Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 8 Discussion

Can someone please enlighten me why we needed to be advised that Luke shaved his balls? I mean, WHY?

Is this going to factor in as IMPORTANT INFORMATION at a later time?
Maybe they wanted to clarify what that action he was performing was, in case it was misconstrued? :D

Personal grooming is always commendable.

Did they do a similar twist at a tribal last year, I think so. But I prefer votes to be taken for what they are meant for, and tribe switches to be done at the start of episodes, and it did feel like a switch was overdue. It's funny though that those speaking out loud Anneliese's name may have wished to be more silent like some of the others now.

Some bad gameplay again, there was no reason to tell those who you are trying to coax across that you are splitting the votes. All they need to be given is one name to vote for, and make out that that is the target.

Michelle's biggest moment in the series, being dragged across the challenge set holding a torch. I guess she'll disappear again now after her moment of glory.

In the reward challenge I thought when the ball dropped after running underneath they should have all had to go back to the other side to do it again, it was strange that they could just wait for the ball second time.

Anneliese was obviously a focal point by the end, but at the start she wasn't mentioned when Locky/Tara talking about their 4, I had to think a bit to remember who the 4th was. She's one of those who've been largely ignored in the edit.

We've not had any sponsored rewards yet. Ten, you missing out on that promo cash!

Don't give them ideas. The Canadian Big Brother this year was so full of adverts.

Well that was obvious at the last bit, thanks to the music. :rolleyes:

Shows like US Survivor and The Amazing Race often give away the end of a challenge by music. Once I remember a fake out using music, but I don't remember that happening again.

Shame it won't go to fire. LOL

At this stage doesn't it go to drawing rocks if it keeps as a tie after re-votes?

Did they do a similar twist at a tribal last year, I think so. But I prefer votes to be taken for what they are meant for, and tribe switches to be done at the start of episodes, and it did feel like a switch was overdue. It's funny though that those speaking out loud Anneliese's name may have wished to be more silent like some of the others now.

Some bad gameplay again, there was no reason to tell those who you are trying to coax across that you are splitting the votes. All they need to be given is one name to vote for, and make out that that is the target.

Michelle's biggest moment in the series, being dragged across the challenge set holding a torch. I guess she'll disappear again now after her moment of glory.

In the reward challenge I thought when the ball dropped after running underneath they should have all had to go back to the other side to do it again, it was strange that they could just wait for the ball second time.

Anneliese was obviously a focal point by the end, but at the start she wasn't mentioned when Locky/Tara talking about their 4, I had to think a bit to remember who the 4th was. She's one of those who've been largely ignored in the edit.

Why were they saying Annelise's name out loud?

I took it as a smartarse "you wouldn't vote with us, you are irrelevant to the game and we don't care if you know we voted for you" type of message. And now it's going to come back to bite them when she returns to the game.

I took it as a smartarse "you wouldn't vote with us, you are irrelevant to the game and we don't care if you know we voted for you" type of message. And now it's going to come back to bite them when she returns to the game.

It was weird because they were all acting like it was one big joke, but i could be wrong.

She certainly looked shocked when they said it. I think you're right. I'm going to miss half of the episode tonight. I'll watch it later on ten play.

Maybe they wanted to clarify what that action he was performing was, in case it was misconstrued? :D

Personal grooming is always commendable.
It is and it could be very misconstrued as to what he was doing. I'd like to think he'd do the 'misconstruing' in deeper water though, so as to not be glaringly obvious, although Ryan in BB said that eventually he couldn't be bothered hiding his misconstruing from the camera in the toilet. Something like that anyway.

Shows like US Survivor and The Amazing Race often give away the end of a challenge by music. Once I remember a fake out using music, but I don't remember that happening again.

At this stage doesn't it go to drawing rocks if it keeps as a tie after re-votes?

Yes, it would have been rocks, but with all the "I'm not doing the fire" thing this ep, would have been fitting. LOL

Back