Skip to main content

2014 Schedule Changes

@Big Brother is Watching Not quite. BB's still GO-ing to be on ;) http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2014/10/cricket-sends-big-brother-to-the-channel-9-sideline/

I personally rather having it at 8:30/8:40 each night over a mishmash of times (which for a while varied from as early as 7:30 and as late as 9/9:30!). Queenslanders heading to the live shows would benefit, too, as the 7:30 shows were starting at 6:30 in DW, which once you add in the time needed for crowd warm up is really too early (for a weekday) for most to be able to get there. Which is likely why BB Evictions used to be on Sundays.....but that's a whole other topic!
Likewise, I would rather they settle the show into one unchanging timeslot, and I'd rather it be later than 7:30pm so that we're allowed more content and have less kiddie restrictions.
It's just very annoying, having adapted to Tuesdays being 7:30pm, that they quietly change it back to 8:40. It's like they're trying to shake off as many BB viewers as possible.

What the hell is wrong with Nein? Why is tonight's show starting 8:40pm? Aren't Tuesdays the 7:30pm start?

[If there were Cricket on tonight, I wouldn't mind but they're showing an animal type doco. What gives?]

Yes, wouldn't the animal doco be a good way to settle down after BB and chill out.

It's so nice having Prisus safe :D

Yes that is all I am interested about now. The end can't come quickly enough for me. Let me see Priya win and forget about BB.

Last night I started watching and even muting the audience, missing what Sonia said, there was nothing interesting so I changed channel.

Came here this morning in the forum to read what happened, and it seems I missed nothing.

I have sadly given up BB. It won't change, even if BB is back in 2015, it will be still a show for 12 yrs old. Someone said that they had to make those noises in the audience, so what you see it well trained kids with their parents.

What kind of audience jumps up to show their friends they were in the audience? Screaming why??????? I can imagine them going to school next day "did you see me, did you see me? I was flapping my arms like crazy"

:dead: RIP BB as I knew it :dead:

Tuesday show now 90 minutes.

Wednesday 19 November - BB is back on GO! for the cricket (except Perth)

David Knox is calling the Finale as definite for Wednesday 26th, now, it seems.

Up for evicton next week are David, Priya, Ryan, Leo and Skye.

Monday, November 17, at 8.30pm on Channel Nine – Eviction
Tuesday, November 18, at 8.40pm on Channel Nine – Eviction
Wednesday, November 19, at 8.30pm on GO!
Thursday, November 20, at 8.30pm on Channel Nine

The show ends Wednesday November 26th.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/big-brother-nov-17-20.html

David Knox is calling the Finale as definite for Wednesday 26th, now, it seems.

Up for evicton next week are David, Priya, Ryan, Leo and Skye.

Monday, November 17, at 8.30pm on Channel Nine – Eviction
Tuesday, November 18, at 8.40pm on Channel Nine – Eviction
Wednesday, November 19, at 8.30pm on GO!
Thursday, November 20, at 8.30pm on Channel Nine

The show ends Wednesday November 26th.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/big-brother-nov-17-20.html

Yep tickets for the finale have gone on sale this morning for the 26th of November. This means that the BB finale will be up against The Arias and the Criminal Minds finale.

I can't say I would have any interest in watching either The Aria's or the Criminal Minds finale if they were on at a different time to BB. Are they considered major event tv?

I can't say I would have any interest in watching either The Aria's or the Criminal Minds finale if they were on at a different time to BB. Are they considered major event tv?

They wouldn't normally be much competition but this year 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction and the Justice Crew will be performing on The Arias, who will most likely draw in the younger crowd that would normally be watching BB.

They wouldn't normally be much competition but this year 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction and the Justice Crew will be performing on The Arias, who will most likely draw in the younger crowd that would normally be watching BB.
Yasss and I and my friend will be capped outside The Star >:)
Depressing I'll miss the finale though - that is def the best part of the entire season

At the moment, the BB final is at 8.30 in all states with two New Zealand factuals 7.30 - 830 as mentioned above. Wonder what the chances for a last minute change to a live Queensland and/or SA final are?

At the moment, the BB final is at 8.30 in all states with two New Zealand factuals 7.30 - 830 as mentioned above. Wonder what the chances for a last minute change to a live Queensland and/or SA final are?
They're putting 2 crappy NZ factuals on at 7.30 instead of Big Brother? FFS

That's fucking stupid, why can't they have it live across all states at 6.30/7.30pm like they did last year? If the show runs overtime which finales almost always do, it could be 11.00pm+ by the time it finishes, which is way too late for most of their target audience. Nine wanted a family friendly show, yet they can't even put it on at a family-friendly time.

They probably will - last year they only announced it would be live in most states less than a week before it aired, and we all know Aussie TV schedules aren't worth the paper they're written on.

They're putting 2 crappy NZ factuals on at 7.30 instead of Big Brother? FFS

Could this have possibly changed?
The Big Brother site, where it talks about finial night says 7.30pm, whilst yourtv.com.au says 8.30pm.

Capture.jpg

Hmmm..... Perth DTV EPG still says 8-30pm

YahooTV guide also says 8-30pm Perth, Melbourne & Sydney.

Back