Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 3 Discussion [Spoilers]

Rison

The Nomination Pillow has spoken!
I like how they made out that the public voting to evict, which outside of Canada and the USA is a staple of series, is a big shocking twist. But I guess that's just years of BBAU/UK that has made it seem lame to me.

I'd imagine people across Canada were going OMGWTFBBQ?

I think the whole nominating someone within the first hour then having us vote someone out after one 40 min episode is pretty tough. Neither person would have been my pick to win ... or even like that much ... so I don't think I'll miss either one BUT we aren't even getting a real idea of them at all ...

feeds don't come up until after Wednesday's show - so we don't even get the chance to watch feeds to influence our voting ...

I'm not keen on Cindy with an S (just the whole "I'm with an S, I'm beautiful, I'm all that" really grates on my last nerve) but she did great so who knows - she might surprise me ... if she could just tone down the self-adoration a whole lot please?! Did anyone think she got a bit of a boo when she walked onto the stage?

Not going to be having Naeha on team crimmy either - she looked like she sulked for the whole 2nd half of the show - anytime they showed her she had a real sullen look on her face - it wasn't just resting bitch face either ... it was a major "I didn't sign up for THIS!" sulk going on ...

I wonder how long they'll have them suffering without food/furniture/their stuff ... if it was BBAU this "twist" would last all of 20 minutes ... well ok ... half a day?

I find the house overpowering - I wonder what it will do to people living in such a chaotic themed house ... there's no real restful corner ...

Team crimmy after ep 1: hmmmm Kevin (how nice was it when he stopped to encourage Risha!), Willow, Jordan (think his Diary Room chats will be entertaining) ... but I'm not committing yet ... :)

How hilarious was Johnny's reaction to those boobs?

Finally got around to watching the premier.

So we have a few twists this season. There is the vault (not sure how that will work), the first vote being a public vote (SAVE RISHA!!! or Vote to evict the other chick LOL. ), a hidden super power in the floor of the have not room and a house that has no furniture and the HGs don't have any of their belongings.

What does everyone think? Too many twists? Will they work well in the format?

I like how they made out that the public voting to evict, which outside of Canada and the USA is a staple of series, is a big shocking twist. But I guess that's just years of BBAU/UK that has made it seem lame to me.

I'd imagine people across Canada were going OMGWTFBBQ?
Perhaps those who have never seen International Big Brother franchises, but its nice to see they are borrowing some ideas from these versions to improve the game..because for NA versions it is a serious and welcome change.
Before all the public seemed to be able to do if they wanted to participate was basically choose the foods the havenots got to eat and thats still about the extent of it in BBUS.

The only concern is that now everyone will start playing to the cameras out fear of negative audience reaction keeping their backstabbing knives in the drawer and playing niceynice turning it into a snoozefest. These shows need their quota of hateable villains.

Really nicely set up premiere - the Vault thing sounds interesting and like something out of Secret Story, so interested to see how that plays out.

Love the irony of the twist basically being the undoing of all twists and going back to the original format, but it works. Don't understand though why they've blocked out the feeds for the first 48 hours - this twist needs them so we have more than a few soundbites to base a vote to evict on, though didn't that one girl have that really annoying laugh. That's enough for me!

Also as this twist is about the viewers rather than the housemates and the week has basically played out in the premiere I can't see what spoilers they're desperate to hide from us - obviously something will happen so hoping come Wednesday it justifies the blackout. To me though this launch twist is the sort of thing which would have driven people to the live feeds who might not usually bother.

Can't really judge individuals at the moment and with Big Brother first impressions can be so wrong but I think it's already clear from the nominations that the girls won't be aligning themselves with each other and the obvious physical threats probably won't be targetted early on. Seems a good fun cast though - a few annoying but no one coming across as absolute evil - yet!

the thing with Pilar's laugh though was we only really saw it in the introduction video and it was heavily editted ... yes she's got an annoying laugh - BUT it may be a small part of the total package

they definitely got their clothes back because both SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSindy and Jordan with a J were in Diary Room clips with different clothes
- and Jordan didn't take part in the POV so it wasn't just that they allowed those people something else to change into after the competition

Maybe by not putting up the feeds it gives BB a few days to sort out which HG's are going to deliver and which aren't and then they can edit their show to get Team Canada thinking BB's way?

however - after this initial vote I wonder if Team Canada will get another chance to vote ... last year it flipped the house so it was HUGE.

in case anyone is interested in seeing a list of who everyone voted for:

