Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 21 Discussion

They are treating him as an idiot like Sam and Matt, but could that be to keep the Australian public happy with him?

His edit seems to be all about how much integrity he has. How much he doesn't need to win, at the expense of his integrity. Integrity, integrity, integrity. Ugh. They are trying hard to make us like him though, showing his model walks etc. It's not working for me though. Up until now he's literally done nothing interesting. He's just been there, looking ripped.

At the end of the day, Aussies LOVE an underdog. And that underdog is Kristie. I figure when starting out the producers would have seen her as a sad-case early boot and probably wouldn't even have made Jury.

If Brooke is correct and everyone sees Lee and El as amazing people then Flick made a terrible decision in throwing in her lot with two people she doesnt have a hope of beating and quite likely tossing a lifetime friendship out the window at the same time. She would have been guaranteed final three if she stayed with Brooke and Sam and possibly final 2. Having done this she has basically put Kristie in the position of being Lee and El's number three and herself in a very vulnerable position which she would NOT have been in if she had voted out El.

As for Kristie, some people have criticized her strategy but did not Sandra Diaz Twine win Survivor US both times she played by using this similar type of game? Its the "anyone but me" strategy where her vote is for hire and Sandra got to the endgame both times despite never even coming close to winning any kind of challenge and moving in and out of alliances as the situation warranted, never being seen as any kind of a threat.

Oooo that was hard to take....I adore Brooky. But she will come out of this just fine. She had a good run but Flick was right...she was getting too greedy and learned a hard lesson....never trust someone who was once a topless meter maid!
As long as Sam or Lee don't win Im good with whoever...though I dont think Flick can win now.
Flick was the meter maid, not Brooke. We don't have meter maids in Victoria. They wander around topless?

Last edited:
I've got this bad feeling that Lee
If Brooke is correct and everyone sees Lee and El as amazing people then Flick made a terrible decision in throwing in her lot with two people she doesnt have a hope of beating and quite likely tossing a lifetime friendship out the window at the same time. She would have been guaranteed final three if she stayed with Brooke and Sam and possibly final 2. Having done this she has basically put Kristie in the position of being Lee and El's number three and herself in a very vulnerable position which she would NOT have been in if she had voted out El.

As for Kristie, some people have criticized her strategy but did not Sandra Diaz Twine win Survivor US both times she played by using this similar type of game? Its the "anyone but me" strategy where her vote is for hire and Sandra got to the endgame both times despite never even coming close to winning any kind of challenge and moving in and out of alliances as the situation warranted, never being seen as any kind of a threat.
I agree, I think it was a bad decision by Flick. Good for television but not so good for her chances of her making the final. El and Lee aren't going to vote against each other and they are a strong challenge duo. Flick could have made it to the final with Brooke if they had voted out Lee and El. Also now you have Sam and probably Matt that are going to be super pissed with her and won't trust her. My guess is if El or Lee aren't out next week they will make it to the final.

Flick was the meter maid, not Brooke. We don't have meter maids in Victoria. They wander around topless?

I think @blowhard89 was talking about Flick being the meter maid. But I can confirm they wear tops, as in a full bikini, top and bottom. We can't even buy booze in a supermarket in QLD, we have ridiculously strict laws, as if they are going to let people wander around the Gold Coast half naked?

I don't think Flick could know Brooke would be so unable to understand she was just playing the game to win. Flick knows she can't beat Brooke because Brooke is getting all the credit. So she took her chance

If Brooke is still so bitter, Flick doesn't need her as a friend.

Sandra played a strategy where she knew when she was in trouble she would tell people things to shift the target to someone else. No one else has effectively done that.

Sandra also actively warned the people who ended up on the jury not to trust Rusell and not to make the moves they planned to do. At the end, all she needed to say was that she had warned them and wanted to play with them,but they didn't listen. They knew that was true.

I do think that like Sandra, Kyrstie can win because she hasn't made anyone on the jury angry. You can tell they will all vote for her if they get the chance.
She has to get past Lee and El though and that will not be easy.

Last edited:
Brooke was on The Project tonight, still talking about how she doesn't know if she'll ever be able to trust Flick.

And yet both Lee and El were in her firing line when they were deciding who they should target, in yesterday's ep.

Because she thought both were popular and could win over the jury.

Unlike the US version they have avoided turning it into The Bachelor In Samoa.

Will Sam ever get over his crush on Lee? I mean, it's brought him to tears.

Kristies confessionals have been the best. Can't any of them see her as a threat?

