to go in that scenario.

What a difference even 12 hours can make with all the strategising that goes on ...

seems like both Kevin and Sindy might be desparately trying to find a cuddlemance/showmance to leech on to in order to find a place in the house and that being so desperate about it might be their undoing ...

Willow is into Zach ... I don't think he's too keen at this point to make any commitments ... but they seem to get on pretty well and there has been some game talk ... I thought it looked like Kevin might be keen on Willow but now think maybe he's seen Sindy is a strong competitor in the comps so far and she'd be his best bet going forward ...

I have not been able to watch any of the feeds yet, hopefully tonight I can watch the HGs waking up and watch them for a bit before the feeds cut off for the noms ceremony...

OK so I saw this hopefully it helps anyone who needs it. Bit of a break down of how the house is aligned atm.

CBDCSCyUUAEVZWR.png

Bit of a break down of how the house is aligned atm.

do you realise you can rewind the feeds? use the slider at bottom of screen to take it back to zero

last night the feeds reset (to zero - with no rewind available) at 11.45 ...

:)

Oh yeah I know you can rewind, but I can't be bothered. I already watched all the vids on onlineBigBrother and read over Survivor Sucks... I'm ready for the new day to start!

So Jordan just got up and went to the bathroom to grab like 4 towels and take them back with him to the have not room... Speaking of the have not room... looks like not much thought went in to it this year... or is it meant to represent the first few days in the house with the no furniture?

maybe they have to win privileges in there? I'm not sure ... I wonder what that secret thing is in the HaveNot room ... maybe a secret power of veto will be available ... like the one Alison won last year ...

Here's my initial feedback... I'm really finding it hard to get excited about this season... As I've said before the lead in to the series SUCKED... That and they seemed to be milking every last drop out of what little info they put out... It was all extremely generic and nothing really seemed to pop out at me like in previous series...

The cast seems pretty generic... Part of the reason I enjoyed BB Canada initially was the fact that the show had a cast that you wouldn't typically see on BBUS... If I wasn't aware of the fact that BB Canada and BBUS used the same casting director I am now... Even someone like Sarah (who the producers were clearly hoping would stand out) seems to fit in to the typical Robyn Kass mold...

The house for me is lackluster... Good on them for upping the design aspect and while I've enjoyed previous houses they really have lagged behind until now... That said structurally the house is exactly the same as it was last series with new furniture in exactly the same placement of old... Even with the shiny new design the house looks just as it did previously...

@Brekkie has talked a bit about simplicity and let's be honest here some simple changes to the overall layout of this house could have made a huge impact... I mean the house used for the last two civilian series of BBUK used the same layout but I never got the impression they were the same house... And anyone who has been a long time follower of BBUK can tell you that some of the best houses have come out of the celebrity series... Simple changes either structurally or in the design can ultimately change the look and feel a house...

I can forgive the BBCAN producers for not necessarily wanting a dramatic remodel for the sake of change but rehashing the same house year with new furniture and wall paper on year just won't do... One of the biggest downfalls in recent years of BBUS is the fact that the house has remained virtually unchanged since BB5 and even then the current house isn't really a dramatic departure from the layout that was used since inception... Once again part of what made BB Canada special was the fact that it was familiar but wasn't a carbon copy of BBUS... This could have been an opportunity for BBCAN to do something special... Something that no other BB internationally has done... Rather than dramatically remodel the house year over year the layout could evolve somewhat out of the previous design... Keep things that seem to be working and change those that are either outdated or that need improvement... I don't want to rant on more than I already have but I will say this... The only room that has actually improved and given me a completely different vibe has been the main bedroom...

The twists this series are about the only things that haven't really been generic... That said in true BB Canada fashion they've fallen apart in execution... I still can't see why they keep insisting on cramming a weeks worth of the format in to such a short time-frame... If 70 days isn't long enough to let the "game" play out properly why the hell do they insist on a bloated cast of 16 people??? I mean it's not as if double evictions EVER as dramatic or "game changing" as they are made out to be... 99% of the time it is the most expected person who gains power and the most predictable person leaves... The same goes for the "instant eviction" only in this case someone is unfairly evicted without a chance to earn safety like every other evicted HG that has come before or will come after...

I didn't mind the way nominations worked in the premier... However the entire concept seemed rushed and was poorly executed... If the timeline for the first "week" must be followed the least the producers could have done was opened up the live feed immediately following the premier... I also wasn't a fan of keeping the public vote a secret either... This would have been a great opportunity to have the entire house to campaign for the public's vote just as the war room HG's did in the previous series... From what I saw there really wasn't a whole lot of strategy involved and the result was rather predicable...

