Skip to main content

BBUS 18, 2016 (non spoiler thread - only episode discussion)

Was surprised Paul didn't get it though maybe America is clever than we give them credit for and they didn't want Corey to have $5000k.

Nicole winning HoH kind of screwed it though - would be better if Paul could have bribed her to get James out for example.

Hmmmm. So no one seems to care about BBUS anymore?
Not that I'm surprised.
But I wanted to comment on Natalies swift turn around on James.
She's not exactly refuting the "I use men for my own advantage" argument is she?

Not that I'm surprised.
She's not exactly refuting the "I use men for my own advantage" argument is she?
Showing her true colors at last,he wasted his whole summer pandering to her and I bet she was seething inside this whole time when
he voted differently that one time

Not that I'm surprised.
it pisses me off when showmances go out saying "i wont campaign against you" and "i hope they vote me out" so good on her

It actually played out quite well and what I love about this format is in the latter days it becomes far less about who you want to evict and much more about who you want to keep (for your own advantages admittedly). I could see why both pairs thought keeping James would further their game more than keeping Natalie, but really think they've shot themselves in the foot. I think he's definately on for final 3 and assuming one from each couple goes beforehand a certainty for final 2 - and then probably the win. If they'd kept Natalie I don't think she'd beat anyone remaining in the house in the final 2.

Also two further comments about this weeks show. I wish CBS would give it up with Jeff and Jordan - nobody was interested in them back then and we're certainly not seven years later. Every year they seem to appear - it's bad enough Jeff is employed by them without forcing them into the eviction shows.

On the positive side though loved the Veto competition - it's so much better when they do something fairly original rather than just rehash the same competitions used every year.

CBS always uses one of their Veto comps to promote an upcoming show on their lineup. The HOH comp is the same one we've seen before, the smaller container is worth something different.

Prediction time: I think Nicole might have this. Corey just rode her coat-tails all season. If he wins HoH after his great start then I guess the way to go is to put up Victor and Paul, saying we want to backdoor James, and then everyone needs to beat James in the veto. Cause if James wins that, then he can take down Paul or Victor and Corey has to put up Nicole. Otherwise, there's no way Corey would betray Nicole, like Neda on BBCan. I think Nicole would beat James, Paul old Victor in final two.

Quite happy with the final three line up - think it reflects the season quite nicely and I'd be happy for any of them to win, although IMO it's Nicole's to lose, whilst James hasn't got a chance.

Not been a bad season overall too, especially once the team twist was done and dusted. The twists which followed that on the whole worked - especially Battle Back, the Round Trip ticket and the Care Packages which rather than being shock moments were basically running in the show somewhat in the background for a month at a time. Certainly a far better season than the mess that was BB17 IMO, whilst the drama in the jury house this year has been some of the best BBUSA footage in years.

Nicole was my favourite last time she was on, and my wife still hasn't found out what a crush I had on her. Two year younger me will get some satisfaction if she wins.

Paul started out annoying me, but somewhere after the Messiah left, he started to grow on me. I think, win or lose, he is the AllStar from this season. I'm cool with him winning.

And James... If it'd been Natalie, maybe. But James has just doofussed his way to the end, and after the fiasco in Canada, I don't want another win like that.

I want a player to win. Paul has done well, but I don't think he knows and loves the game as much, so I hope Nicole wins. It'll make her life to win big brother, but for Paul it's just something else to brag about. He's rich, judging by his house. Let him win against Derek next time. I'm team Nicole. (But Paul'd be fine.)

Happy that Nicole won, but probably more for the Nicole of BB16 than BB18, but still a worthy winner IMO and a great final two with Paul, with both of them leaning towards taking the better player rather than the easiest opponent to the final.

The finale itself though was so flat - really was just going through the motions with no sense of occassion at all. Even the season recap that opened the show just began at the final six stage rather than recapping everything that's happened in the history of time.

Hit The Road, Road Kill, Battle Back were ok twists, after that it went downhill fast and I stopped watching eventually. Tiffany I started off interested in, then disliked, and then liked. Bridgette was ok. That stuff all got sidelined as they all went and annoying people were left. Nicole was just there but I guess that still made her more pleasant than most of what was in that house. Should have really been an all new cast. 17 was way way better, even if the winner was crap. This one wasn't much better than 16, so crap.

I preferred Nicole to Paul.

Arrogant asstwat that he is ... I'm glad I don't have to hear "your boooiiiiiiiiii" again. Ugh.

She did play so good result from the 2 we had. If James had won I would have thrown my TV out the window.

Should have really been an all new cast. 17 was way way better, even if the winner was crap. This one wasn't much better than 16, so crap.
See I absolutely hated season 17 - thought it was the worst season in years with a forgettable cast and lacklustre twists, almost all of which were recycled., poorly implemented and ultimately abandoned. BB16 on the otherhand is easily my favourite season this decade - great cast and a twist that did actually change the game somewhat.

The cast of 17 was good, didn't like much about 16. You had the twin deception, and Liz was definitely great value. Oddball funny showmance (and those are the best) with the zany Austin. Audrey and Vanessa both stirred things, but fell short nicely. Clay v Da'Vonne was much better than anything with her this season. Jeff and Jackie from TAR weren't idiots. John was a character though his DRs were bad. Even smaller characters like Shelli, Meg and Becky weren't completely unlikeable. Jace the most boring one left straight away.

That they have brought back (or are trying to) two of the worst, James and Jason, gives a false impression of the season.

16 included so many non-entities that Frankie and Zach were big highlights. The opening evictions were not good either, stronger women evicted straight away.

The cast of 17 was good, didn't like much about 16. You had the twin deception, and Liz was definitely great value. Oddball funny showmance (and those are the best) with the zany Austin. Audrey and Vanessa both stirred things, but fell short nicely. Clay v Da'Vonne was much better than anything with her this season. Jeff and Jackie from TAR weren't idiots. John was a character though his DRs were bad. Even smaller characters like Shelli, Meg and Becky weren't completely unlikeable. Jace the most boring one left straight away.

That they have brought back (or are trying to) two of the worst, James and Jason, gives a false impression of the season.

16 included so many non-entities that Frankie and Zach were big highlights. The opening evictions were not good either, stronger women evicted straight away.
16 suffered from the Sam problem as Redemption Island and One World - the winner was such a good player, so in control, that there was no competition and it got boring.

Nicole and Hayden mounted a small rebellion, and for THAT Nicole, I am happy about the results this season. Frankie was intolerable that year. But, I enjoyed it more than 17, and 15 was quite nasty.

I find with BBUS the beginning is fun, but that I lose interest. BBCan is better.

People actually like BB16? Yikes...

BB17 was easily the best season since 11, the female cast in particular was star-studded. BB18 was shit btw, glad the season's behind us.

I think BB17 is a bit like BB6 - people either loved it or hated it. For me it was the worst season in years, whilst BB16 was fantastic.

Back