To be fair the last US episode had nothing on the showmance.

Lee seems to have a crush there as well. To me he's not that different to Sam, he's just (thankfully) less talkative.

I'm not convinced by Krirstie's confessionals, she turns into a different person, I wonder how much of them are her words. All this stuff about her being a great gameplayer doesn't stand up to scrutiny, she does what she's told (by Kate, Lee or whoever).

Last edited:
Brooke was on The Project tonight, still talking about how she doesn't know if she'll ever be able to trust Flick.
I wish she would be a good sport. She has no insight at all into how she appears and how she voted out person after person.
The first time she faces adversity she is unable to cope.
She's also making it clear that Flick won't win, which I find extra irritating.

I wish she would be a good sport. She has no insight at all into how she appears and how she voted out person after person.
The first time she faces adversity she is unable to cope.
She's also making it clear that Flick won't win, which I find extra irritating.
Not very gracious in defeat is she, all of these weeks later?

Not very gracious in defeat is she, all of these weeks later?
wrt the 'mean girls' being a sexist thing... to be honest if three guys were in their position acting and being as consistently smug as they were, they would in all likelihood be just as hated. So stop playing the sex card. If you are going to act like smug power freaks then just wear the consequences.

And I'd roast the chicken at final 4, so you get a quarter chicken each.

I don't think Flick could know Brooke would be so unable to understand she was just playing the game to win. Flick knows she can't beat Brooke because Brooke is getting all the credit. So she took her chance

If Brooke is still so bitter, Flick doesn't need her as a friend.

Sandra played a strategy where she knew when she was in trouble she would tell people things to shift the target to someone else. No one else has effectively done that.

Sandra also actively warned the people who ended up on the jury not to trust Rusell and not to make the moves they planned to do. At the end, all she needed to say was that she had warned them and wanted to play with them,but they didn't listen. They knew that was true.

I do think that like Sandra, Kyrstie can win because she hasn't made anyone on the jury angry. You can tell they will all vote for her if they get the chance.
She has to get past Lee and El though and that will not be easy.

Well it was $500 grand--lifechanging money. Yes its a game, but I think until that perceived betrayal happens to any of us its really difficult to know how we would react ourselves. I would expect that the vast majority of us are not Lees and would feel the same as Brooke.

Also as regards my comparison of Kristie to Sandra....I believe Sandra played it so well that no one ever wrote her name down to vote her off, even Russell...just as a winner and Sandra's social game was far superior to that of Kristie's. Sandra didnt just fall into the win, she earned it both times. The way it looks now, if Kristie gets to the end she will fall into it, though there are episodes coming that may show otherwise.

And actually Flick WAS a bikini clad meter maid, my mistake...the topless thing was perhaps just an item on my wishlist.

Well it was $500 grand--lifechanging money. Yes its a game, but I think until that perceived betrayal happens to any of us its really difficult to know how we would react ourselves. I would expect that the vast majority of us are not Lees and would feel the same as Brooke.

Also as regards my comparison of Kristie to Sandra....I believe Sandra played it so well that no one ever wrote her name down to vote her off, even Russell...just as a winner and Sandra's social game was far superior to that of Kristie's. Sandra didnt just fall into the win, she earned it both times. The way it looks now, if Kristie gets to the end she will fall into it, though there are episodes coming that may show otherwise.

And actually Flick WAS a bikini clad meter maid, my mistake...the topless thing was perhaps just an item on my wishlist.
I am saying that Brooke happily wrote down Els name which was also a betrayal. She doesn't seem to understand that she was doing the same thing to others. I'm sure it has never cross her mind.
She acts as if she had won the money and it was stolen from her instead of realizing her own poor game play. She can blame Flick, but El turned on her as well.

I understand her being upset but she's acting as if she was personally harmed when she had been gleefully beating others and assuming she deserved to win. Remember how nasty she was that anyone else could even try to play? She's shown absolutely no sense that she did the same thing to everyone else.

She was never in a difficult spot the entire game and she could easily have avoided this by voting out say Kristie before JL earlier.

I think she's showing she was exactly the mean girl that they showed on tv. She was never a good strategist, she was good at manipulating people.

Actually I think she should have gone for Lee much sooner. He was always a bigger threat to win than someone like Conner or Kate.

She was able to hold her group together through her mean girl tactics of labeling people strategists and voting them out. She was never very strategic.

Didn't she say that she won survivor weeks ago? Like"we just won survivor."

Back