Skip to main content

BBUS 18, 2016 (non spoiler thread - only episode discussion)

I like Bridgette more than Natalie, and I liked Frank more this season than his previous one. Still don't like James, and Natalie has attached herself to someone less loyal I think.

The Care Package twist is the next thing to try and mix it up, maybe it might be more interesting. It just shows though that a public vote aspect has been getting integrated into the US version, not in a regular way at this point but having HMs control everything just isn't Big Brother.

I know when there is manipulation people think that it is there to favour someone, but I think most of the audience want to see things that even the house out rather than some just floating by.
When they had public voting in the US, it didn't work well at all. I don't see that ever coming back, but maybe it will. It couldn't be worse than this.

I think the problem with BBUS is the terrible cast. If they had better people, the show would be better.

I also think that big brother should make them clean the house, get up at certain times, etc. They get such lasy people and if they weren't lazy, they become lazy and sortof crazy.

When they had public voting in the US, it didn't work well at all. I don't see that ever coming back, but maybe it will. It couldn't be worse than this.

I think the problem with BBUS is the terrible cast. If they had better people, the show would be better.

I also think that big brother should make them clean the house, get up at certain times, etc. They get such lasy people and if they weren't lazy, they become lazy and sortof crazy.

I agree casting is a huge thing, and I've that myself sometimes but forgot about it there. How many people do they cast on this just because they are there for the experience (airtime, showmances and whatever) rather than to actually play the game, too many. Bad gameplayers can even be entertaining, at least they are trying.

Gameplay is quite a difficult thing to cast for though - people may talk the talk but no guarantee they'll walk the walk. I suspect it's the reason both Survivor and Big Brother bring back contestants so often - they're a known quantity.

It's still annoying, Paulie is so confident that he doesn't have to win HoH and can go up as a pawn. Da'Vonne is oh certain she'll get a great care package. Natalie is squealing away with her buddy James who seeks more airtime by rushing into the house with the parachute. And he does his usual bad script reading in the DR saying he doesn't want Da'Vonne out. Paul is shouting his way through the episode.

It's still annoying, Paulie is so confident that he doesn't have to win HoH and can go up as a pawn. Da'Vonne is oh certain she'll get a great care package. Natalie is squealing away with her buddy James who seeks more airtime by rushing into the house with the parachute. And he does his usual bad script reading in the DR saying he doesn't want Da'Vonne out. Paul is shouting his way through the episode.
i dont get if natalie is acting ditzy or if thats her nature, because she said she'd play it up in the house but she acts the same in her DR

Heard dat. What this show needs is a "Big Brother", a Leon Murray-esque figure to keep those HGs in line and mess with their heads. Full HG autonomy relates in too much game talk, too much sleeping, and not enough things for the viewer to see.

Heard dat. What this show needs is a "Big Brother", a Leon Murray-esque figure to keep those HGs in line and mess with their heads. Full HG autonomy relates in too much game talk, too much sleeping, and not enough things for the viewer to see.

Sure Simple Simon and while we're at it why don't we just reverse all the changes BBUS has made over the years that have made it so popular... I also think we should fire AG and bring in Alex M to produce the next series and completely revamp BBUS in to a carbon copy of BBAU...

Sure Simple Simon and while we're at it why don't we just reverse all the changes BBUS has made over the years that have made it so popular... I also think we should fire AG and bring in Alex M to produce the next series and completely revamp BBUS in to a carbon copy of BBAU...

Fire AG? That sounds good to me.

I get the impression Grodner is probably executive producer in name only nowadays - just there to veto any creative ideas.

I've never liked James, his playing up to the cameras is so annoying. Michelle is just terrible, she proclaims herself a superfan but she really can't cut it in the house.

I always like the veto finding comp so that was good to see at least.

What a load of crap. Bridgette had the second and third clocks but I assume she wasn't allowed to run back with both. Not sure what I can really enjoy about this season now.

Last edited:
And James is full of crap as always taking to 'America' about big moves. Crybaby Michelle even keeps in. Corey just bores me, Paul is an idiot etc etc.

Michelle is possibly the worst houseguest of all time. How can you call yourself a superfan and then burst out crying everytime you're nominated.

Anyhow caught up with the week and actually feel like things have changed, though we won't see the real turning points till Sunday.

I don't remember goodbye messages in the interviews either, and they could have made time for them.

I don't remember goodbye messages in the interviews either, and they could have made time for them.
They certainly never have them in the second interview in double eviction due to the nominees not being known beforehand. I think they're usually cut for time from the first too.

Michelle is possibly the worst houseguest of all time. How can you call yourself a superfan and then burst out crying everytime you're nominated.

Anyhow caught up with the week and actually feel like things have changed, though we won't see the real turning points till Sunday.
being a superfan doesnt mean you have to control your emotions its just what youre used to. i dont watch feeds so i dont know what kind of player she is but shes survived two evictions so she must be doing something right

They certainly never have them in the second interview in double eviction due to the nominees not being known beforehand. I think they're usually cut for time from the first too.

Fair enough on the first point, though I think they could have made time for the first one.

being a superfan doesnt mean you have to control your emotions its just what youre used to. i dont watch feeds so i dont know what kind of player she is but shes survived two evictions so she must be doing something right

Must be under the radar, the moment she comes under pressure she falls apart. Both Zakiyah and her seemed to ally themselves with Da'Vonne, not a good move when you see the way Da'Vonne creates havoc. There's just the usual inflexibility in either people adjusting their games or others allowing them to. Victor for now has been accepted in the 'Executive' but only after a twist let him back.

There's only been two stories this season I think:
Independent newbies v vets and newbie allies (killing off first group, apart from someone who returned in a twist)
Frank v Da'Vonne (killing off both and their allies)

Back