Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I got the main story line but some of the details about who was who and what they were doing I didn't get. Like who were the goodies and baddies in the battle scenes, the backstory, how it ended etc. I'm not an avid Star Wars fan so I suppose that makes a difference. I felt like it was a movie I would need to watch again.

I got the main story line but some of the details about who was who and what they were doing I didn't get. Like who were the goodies and baddies in the battle scenes, the backstory, how it ended etc. I'm not an avid Star Wars fan so I suppose that makes a difference. I felt like it was a movie I would need to watch again.

Have you seen the first Star Wars movie?

I actually said to the person I was with that I should probably watch/re-watch all the Star Wars movies one day to make sense of them. I don't really follow them. I just go see them if someone asks me if I want to go. I suppose that's why the plot goes right over my head.

I actually said to the person I was with that I should probably watch/re-watch all the Star Wars movies one day to make sense of them. I don't really follow them. I just go see them if someone asks me if I want to go. I suppose that's why the plot goes right over my head.

i watched the trilogy a few months ago, which why i was able to remember.

ohhh film resolutions i like the sound of that.

mine will be to watch movies beyond my primitive american film watching experience.

so movies from Europe or Asia.

I've gotten right into silent films lately. I just love the black and white aesthetic, the historical value and the escapism of them. They're a different experience altogether. And I want to watch more documentaries this year. I love my docos.

Reactions: kxk
I've seen another one of his documentaries called Tabloid. It's about a 1970's British tabloid story, 'The Case of the Manacled Mormon". It's a completely bizarre, hilarious and slightly disturbing story that just gets weirder and weirder...

"Thirty years before the antics of Lindsay, Paris and Britney, Joyce McKinney made her mark as a peerless tabloid queen. In TABLOID, Academy Award(R)-winning filmmaker Errol Morris (THE FOG OF WAR) follows the salacious adventures of this beauty queen with an IQ of 168, whose single-minded devotion to the man of her dreams leads her on a labyrinthine crusade for love. Down a surreal rabbit hole of kidnapping, masochistic Mormons, risque photography, magic underwear, celestial sex, jail time and a cloning laboratory in South Korea, Joyce's fantastic exploits were constant headlines".

Passengers - Bit of love, bit of action, bit of sci-fi, what's not to like, and Jennifer Lawrence is very easy to look at.
Train to Busan - Korean Zombies on a Train flick, plenty of stereotypes on board, but I enjoyed it.
Arrival - I need to see this again before know what I think of it.
Lunch Hour - Maybe a better idea than execution. The leading man reminded me too much of Alan Partridge.
Into the Forest - Well acted, but the ending was a bit silly.
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - Good action flick, nothing deep.
Don't Breathe - Good suspense flick.

Back