Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2023 - Episode 1 Discussion Thread

What do you expect this season of BB to be like overall?

• Good

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Mixed

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Facebook mums have turned against the show. The comments on every social profile is almost all negative.

Interested in the ratings for the episode, seeing as Nine and Ten don’t have major shows on against it.

Even the Facebook mums have turned against the show. The comments on every social profile is almost all negative.

Interested in the ratings for the episode, seeing as Nine and Ten don’t have major shows on against it.

I opted to catch up on BB UK instead of watching BB Australia tonight. When the die-hards turn on your show as well as the casuals you know you are in trouble....

Lol no comments in 24 hours haha.

And omfg...274000 for a launch show.....I expected low numbers but not this low!!

Second lowest rated episode ever, only 1 of the episodes last year rated lower. Being beaten by a Masked Singer clip show + My Mum Your Dad is embarrassing.

It was an even bigger flop than Blow Up, that balloon show this year, and that got moved to 7Flix after 2 episodes and only 16k watched the final episode. Let's see what happens with BB....

To be fair it got 500k in total tv daily overnight figures.
Like for like the overnights are well down and no hiding that - the total figures will be similarly down and despite what execs say the overnights are still the best first indicator of where the show us going. Down the pan in BBAU's case.

Seems my TV show autodownloader downloaded this steaming pile of shit (I forgot to block this season from triggering it)... Spent about two minutes flicking through it watching 5 seconds chunks here and there:

Looks like they:
- re-did the stupid plane thing from a few years ago as a train.
- cast a bunch of hot, dumb, vapid people with little qualities to make them likeable.
- did more of the usual boring shit as tasks.

Didn't make me feel like I'm missing out on anything and reaffirmed my decision to sit this out. And honestly from what I saw, I didn't really see anyone that would make me want to at least watch Uncut either.

Although I did laugh when I stumbled across a moment where someone was saying there could be a second house and then someone else blurted out "they can't afford that!" - presumably since the prize money was cut this season too so they knew the budget had been slashed. Can't imagine why they thought to keep that in there. 😂

Last edited:
When Big Brother finished I accidentally hit the wrong button on my remote and turned over to Love Island Australia. I thought I was watching the same show. Definitely not my cup of tea, I prefer the mix of contestants rather than all young pretty people.
Big Brother AU is now corrupted. It's evolved into a dating show or some crap like that. Pretty looking, plastic people with good bodies flirting and dating is not my thing. The show has come a long way from people in the likes of Reggie, Chrissie, Trevor and Tim - ordinary, day to day folk. Such a shame.

Oh and I already can't stand Dion. I hate it when unattractive arrogant men think they're hot. :bang:

Big Brother AU is now corrupted. It's evolved into a dating show or some crap like that. Pretty looking, plastic people with good bodies flirting and dating is not my thing. The show has come a long way from people in the likes of Reggie, Chrissie, Trevor and Tim - ordinary, day to day folk. Such a shame.

Oh and I already can't stand Dion. I hate it when unattractive arrogant men think they're hot. :bang:
the fact that he called himself an alpha male the moment he got into the building. gross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back