Skip to main content

Celebrity 'Big Brother' UK - Summer 2014

I dont think that's it,he couldnt do all the work he does if he wasnt aware of where he was.I have been getting more and more annoyed by the attitudes of some of the other housemates and I feel a rant coming on so bear with me....

Gary is hard of hearing as I am and have been for most of my life and I feel that people in general are very intolerant,I saw signs of it last season when they had Liz Jones on,she is also hard of hearing.When Gary asked James to stand up he was most likely asking him to do so so he could be at face level with him,I know I need to be face to face with people in order to hear them because you read their faces,lips etc to see what they are saying.

When he snaps his fingers he is most likely doing that to get their attention because they are looking away while talking to them,I know I have to either touch a person on the arm to get them to face me because if you look away when speaking to me I just will not hear you.He probably cannot go around touching people especially woman because in his public life he would be accused of being inappropriate,a woman would probably get away with it.

At night he most likely takes out his hearing aids,because you dont sleep with them in,your ears need time to air out otherwise they end up causing you to get ear infections from all of the moisture,I have stopped wearing mine altogether and manage to cope without them.This goes to show you just how loud and obnoxious the other housemates are being in the bedroom if it disturbs a hard of hearing person.Also why do they have to do that? Cant they take the party to the garden or the lounge..it's just plain inconsiderate and rude.

Another point is how does he hear Big brother,I know I couldn't and last season I noticed that Liz Jones looked puzzled all the time,so most likely he has to ask people all the time what did he say and it irritates them.I know this from experience when I am out in a group of people I cannot hear anything,you sit there like a lost lamb and might as well have stayed home.When I go out and hubby is not with me so I can ask him to tell me what people said because believe me even if you tell people,they still will look away,yell at you from opposite side of room,talk to you from behind and then get mad at you because YOU were being rude,meanwhile you didn't hear them.

Finally it seems to be to me that younger people just do not show respect to their elders anymore, it's common courtesy and it reflects your upbringing,yes I know respect is earned but common decency,courtesy and manners well it seems people just don't do it anymore..I wouldn't dream of talking to my elders the way the young men and women do these days

Thanks for sharing your story Lindsay, glad things are working out better for you now. How good is BB for highlighting various social or health issues and generating discussion, and in the process, awareness!!!

Last year in BBUK, Sam had hearing problems but he had a mate in the house who not only spoke really clearly to him but would also tell him what the others were saying (mainly needed in group situations) so that Sam wouldn't miss out. Of course by the time something was explained, the conversation had moved on so Sam couldn't respond anyway, and the other HMs generally didn't change the way they communicated to make sure he was included. When his friend left, Sam was a bit lost, although a couple of them did try a bit harder then.

But his hearing problems cut him out of storylines, which reduced his airtime, so a lot of people found him boring, when in fact he was a cheeky, funny lad. For example, he wouldn't get to hear all the gossip about what the other HMs were doing and thinking, so he couldn't participate in many of the ongoing storylines. Gary is more abrasive so he will still get his airtime, but like Sam, he probably won't get to showcase his natural self because unfortunately partial deafness obviously changes how someone can present themselves.

I was glad BB spoke to James, and the advice was very well put, IMO. And James was the right person to say it to because he was a culprit, but is prepared to take things on board and show some level of reasonableness.

It was sad when the HMs were laughing at Gary over the bed prank the other night. He woke up to people laughing at him, which can't be nice, especially considering that he has been saying in the DR that he is really enjoying himself. People making fun of you has got to take off the shine, and then all the arguments he has been in, where the main topic is pointing out Gary's personal flaws.

I feel a bit sorry for him. Although as we all know, public sympathy rarely hurts anyone's longevity in the house, so maybe he'll have the last laugh.

And Leslie has been so mean. All those years of living alone appear to have done nothing for his tolerance.

Well Holee Sheeeet things are kicking off. Celeb BB is so much better and more melodramatic than the civi one. With Frenchy and Leslie going at it i don't know if I'm watching BB or Bad Girls Club.

I think if this series does just as well as the last CBB, channel 5 will probablly cancel the regular series and just stick with doing celebrities.

I think if this series does just as well as the last CBB, channel 5 will probablly cancel the regular series and just stick with doing celebrities.

I think that's doubtful... BB takes up so much of Channel 5's current schedule that they'd struggle to find another show to fill the gap...

Gary is a twat... He's using his disability as a means of making excuses for his shitty behavior... He essentially demands respect from others but is not willing to look at how his own behavior is being perceived by others as rude and ignorant... A poor casting choice by the producers the guy is completely out of his element and lives in his own little world... I see no other reason to feel sorry for him...