In theory the second part of the twist was also interesting but once again seemed rushed and really didn't provide anything interesting to the story... The balloon task was great... As @Brekkie said it was a simple idea that worked very with the overall twist... That said the entire twist seemed almost too easy considering what was at steak... This could have easily played out much longer than it actually did... For instance it could have involved several tasks needed to get the complete code or for each balloon that popped or touched the ground another number could be added to numbers that needed to be deciphered to crack the code... It would have also been interesting to see something that for each sequence of incorrect guesses they would impose a time limit until the next guess could be attempted... The twist also have included HG's "unlocking" things room by room... At the end of the day the way things played out seemed like a wasted opportunity just as the rest of the series leading to this point...

I really wasn't impressed with Kevin's task at all... It was obvious that he was hand picked to be the saboteur and essentially handed an opportunity to put money in his pocket... For a show that seems to pride itself on viewer participation a much better way to handle this would have been to have Canada chose someone to participate in the task... In fact I think almost every secret task should be decided this way if it can't happen at random... It may have been too much to have two public votes play out side by side but if the twist had actually played out in to the second "week" this mission could have easily waited until then and encompassed other elements of the overall twist...

I think you're a bit harsh on the house - yes it's the same layout but I think at least it is a more radical revamp than we've ever seen on BBUSA from season to season - it may just be a redecoration job but it's a pretty damn good one. I think this house feels more different to last seasons than season 2s did to season 1, and that did have some fairly major layout changes.

Agree 16 HGs in 70 days (17 counting the one going back) is too much and they'll over rely on double evictions. I've no issue with the one-off Instant Eviction with no Veto as I think it keeps them on their toes - the US version is so much about the Veto now it's great to always have the threat they'll be no Veto. Indeed I'm hoping in one of their 73 double eviction episodes this year they'll play the Instant Eviction out live, rather than the ridiculous idea of recording it after the live episode and blocking the feeds for days they've done in previous years.

I do agree the premiere felt rushed - never liked how they always do an eviction in episode 2 and completely disagree with the live feed blackout this time. At worse we'd have seen the HGs had furniture - would that had stopped anyone watching the Global episode on Wednesday night?

The balloon task obviously ended up being edited to look easier than it was - they were quite lengthy on the first and second then suddenly counting down to finish the 5th. Consequences for popping the balloon would have been good, while the saboteur thing should have been "Can one HG come to the diary room", not a chosen individual. Was surprised $1000 was enough to tempt him too - wouldn't have been worth the risk I'd have thought, and if he's genuinely a professional poker player wouldn't have thought that was much incentive.

HoH:
Bobby - no surprise the rock climber won the task where you have to cling to a wall!

Have Nots:
Jordan , Brittnee, Naeha, Godfrey. Apparently they're all housemates, but none of them are "with an S"

Nominees:
Kevin and Brittnee - using the excuse they both fell first in the HoH comp. Not sure if they're smart enough to make Kevin the target

HoH:
Bobby - no surprise the rock climber won the task where you have to cling to a wall!

Have Nots:
Jordan , Brittnee, Naeha, Godfrey. Apparently they're all housemates, but none of them are "with an S"

Nominees:
Kevin and Brittnee - using the excuse they both fell first in the HoH comp. Not sure if they're smart enough to make Kevin the target
YES! My predictions for the noms were correct.... That's 250 or is it 150 points per nom.... Either way I was right!

And the Veto outcome:
Kevin won the PoV
and the probable replacement:
with an R is Sindy with an S who is campaigning so hard before even being nominated with an N it's almost certain with a C she'll be evicted with an E come Wednesday.

For newbies the conclusion of HoH, Have Not comp and nominations will be on Sundays show while the PoV competition and ceremony should be in Mondays episodes, though one of the few flaws with BB Canada is they do occassionally needlessly hold over a cliffhanger, so I think occassionally hold the broadcast of the Veto ceremony until the eviction episode - though usually end up spoilering themselves by showing live footage of the final nominees sat on the block before they broadcast it.

Last edited:
I've never seen BB Canada. Is it worth it? I didn't like BBUSA at all.

Does it have any funny characters in it at all?

I've never seen BB Canada. Is it worth it? I didn't like BBUSA at all.

Does it have any funny characters in it at all?
I also HATE BBUSA! Canada has pretty much has the same formula as the U.S, but in my opinion do it a lot better. It's kind of like if BBAU met BBUSA in my opinion. While it's serous gameplay, it's also fun. :)

Plus they have LIVE FEEDS, like real LIVE FEEDS. :nailbiting:

And free too. It's definately pitched somewhere between the USA and international feel. I think to you learn to appreciate the format - many seem to find the no public vote and competition element a barrier at first but you really do come to appreciate it eventually and watch the show quite differently.

Plus they've got a friggin nominations machine! That's worth the admission alone!

Back