Skip to main content

‘Big Brother: Secrets & Lies’

I'm not really understanding the total dislike for Callum both in the house and on digital spy? All the poor bloke has to do is walk through the room and they're "ugh he's so cringe"

I'm really REALLY starting to dislike Dexter.

Callum comes across like the uber- sociopath. He DOES always finish Charlie's sentences in a patronising way. He puts her in a corner menacingly. He looks at her as though he was about to roast her liver and eat it and he snarls at her.

Why does Charlie put up with him? Naivete? Masochism?

I have no idea. :confused:

I can't quite understand why Sam puts up and supports Callums viciousness.
The speech at the conference from Callum was really vile.

Time for Sophie to go. She says: "Ee was up in me arse..." when she means "He was up in my house...":confused:
I don't like the cow. Lounging about in her bathrobe all day should be against the rules.

For relatives to nominate is just wrong. Historically the bogans have a much larger following therefore non-bogans are at a disadvantage.

Yet again Gina is being given a free ride... on top of all the (special) powers BB bestows on her.
Sophie laments that Sam won't tell her what he's got against her. Stupid cow, how can he tell you anything when you keep interrupting and talk over the top of him?

Gina is the only one worth watching. This whole season has been a bit blah for me. I don't really like any of them.

Didn't much like how Charlie's friend just nominated as some complaining viewer instead of looking out for Charlie's interests. She nominated Charlie's bestie (Hazel) in there, and it set off a huge row.

I really liked Chazel, so hopefully that can get back on track. If only Dan was still in there, he would have sorted it out.

Didn't much like how Charlie's friend just nominated as some complaining viewer instead of looking out for Charlie's interests. She nominated Charlie's bestie (Hazel) in there, and it set off a huge row.

I really liked Chazel, so hopefully that can get back on track. If only Dan was still in there, he would have sorted it out.

I pretty much agree with your perception of Charlie's friend's nomination and the Chazel relationship. :D

As to Dan sorting it out I'm not so sure. He probably would have in the early stages but not now. From the beginning I felt that Dan latched on to those two girls for a ride toward the end - with the intention to slyly knife them later one by one when it best suited his own interest.
But, we have different opinions and of course we will never know.

Charlie's Sophie really threw a cat amongst the pigeons!!!

When Hazel was saying that Sophie was a "little bitch face" and that she can't effin wait to meet her, I was picturing Sophie yelling at the TV that she can't effin wait to meet Hazel either. Someone call security if Hazel and Charlie are evicted in the same show.

I actually thought that Hazel and Gina's version of events was "closer" to the truth than Charlie's, but there was no acknowledgement about Charlie's inability to communicate effectively, and I felt so sorry for Charlie with most of the house ganging up on her and not letting her talk (although talking seems to be what gets Charlie into trouble so not necessarily a bad thing). Alcohol is no one's friend in the BB house.

But it's like looking at everyone's worst behaviour and trying to decide who's is the least worst.

I pretty much agree with your perception of Charlie's friend's nomination and the Chazel relationship. :D

As to Dan sorting it out I'm not so sure. He probably would have in the early stages but not now. From the beginning I felt that Dan latched on to those two girls for a ride toward the end - with the intention to slyly knife them later one by one when it best suited his own interest.
But, we have different opinions and of course we will never know.

Dan is still supporting Hazel (and Charlie). Even complained on his twitter saying how it sucks no one in there was trying to sort out the argument, and how he wished he was in there so he could help fix it:

http://www.twitter.com/dannealofficial

[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: Not seen what happened in @bbuk house last night. Will def catch it 2nite. Have alot of love 4 both Hazel & Charlie. The nom was harsh #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: Uh-oh...I think tonight's @bbuk is def going to be hard to watch. Don't like seeing my friends arguing/upset :(( @bbuk #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: I want to be there to sort this shit out. Why is nobody bloody intervening?!? ffs @bbuk #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: So gutted for Charlie. I don't see any way back for her and Hazel now. I so wish I'd bloody been in there @bbuk #bbuk #hardtowatch
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: Had a lot of tweets re Hazel. I cant judge her by what I c on tv. She was my friend in the house & I hope we'll b friends o'side @bbuk #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: To clarify, I have NOT turned against Hazel. The article on Metro website even concedes this. I didn't meant 2 RT anything neg @bbuk #bbuk

Anyway, I think I've just about given up on BB UK. Before I ever saw it I was turned off somewhat by how I heard the booing is a big part of it over there, then when I started to tune in came to like a few in there and I liked the increased coverage. Then there was a poll on the website about fave hms, etc and they allowed that to be shared in the house. Now though I just think there is totally favouritism and constant outside feedback and I really hope bb Australia never goes down this path. It's just getting toxic.

If you look at the below video ( first link from the official site which doesnt work for Australians but the second one on YouTube does) you will see them showing that Gina got a call from her boyfriend telling her to stay away from Hazel! Wtf? When is everybody else getting their calls?