SindywithanS - Risha, Pilar
Willow - Sarah, SindywithanS
Zach - Godfrey, SindywithanS
Naeha - SindywithanS, Godfrey
Pilar - Zach, Bruno
Risha - Ashleigh, SindywithanS
Sarah - Kevin, Zach
Graig - SindywithanS, Pilar
Johnny - Naeha, SindywithanS
Jordan - SindywithanS, Risha
Kevin - SindywithanS Risha
Ashleigh - Risha, Bruno
Bobby - Bruno, Sarah
Brittnee - Risha, SindywithanS
Bruno - Bobby, Pilar
Godfrey - Bobby, Pilar

notably only Pilar and Sarah amongst the girls really targetted males which would have been the better way to be voting for an quick exit of the more physical threats ...

Ssssssssindy was by far the most voted for - so either she's going to have to be competitive in the first few weeks and win the POV's AND lay off the "with an S" "I'm so beautiful" crapola and try to fade into the background a bit & hope someone else becomes most annoying person to live with or she'll be outta there

safe_image.png

Didn't think it would be long before this happened lol!
It's way too early to decide who goes and who stays, but I voted anyway. I'm just terrified there'll be a wardrobe malfunction, so she's gotta go before I'm traumatized!

another view of Cindy with a S (warning - you'll probably need a bucket beside you whilst you watch - but the very considered and controlled delivery and hand actions are worth it)

I wish I could change my vote now. I vote to evict Pilar, I guess I did not notice that she had voted for 2 of the boys. I hope she stays now.... The older boob lady I think just does not have the right stuff going off the very limited amount of footage we've seen of her.

Oh and nice to see you here @Bratty !

Oh and everyone don't forget to make an account on global. Looks like my account from last year still worked, lucky I rembered my password.

yes once I thought about it the fact that she seemed smarter with her thinking for voting AND then that she didn't get a chance to fight in a POV at least ... I decided Risha ... she said she felt like a baby giraffe on that netting but I think she looked like a praying mantis to be honest and don't really think she has what it takes to compete in too many competitions and win ... so ultimately unless she could get her social game up and running real quick she was always going to leave fairly quickly given the age difference. Noone WANTS to go into the Big Brother house with their 'big sister' or their 'mother' and thats the role she thought she'd take on. Was never going to work.

Oh well the voting is closed so I guess we have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to find out who was evicted. Roll on the live feeds and endless speculation ;)

Watched the premiere. Enjoyed it, i liked how quickly it went from introduction to gameplay. Some interesting twists such as there being no furniture.

Too early to say who i like or dislike, but going on gut instinct i would have to say i dislike kevin because of his arrogance, and i like sarah the most because there is something quirky about her, she seems very complex.

Just for some background: Jordan is a kind of super fan. If you are interested Rob has a podcast is covering this season. They are even looking for live feed reporters, of anyone wants to submit a video. Maybe the time difference in Australia would help, if you can get the live feeds there.

http://robhasawebsite.com/big-brother-canada-3-premiere-recap-2015-global/

I am a person who doesn't enjoy the first day twists that change everything. I think they over did it. It reminds me of the first days of big brother australia last year where they dismantled the entire show from the successful format of the years before.

The only way this is better is that the public is choosing the vote instead of the housemates lining up behind a person. That was such a terrible idea. Yes, I'm still bitter. The season of big brother Australia that Tim won is my favorite reality show ever.

Nowadays though the show has to start with something significant - even the purest of BB fan will go "is that it?" if nothing unexpected happens in show one. BB Canada is in the strange position of being in it's infancy but having viewers with 15 years experience of the show. Luckily for them though that show is BBUSA which although it evolved nicely over the first few years and has had a few casting twists, the big format twists have been few and far between - and even the simpler international twists (such as Intruders) haven't happened in BBUSA. Canada is quite rightly looking at them and building their series largely on these actually fairly simple twists - and I'm sure most long term viewers will agree the simpler twists are the better ones.

In addition they've also got tricks of their own - I've genuinely got little idea about how the Vault element will play out. Obviously I'm prepared to be underwhelmed but at the moment that has got my interest and is rather intriguing - and I've always said that twists should just be for the premiere but set up the season too, so hopefully that will play a major part throughout the season rather than be forgotten about after a week.

Hey Y'all, how has everyone been? As a Canadian I am frustrated with how quickly we had to vote and with such limited info. I'm not sure I like the format of no furniture or clothes at the beginning. Normally loss of clothes is a sort of a punishment. We'll see how the season plays out. After watching the extended bio on the big brother canada global TV site I find myself liking Risha more than Pilar. Cougar's unite lol

Back