Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Well, Channel 9 has obviously been shaken by the success of this version. Promoting the "original and best Survivor" (the US version) on the prime channel.

...hahaha!... don't get me started on Channel 9 lol!... they just can't stand playing second fiddle to any other TV station... the fact that they have said that means that Channel 10 are onto a sure fire winner to me lol!... woohoo!... cheers.

Well, Channel 9 has obviously been shaken by the success of this version. Promoting the "original and best Survivor" (the US version) on the prime channel.
I hate to admit it, but when I watched it I did think "oh thank god it's real Survivor"

Sorry.

Anyway it's not going to do very well in that late slot even on Nine as opposed to Go!

I hate to admit it, but when I watched it I did think "oh thank god it's real Survivor"

Sorry.

Anyway it's not going to do very well in that late slot even on Nine as opposed to Go!
The AU is as good as for me, so I guess that's personal choice? Hell, considering it's Australian, it's damn good!
As to whether the US version does good this time around. Fail, yet again by 9. I thought that when they started playing it "fast tracked" on GO! that they realised how to really how to win the game with US shows, but they've stepped back again.

The AU is as good as for me, so I guess that's personal choice? Hell, considering it's Australian, it's damn good!
As to whether the US version does good this time around. Fail, yet again by 9. I thought that when they started playing it "fast tracked" on GO! that they realised how to really how to win the game with US shows, but they've stepped back again.
Oh don't get me wrong, I am loving Australian Survivor, but there was just a weird and visceral connection that tweaked in my brain cells. And Nine will catch up with a double ep the second week so don't worry about the delay.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am loving Australian Survivor, but there was just a weird and visceral connection that tweaked in my brain cells. And Nine will catch up with a double ep the second week so don't worry about the delay.
Never relied on local TV for Survivor eps. Nine doesn't get how things are these days, broadcasting shows when it suits them just doesn't work anymore.

I love Australian Survivor. It's so chaotic. It may be that I like it because of Phoebes stellar play as we so rarely get players like her.

US Survivor feels stale to me.

What's the news on the latest ratings? I'm so worried people will get bored and stop watching.

I love Australian Survivor. It's so chaotic. It may be that I like it because of Phoebes stellar play as we so rarely get players like her.

US Survivor feels stale to me.

What's the news on the latest ratings? I'm so worried people will get bored and stop watching.
Seriously? This version isn't going the way you want it to so others will stop watching?
I really don't care who wins, loving this version.

Seriously? This version isn't going the way you want it to so others will stop watching?
I really don't care who wins, loving this version.
That isn't what I meant. I'm concern the audience will dwindle for reasons I said before, the other shows it competes with are also nearing the end and will pull viewers,and the audience hasn't been building. I don't think the show will gain new viewers. I hope it does because another season would be fun.

From another post it seems one of those shows (Zumba)is over but another reality (x factor)show is starting in competition with Survivor.

That drop to under 600,000 number scared me.

Last edited:
That isn't what I meant. I'm concern the audience will dwindle for reasons I said before, the other shows it competes with are also nearing the end and will pull viewers,and the audience hasn't been building. I don't think the show will gain new viewers. I hope it does because another season would be fun.

From another post it seems one of those shows (Zumba)is over but another reality (x factor)show is starting in competition with Survivor.

That drop to under 600,000 number scared me.

Do TV ratings even mean anything anymore? Gosh I remember living with one of those ratings boxes in my lounge in the early 2000s ...... Got to select something as a 'gift' every 5 years! Thank You! (Cheap Crystal Glasses that broke in 1 Year) We just made sure we watched the ABC and well, that was more about a statement! Lived with that CONTROL for 7 Years ........... GLAD when it was NOT part of life anymore. Move over REAL BB............

And as if you were watching a program in you are watching, when somone happened to visit and if you turned your TV off - when they arrived or left it on when you went to visit the toilet or hang the washing out, whilst you left your TV on 24/7 ....... not a reliable source of information ......... in the world we live in these days, it is TV on DEMAND. Like look at my life, I don't work 9-5 and loads of people these days do not - seeing we all WANT a 24/7 Lifestyle. So, to rely on those that reckon they watch TV on a TICK TOCK basis is utter BULLSHIT for TV ratings.

Most will download, if they have access to the NBN pffffffffffttttttttttt - in your dreams! Watch when you want! TV Ratings are a crock of shite - used to sell advertising and that is about all it is usual for. I doubt these ratings via TV whatever, will ever dictated the reality of a popular TV show!

Well, I hope ...................

Ooooo you are the only person I have ever encountered anywhere that has been a TV ratings box family.
How does it happen, it is such a mystery.

And OMG our fabulous survivor is about to be kicked in the arse by the friggin very popular X-factor, starting this week.

Ooooo you are the only person I have ever encountered anywhere that has been a TV ratings box family.
How does it happen, it is such a mystery.

And OMG our fabulous survivor is about to be kicked in the arse by the friggin very popular X-factor, starting this week.

Actually I don't think X Factor will affect Survivor that much , the last two years it hasn't been rating that well. Last year it hovered around the 900k-1m mark, same as The Block is doing now. Its finale only rated 1.045 m.

I hope you are right, and probably Aussies are going to hate on Iggy the psuedo American from mullumbimby.
And we all know mel b is going to pop up, this panel could be quite creepy in fact

Yesterday's results (Monday):

THE BLOCK -MON Nine 1,069,000
THE X FACTOR – MON Seven 904,000
7.30-EV ABC 823,000 / AUSTRALIAN STORY-EV ABC 778,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON TEN 684,000

Was The Block a reveal ep? Survivor did pretty well if it was.

OK wrapping up the "week" (Tuesday):

THE BLOCK -TUE Nine 931,000
THE X FACTOR – TUE Seven 895,000
7.30-EV ABC 690,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES TEN 660,000

Not a great result for Survivor for a Tuesday :(

FUCmogf.gif

7.30-EV ABC 690,000

FUCmogf.gif
Thanks so much for these it's going to be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season. We've got four more weeks or seven more episodes or something?

7.30-EV ABC 690,000

FUCmogf.gif

I think at this point with the Free to Air audience being so low, demos are more important than total viewers. Survivor was second in its time slot in all demos.

I think at this point with the Free to Air audience being so low, demos are more important than total viewers. Survivor was second in its time slot in all demos.
I know. I just wanted a 'total viewers' graph because at a glance it's easier to digest.

It is doing well in the demos as you say and it's very likely that Ten will renew it. The trend since week 3 has been consistently level in the high 600,000s so I guess we'll see if last night's dip was a hint of a drop off or just an anomaly in the next couple of weeks.

Back