Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

London Has Fallen

Not as good as the first but an entertaining action film. Quite enjoyed it, once it gets going it doesn't stop right until the end.

lots of explosions?

Oh of course. The films prologue ends in a giant explosion. The reintroduction to the main characters ends in many explosions. This leads to the action section which is almost the entire movie which then ends with a big explosion. Then the epilogue ends with another big explosion.

The Great Wall

The story is thin, the acting is not good. No idea what exactly is going on with Matt Damon but it does kind of work in this simple film with a lot of subtitles. It was better than I thought it'd be, it's just entertainment, action and some cool visuals.

Logan

It's good to see a comic book film for adults. Seeing Wolverine cut lose in violent glory was great. I really enjoyed this film, it's probably a tad too long but not an issue for me. It's nice to see some of these comic book films not be all special effects and over the top action.

I really liked it, but not for the kids and I could see it not being for everyone's tastes.

Logan- Possibly the best Super-Hero movie since Spider-man 2 from 2004. (The Dark Knight is more of a villain story in a way).

The Terminator- quite a good movie.

Apparently they are going to be re-releasing the second one in 3d at the cinemas this year.

Kong Skull Island- Ok, though Loki was not very charming.

An Affair to Remember- Very romantic.

Mars Attacks- Silly.

Beauty and The Beast- not as good as the original.

Kong Skull Island- Ok, though Loki was not very charming.

An Affair to Remember- Very romantic.

Mars Attacks- Silly.

Beauty and The Beast- not as good as the original.

It was distracting how small Gaston was. If they were going to cast someone who looked 40, they should have said screw it and cast Hugh Jackman.

LaLa Land. Perfect.

Twice I have attempted to watch that and both times it annoyed me enough to pull the plug. I won't try for a third.

I have just watched Lion and OMG, it brought tears to my eyes several times before I actually cried at the end. Our Nicole was surprisingly good and even Dev Patel was very convincing (by not having to ham up a cheesy Indian accent as he did in the Marigold Hotel films). Beautiful cinematography, the child Saroo was particularly wonderful. Plot wise, maybe a few issues with the adopted brother not being fleshed out enough, and the (pointless, American) girlfriend who was, well, pointless and American (was that to make it more accessible to a US audience?) but otherwise I loved this film. Absolutely loved it.

Back