Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2023 - Episode 2 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I was wondering why the hell the site wasn't up being in NZ for a while lol, then checked the news....oh.

The only thing I have to say about the season so far is of course they voted off the Asian woman first over the guy who hadn't talked to half the house...

IMG_6269.jpeg evenin’ all… I’m going to put up an image of a Big Brother type eye crying every night to reflect how I feel about what they’ve done to this once great show… it really saddens me that this show is so shit now… cheers.

…Jake… the most dopey flakey arsed git in the house has 3 girls in his sights… talk about batting well above his weight or what!… cheers.

First evicted:

Ten
S1 Andy (Brazilian)

S2 Damian (Asian)
S3 Irena (Eastern European heritage?)
S4 Aphrodite (Greek)
S5 Angela
S6 Tilli
S7 Kate
S8 Saxon

Nine
S9 Charne
S10 Sharon
S11 Gemma

Seven
S12 Laura (Fijian-Australian)
S13 Max
VIP Omarosa (African American)
S14 Josh

S15 Quan (Vietnamese?)

Obviously the Ten and Nine seasons were audience-based evictions and my definition of "non-white" is a bit loose, but arguably seasons 1-4 evicted a POC/non-Anglo first each time. On Seven though, the HMs have evicted a POC first three times out of five. OTOH you could argue if Dion had been up he'd probably have been evicted and probably understandably. Not so much for insisting on rock-paper-scissors, but for carrying on like a dick about it afterwards.
12 of the 15 first evictees are women😤

It's a thing in pretty much every version - and a pattern in Survivor too. Social experiment wise we see year after year the men tend to protect each other in the first week and the women don't.

The tween girl vote
Not just them, also the bogan house wives. People who didn't really pay attention. "That Ben (Norris) is funny." Those types.

As I sat there each week getting annoyed at who left after I didn't vote. lol

Caught up now. Lots of 'boujee' talk in the first ep and this one all the girls seem to have just bought in thongs/pants that ride right up the crack and we got some guys asses too lol.

Gracious of BB to include a Q & A sesh for Luke to pick the nominees to get to know them better - and Sonia Inda houssee

Indifferent a bit on Sonia in the house - kind of makes more sense than her on a screen from elsewhere in the house but also probably really awkward during the voting phase and eviction itself her being there. Think she evicted herself immediately from the eviction.

No matter what these tik tokkers are saying for views it’s actually encouraging other tik tokkers to watch these sexy singles. I feel like this initial slump will catch on in a little bit. I’m enjoying watching the show so far, good eye candy.

*his

No, but @Consuela popped by on Monday.
Their gender doesn’t really phase me. Their persona is glam and dry wit, which has been quite enjoyable on these here forums.

Was happy to see Consuela, and unfortunately I, like Consuela, am based in Qld where extra daylight hours appears to be out of the question.

I’m also not going to be watching it on any streaming site to try stay in sync, it is what it is.

Personally I’m hoping the show is successful enough for them to decide to continue it, unlike a lot of peeps here that would like to see the end of BB. To be honest, if it got killed off on 7, I can’t see any other channels rushing to pick it up. It’s a tough space to navigate in Australia and it’s more appealing for networks to just churn out cheaper crap that people just watch anyway.

Their gender doesn’t really phase me. Their persona is glam and dry wit, which has been quite enjoyable on these here forums.

Was happy to see Consuela, and unfortunately I, like Consuela, am based in Qld where extra daylight hours appears to be out of the question.

I’m also not going to be watching it on any streaming site to try stay in sync, it is what it is.

Personally I’m hoping the show is successful enough for them to decide to continue it, unlike a lot of peeps here that would like to see the end of BB. To be honest, if it got killed off on 7, I can’t see any other channels rushing to pick it up. It’s a tough space to navigate in Australia and it’s more appealing for networks to just churn out cheaper crap that people just watch anyway.

The show just got bumped to a later timeslot from Monday and will probably be off the main channel after next week. I don't see it coming back next year

The show just got bumped to a later timeslot from Monday and will probably be off the main channel after next week. I don't see it coming back next year
The timeslot makes more sense to me w the sexy singles theme this year. It’s not targeted at kids unlike the previous years, and I’m thinking there could be some other reasons they made the decision.

Last edited:
The timeslot makes more sense to me w the sexy singles theme this year. It’s not targeted at kids unlike the previous years, and I’m thinking there could be some other reasons they made the decision.
I would not be surprised if there was parental complaints about unblurred bottoms being shown during prime family viewing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back