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother/article/video/Day-56-Ginas-boyfriend-warns-stay-away-from-Hazel

http://youtu.be/FZ2ydYg6kY0

Last edited:
If this is your first season of BBUK it's been a bit of a letdown. It's usually far far more entertaining.

If this is your first season of BBUK it's been a bit of a letdown. It's usually far far more entertaining.

Yeah, first regular (though i did see the celeb one with rylan and toadie) but I tuned in when I heard Scott Major from Neighbours was going to be on bbbots and then heard about someone getting thrown out and i got sucked in (went back and saw the opening night after that and then some of the eps with Michael). Just getting too annoyed with constant outside feedback (even just them hearing boos/cheers ) and what looks to be constant favouritism and bad behaviour.

Whilst I have gripes about Australian BB I'm coming to appreciate our style more than the UK, even if it is more 'kiddie'.

Last edited:
Dan is still supporting Hazel (and Charlie). Even complained on his twitter saying how it sucks no one in there was trying to sort out the argument, and how he wished he was in there so he could help fix it:

http://www.twitter.com/dannealofficial

[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: Not seen what happened in @bbuk house last night. Will def catch it 2nite. Have alot of love 4 both Hazel & Charlie. The nom was harsh #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: Uh-oh...I think tonight's @bbuk is def going to be hard to watch. Don't like seeing my friends arguing/upset :(( @bbuk #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: I want to be there to sort this shit out. Why is nobody bloody intervening?!? ffs @bbuk #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: So gutted for Charlie. I don't see any way back for her and Hazel now. I so wish I'd bloody been in there @bbuk #bbuk #hardtowatch
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: Had a lot of tweets re Hazel. I cant judge her by what I c on tv. She was my friend in the house & I hope we'll b friends o'side @bbuk #bbuk
[MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]ealOfficial: To clarify, I have NOT turned against Hazel. The article on Metro website even concedes this. I didn't meant 2 RT anything neg @bbuk #bbuk

Anyway, I think I've just about given up on BB UK. Before I ever saw it I was turned off somewhat by how I heard the booing is a big part of it over there, then when I started to tune in came to like a few in there and I liked the increased coverage. Then there was a poll on the website about fave hms, etc and they allowed that to be shared in the house. Now though I just think there is totally favouritism and constant outside feedback and I really hope bb Australia never goes down this path. It's just getting toxic.

If you look at the below video ( first link from the official site which doesnt work for Australians but the second one on YouTube does) you will see them showing that Gina got a call from her boyfriend telling her to stay away from Hazel! Wtf? When is everybody else getting their calls?

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother/article/video/Day-56-Ginas-boyfriend-warns-stay-away-from-Hazel

http://youtu.be/FZ2ydYg6kY0

Thanks for the tweets and links. I wouldn't expect Dan to say anything different - he quit his job (put all his eggs in one basket), has a child to support and didn't end up winning BB. To still support Hazel and Charlie in public is probably a wise move for his future prospects and exposure in the media. I still think that he's devious.

Yes, it's now become quite chaotic. Both Hazel's and Charlie's big mistake was to confide in their worst enemies Gina and Sophie in the aftermath of the nominations. They manipulate the two, play them off against each other and Dexter is feasting on the situation confusing the situation even more.

Sam seemed to be the only one with a sound perspective on the mess. The twins just keep rolling their eyes and being 'pleasantly funny' while biding their time.

Thanks for the tweets and links. I wouldn't expect Dan to say anything different - he quit his job (put all his eggs in one basket), has a child to support and didn't end up winning BB. To still support Hazel and Charlie in public is probably a wise move for his future prospects and exposure in the media. I still think that he's devious.

Yes, it's now become quite chaotic. Both Hazel's and Charlie's big mistake was to confide in their worst enemies Gina and Sophie in the aftermath of the nominations. They manipulate the two, play them off against each other and Dexter is feasting on the situation confusing the situation even more.

Sam seemed to be the only one with a sound perspective on the mess. The twins just keep rolling their eyes and being 'pleasantly funny' while biding their time.

You're a fool... Obviously someone with a "child" (he's 13 for god sakes!!!) is responsible enough to ensure they have every thing in the right place before doing something so drastic... Dan actually seems quiet intelligent and I don't think for a moment would put his own personal ambitions before the needs of his son... I don't see anything that he's done so far that constitutes being labeled devious...

I also really don't see a correlation between continuing to support people he was friends with in the house and trying to get exposure... Lets be honest here... There are plenty of other ways he could be doing to extend his notoriety and plenty of said ways are more shameful...

I really don't see why this guy has such a bad wrap...

I thought the first three weeks were great actually... One of the best series of the last 3 or 4 years... However the clear manipulating on the production side of things and some poorly executed elements have lead me to turn it off...

In general the producers need to stop building the show around a select group of major players... It leads to major characters being the center of conflict and dominating the storylines while the dullards float under the "nice" pretense and progress further in to the series...

Yeah I had high hopes at the beginning but then the cast seemed to wind up being a bunch of nothings.

Back