Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Media Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ava and out - Big Brother intruder sent packing
HOLLY BYRNES
October 02, 2012 10:33PM

BIG Brother fans have given intruder Ava David the big kiss off, sending the smoochy singer from Melbourne home after her three-week stint inside the house.

The 29-year-old was evicted after receiving a series-low vote to save her - attracting just 14 per cent of the vote, against Angie (48%) and Estelle (38%).

It was David's intimate connection with Adelaide surfer Josh which set many viewers - and housemates - off her, with their constant lip-locking an obvious irritant, especially to his bromance buddy Michael, who dubbed her BB's own Yoko Ono.

Even the kissy girl was embarrassed by the ample vision of their "mack" sessions, squealing as they were played back to her by host Sonia Kruger after the live eviction.

David conceded the "natural" relationship with Josh had blinded her to the 24/7 filming of their amorous antics.

"I was completely unaware the cameras were on me the entire time...I don't know if that's a good thing," the coy intruder said.

Besides the romance, her impact on the house was immediate, bonding swiftly with isolated housemate Estelle, who may have her own revenge once it's revealed she has again been gifted the super power by her eliminated friend.

Nominations will again change dynamics, with the house momentarily in gender balance and male intruder Sam allowed to vote for the first time.

BLOG with Ava from 12.30pm (eastern) on Wednesday at www.thetelegraph.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...der-sent-packing/story-e6frfmyi-1226486906223

Not sure exactly where the blog is going to be, it just links to the main page of The Telegraph.

Woah! Just like the housemate that was the slowest most pointless chat ever.

Woah! Just like the housemate that was the slowest most pointless chat ever.

Yep. A whole lot of non answers. She didn't reveal anything at all.

I actually submitted a question asking if she knew that Josh didn't like Estelle. It didn't get used, but I doubt she would have answered it truthfully anyway.

"I wasn't ignoring anyone per say"

"I went on BB to validate what I'm made of"

"you saw the real Ava, you just didn't see Ava in her entirety."

images

"Joshie" "Mikey" shudder.

Big Brother geek Bradley Darke shocked by eviction
Holly Byrnes, National TV Writer
October 07, 2012 9:52PM

LADIES of Australia, Bradley Darke aka B-Rad is a changed man and ready to bust his new moves on you.

The 19-year-old Coraki checkout geek says he's learned more in the eight weeks he spent in the Big Brother house than his entire life.

Still shocked by his elimination, Darke admitted he'd hoped beefcake intruder Sam would go the way of femme fatale Ava and he'd be saved for a fourth time by the public.

But it was not to be, with the teen pulling just 14 per cent of the votes to save, against house genius Michael (48%), Sam (21%) and Angie (19%).

Transformed by the TV experience, Darke said: "I have changed a tonne in the past two months. I think I have grown more in the house than in my entire life."

The other upside of his eviction is Darke taking on his next challenge - pulling a woman when he hits the post-BB party circuit.

"Josh gave me some advice...I have to have a drink in my hand, which was a soda water with a bit of lime, go out on the dance floor so then when a girl goes up to the bar I can follow, give her a compliment and start a conversation."

It's when you ask for his go-to pick-up line the cheeky geek gets frisky, declaring: "I can't repeat them in a PG newspaper, it will have to be saved for the moment."

Darke has clearly come a long way since the awkward country boy who entered the house, down on confidence and struggling with a speech impediment.

While his stutter returned in high stress moments like nominations (and this interview), Darke said it was the support and tolerance of the other housemates which made him feel "comfortable and accepted for being me."

"It was so positive to have the house accept me for being me. They accepted (the speech impediment) and even had fun with it."

The man child who still lives with his parents said his BB housemates had "become a second home and felt very much like the small town I come from so that was cool and a comfortable and enjoyable place to spend two months."

Celebrating his birthday with a superhero-themed party was his BB highlight, while consistently being nominated hurt more than he let on, Darke said.

"Each Monday after I'd been nominated...that's probably when I felt the most down in the house...it hit pretty hard. The first time I was able to shake it off and the second wasn't all that much different. But the third and fourth time were just a bit too much."

Discovering Stacey had nominated for him had "shocked the most because we had become fairly good friends in the house."

While he appeared cocky when talking with host Sonia Kruger about his first kiss with housemate Estelle, Darke admitted the TV smooch was more "comforting."

"It was all a bit strange to have that connection with someone in the house, but it was comforting to have her in the house. She was a very cool, good girl."

Watching footage of Estelle's BB beau Ryan as her kiss with Darke was telecast was a devilish delight, Darke said.

"Ryan's face during the kiss was just priceless, but I might just keep out of his way on the outside," he laughed.

Join our Live blog with Bradley from 12.30pm Monday

Source.

Ava David is singing her own praises after leaving the Big Brother house
by: Zoe Nauman
October 07, 2012 12:00AM

AVA David was out of the Big Brother house for less than 24 hours before she hit the studio to try and further her singing career.

The latest evictee, who has been spruiking her tunes while on the show, says she has four songs and more in the pipeline.

"Layla and Sammy loved to hear me sing. I was singing songs in the house and they always asked me. I did stuff prior to going in and it's full throttle," she says.

David says she misses her BB love, "Joshy", and reveals that he sums her up as "coconuts, rainbow, sunshine and happiness".

"To meet someone like him in the house was incredible," she says. "I wouldn't be that close to someone willy-nilly."

And in response to any jealous girls out there who might have voted her out to thwart the budding romance, she says: "You have to take it in your stride."

With only nine housemates left after tonight, BB is about to up the ante. This week one housemate walks away with a weekly challenge reward worth more than $50,000.

Source.

Bradley's liveblog tomorrow at 12:30pm AEDT (note daylight saving time):

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...cked-by-eviction/story-e6frfmyi-1226490223465

10 minutes in and he's already answered more questions and given more insight than Ava

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back