Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

I was so behind the "the freakshow " even when Tim was begging bb to rigged the veto so it would be a movie trivia so Joel can win... What happens they get a movie trivia veto an Joel f&$ks it up! I don't get why he thought he had a chance with Kelsey and the idiot brothers when Tim told Joel he was happy to leave and have cass and Joel final two... I hope and pray Tim wins & hope the bb productions plan all along was for Tim to win bbcan so bbcan can be the first to say we got an international play and win twice!

Also feeds this arvo were so funny cass getting annoyed with Tim he didn't use it on her and Tim giving her shit about it! Cass is soooo annoying I want to win I want final 4 for the red carpet video montage! Ugh!

Those brothers are idiots.....when they don't get their own way they start insulting people.They are the snakes and manipulators
Seems to be the case with a few people this year. The funny thing is they just all start lying to try and further their game when actually most the time if they actually just told the truth that would be their best chance of staying.

Kelsey wants to send Joel home.
Kelsey's smart. Of the finalists Cass is probably the only one she'd have a real chance of beating in the final 2. Everybody likes Joel, Tim and somehow the Brothers, whilst Cass doesn't seem all too popular. Indeed if either of them have any sense they'd be using this week to firm up a final 2 deal - Cass should be smart enough to work out she's not beating Tim or Joel.

If the Brothers make the final 3 it'll be interesting to see if the three part HoH is split between them. It would be Phil's week to compete, though I would think considering it's the final it would be fairest if Phil competed in Round 1 and Nick in Round 2 (or R3 if Phil wins R1).

Tim talking about how Ben from BB 2012 really hated him. Also spoke about how he is very close with Estelle and how Alex M initially wanted to cast him in her season as he thought they'd become love interests but went with Ryan instead (LOL)

Tim said he and Ben vowed to not speak about eachother again publically since they really dislike eachother.

Tim also believes Ben won because they showed voting figure graphs for finale week and he said it was dumb of production to do that, he believed Estelle was really ahead the day before finale and he admitted to voting for her.

Tim said Ben came up to him in a club saying we need to talk quite rudely. Tim said "I didn't play Big Brother against you, there's no competition between the winners"
Tim also said they tried pitting Ryan, winner of 2014, against him because of their similarities e.g. where they came from etc.

Tim talking about how Ben from BB 2012 really hated him. Also spoke about how he is very close with Estelle and how Alex M initially wanted to cast him in her season as he thought they'd become love interests but went with Ryan instead (LOL)

Tim said he and Ben vowed to not speak about eachother again publically since they really dislike eachother.

Tim also believes Ben won because they showed voting figure graphs for finale week and he said it was dumb of production to do that, he believed Estelle was really ahead the day before finale and he admitted to voting for her.

Was just about to post about it.

He said Ben was jealous of Tim being popular & he wasn't.

I'm catching up on this thread having caught up with this show last week. Though last week after having just seen the previous episode I was already spoiled on the latest HoH here, spoiler tags are there to be used. HoH competitions have looked a bit cheap, a bit like happened in the US version not long back when they overdid the quizes and did some cheapo sets. I hate HoHs decided on chance as well.

Overall it's been an ok 4th run of this. It's been made more palatable by slimy Mitch, shouter Dallas and tedious alpha male Jared and the gay guy who's supposed to be oh so funny Raul all being evicted. Jared was painful reading his scripts in the DR. Would have preferred Loveita going back in, Kelsey was mainly put in for a showmance. Can't stand the brothers. Nikki her usual self, never got the appeal. Joel is the usual geek role, he's had his date now we just await his makeover task.

Although of course this style BB is about gameplay you find on this (maybe even more than the US version) that most people are crap at it or just there for the experience, leaving it to just a few to decide what happens. That can make things boring and predictable, but I'm happy Mitch went because of the twist. The arrogant mastermind cliche is so overdone on this style BB in the US or Canadian version, you just see their DRs week after week about how they control everyone.

Tim doing the AU style nominations was great, it reminded me of when they had an audience evict on the US version I think, in that HMs not knowing what will happen at a ceremony is much more exciting. Most of the time they know how nominations will go and even evictions. Early in these shows you often get unanimous votes too. Twists are needed to shake the HMs of this format out of their complacency because you can get situations where people are in total control in the house, and you are seeing more audience participation votes these days (beyond just the old stupid votes for type of have-not food).

