Skip to main content

2023 Referendum: Indigenous Voice to Parliament

because none of those other ethnicities lived on this land for thousands of years and have valuable knowledge on how it could be looked after for thousands more years? Because the first nations people of Australia suffered genocide and had their children stolen from them and suffer trauma from that that leads to some complexities in the communities that they live in, that maybe they should have some say in how to fix, rather than being told by outsiders what is best for them all the time? Because they want something that is in the constitution so that the government of the day cant just randomly change thier mind about having an advisory group - you just said it.
You said it all, couldn't agree more. 👍

It would be a bloody loaded referendum question that was answering yes or no to all of that Tony... Besides what if you want yes to some and no to others? Wouldn't you need a yes/no for each? Otherwise if you want just one of those you would have to answer yes...

Yes @rj90 the more I type the more moronic he looks to me...

If you don't know, vote informal. Draw a nice dick or something. Why vote down something because you couldn't be bothered to understand it? That is idiotic. Let people who took the time to understand the issues make the decision.

Media Watch had a show devoted entirely to The Voice debate (16 minutes). Well worth a look:

…in the Tv ads thread of mine I just wrote this and then I thought that maybe I should write it here… it fits in either thread I guess?… cheers.

…in the latest Referendum Ad it says “don’t worry if you make a mistake in the voting… just ask an attendant and they will supply you with another ballot paper”… (or something like that)… if you make a mistake?… you only have to write or tick ‘yes’ or ‘no’ ffs!… if you are that moronic… YOU SHOULDN‘T BE ALLOWED TO VOTE!… sheesh!… 🙄… cheers.

Back