They do copy an awful lot of the US version, even 'hey, who wants to see my HoH room', the scripted ceremonies and so on. The fake hooting and hollering for the cameras. The competitions are largely the same things.

Having some HMs from abroad is good and I think needed, the more variety the better. They still seem confused on this program though, we hear 'the world is watching' and at other times they bleat on about 'Canada' deciding something. They need to make up their minds, the less nationalistic the better I think. The Canadian version of this and The Amazing Race tend to emphasise the nationalistic part, maybe because that is felt needed to differentiate it from the US version and pretend that it isn't largely a copy. The US version is still better at this point I think, but bringing in outside people is definitely progressive.

If we can't have Tim on the US version, then I'd like to see @Benjamin2012HM or Stacey (preferably both) there. They had some strategy and were fun to watch. Eh, Layla would be nice too. 2012 and 2013 were good seasons.

wtf, Estelle is way better than any of those turds mentioned from her season. Oh and the 'strategy' of those three you mention was pathetically bad or boring anyway.

Last edited:
Just when Ben couldn't get more unlikeable... HAHA

If Ben went on BBCAN, he would have been ripped apart by HG's & viewers. (though I doubt he was asked, even though Ben said he was)

Shame that he didn't.

If Ben went on BBCAN, he would have been ripped apart by HG's & viewers. (though I doubt he was asked, even though Ben said he was)

Shame that he didn't.
do not want to be subjected to Ben or Stacey anywhere ever again...what a unlikable pair they were.How can you hate someone because
they played better than you did.Estelle was the winner of that series..she was robbed!!

Ben would be horrible at their format. He would play a completely emotional game and would probably be too aggressive and paranoid to even have anyone want to work with him. Besides that he would probably just talk about himself the whole time too zzzz

Ben would be horrible at their format. He would play a completely emotional game and would probably be too aggressive and paranoid to even have anyone want to work with him. Besides that he would probably just talk about himself the whole time too zzzz
maybe they would like singing and hot pants...you never know haha!!

Not too bothered about them for events in the house either - we're all here because we're fans of Big Brother and all know that Big Brother isn't just a TV show, it's a 24/7 show and the live feeds are a large part of why this forum thrived in it's early days. However I think the common courtesy is to put the original post with the details in a spoiler but then be free to discuss that spoiler openly beyond that. It just avoids pages where you have to click on every post to read it.

It really isn't at all the same as how BBUK and BBAU was with live feed. There's only 3 shows a week in the US and CAN versions, which is one of the main problems, they don't care less about aligning events in the house with the episodes so there can be several days before something is shown. Not everyone wants to watch episodes knowing already who wins every competition and who gets nominated and even who is going to get evicted at times. There are two audiences, those who want suspense in the episodes and those who don't care.

The actual solution if doing spoiler tags is a chore to anyone is to have a live feed thread and an episode thread, so one doesn't have to impinge on the other. This is quite common on forums for this kind of show.

And of course when they do live feed blackouts we're all in the same boat anyway.

Agree two threads is the best solution when there is a decent amount of discussion, and it is fair to say this thread is far more popular thanks to Tim's presence. Hopefully it's got some of you hooked on Big Brother Canada for future seasons too - and maybe BBUSA too but prepared to be somewhat underwhelmed by that.

Why does Kelsey always have to be playing with someone's head? It used to be Raul when he was in there, now she's doing it to Cassandra and Phil who doesn't even have any hair to play with.

Agree two threads is the best solution when there is a decent amount of discussion, and it is fair to say this thread is far more popular thanks to Tim's presence. Hopefully it's got some of you hooked on Big Brother Canada for future seasons too - and maybe BBUSA too but prepared to be somewhat underwhelmed by that.

...I have to admit that I have only watched this series of BB Canada because of Tim but I am now going to watch the Canadian versions in the future too... I've never watched the US version either but will watch at least the next one coming along just to see if I like it... I love watching all shows of the UK versions... they are so... 'different' to say the least... but yeah!... Tim was the drawcard for me for sure... cheers.

I will admit, I watch every Big Brother I can get my hands on. Even when it's really bad I just love it. Although I will admit I hardly watched the last BBAUS... it was pitiful. A real embarrassment to the Big Brother franchise & fans everywhere.

I like the different format over in US/Canada.. I like how the housemates get to choose who gets evicted. It makes it more of a game & less of a panto like BBUK seems to have become. I do think they need to shake it up a little but all the same, I love it!

BB4LYFE!

Back