Wow, 2014 looks like it's gonna be a killer year for CBB (not so much for the civilian series but anyways). I heard somewhere it's a Vote to Evict though for this CBB? With all the drama that's going on right now it probably means Frenchy's gonna be the first to leave with all the other big characters following her straight after. Not really happy about that.

James is my favourite at the moment but whenever I watch BB I try not to have too much of an opinion cause idk I just think it's unfair to have a strong opinion on someone when you only see 40 minutes of a day.

Gary is a twat... He's using his disability as a means of making excuses for his shitty behavior... He essentially demands respect from others but is not willing to look at how his own behavior is being perceived by others as rude and ignorant... A poor casting choice by the producers the guy is completely out of his element and lives in his own little world... I see no other reason to feel sorry for him...
Hah. I rarely agree with you, but this is basically my opinion also.
Sure he is hard of hearing, however in the US or in the UK -- his way of asking people to repeat themselves is inappropriate. I think Leslie was a bit OTT saying he was an old has-been but I understand why he was angered by the way Gary told him not to laugh when he is talking. All Gary needed to say was, sorry I didn't catch that, Bicurious case of what?

Hah. I rarely agree with you, but this is basically my opinion also.
Sure he is hard of hearing, however in the US or in the UK -- his way of asking people to repeat themselves is inappropriate. I think Leslie was a bit OTT saying he was an old has-been but I understand why he was angered by the way Gary told him not to laugh when he is talking. All Gary needed to say was, sorry I didn't catch that, Bicurious case of what?

...I agree that Gary's way of talking to people leaves so much to be desired... as Kingston says... he's a twat... but out of all the guys... he's probably the most likable twat to me other than George... George is really growing on me now... on the first poll that 'Telemix' had... Leslie was way out in front to win this... all the housemates were hating on Gary for I guess... some really good reasons... but as I said earlier...

...it is so wrong on how they are treating him... I'm glad that they are doing it though... the British public will be ruthless with Leslie and the others that are doing it to him... Gary will go a long way because they are doing just that to him!... so yeah meat head's bimbo's and little hobbit... keep doing what you are doing... Gary is on a learning curve and is open to improve himself while in the house... with an innocent agenda like that he can't go wrong!... go Gary Busey!... cheers.

...the british public will back someone that is being picked on... here is the latest poll showing that Leslie has now gone from way out in front on first down to 4th place already!... Gary went from about 5th or 6th place straight up to the #1 spot!...

2014-08-23_14-25-40.jpg

...it's only early days in that poll because it was only started this morning but usually it'll just shoot out a lot wider as it progresses... I think that the British public are fed up with an angry Big Brother house because of the last series and want to see a fun show with laughs and no bullying so the not-so-nice bullying types should stop it or face the dire consequences of being evicted out quick smart methinks!...

... it seems to me that BBUK were worried that Leslie could possibly have been evicted out this first week due to his horrid behaviour towards Gary... at least putting him up as 'most entertaining housemate' because he was voted in by the public... (excuse my cynical chuckle)... at least it assured them that he won't be going in the first week!... (aw come on!... of course it's not rigged!... <<<<<------ another cynical chuckle just filtered out)...

...I'm just about to watch today's show... I hope that it's a good one... cheers.

lol you like a good 'voting' conspiracy theory don't you @Mr Stickyfingers ?

I hope both Leslie and Gary stay in for a while.

In the end I was glad Helen won the civilian series as she certainly provided entertainment. Whether that was love or hate.

...hahaha!... true that bleachy... I do because to me... that is probably the only source of information that we get that hasn't had been tampered with... whenever you go onto any website that has a poll... it doesn't matter whether the website that you're reading it on is biased to one housemate or the other... a poll is usually the only true indication of what the British public are really thinking in my mind's eye...

...so yeah... I do love the polls... I may even be a 'polloholic!:wideyed:;):biggrin:... cheers.:)

Thanks for sharing your story Lindsay, glad things are working out better for you now. How good is BB for highlighting various social or health issues and generating discussion, and in the process, awareness!!!

Last year in BBUK, Sam had hearing problems but he had a mate in the house who not only spoke really clearly to him but would also tell him what the others were saying (mainly needed in group situations) so that Sam wouldn't miss out. Of course by the time something was explained, the conversation had moved on so Sam couldn't respond anyway, and the other HMs generally didn't change the way they communicated to make sure he was included. When his friend left, Sam was a bit lost, although a couple of them did try a bit harder then.

But his hearing problems cut him out of storylines, which reduced his airtime, so a lot of people found him boring, when in fact he was a cheeky, funny lad. For example, he wouldn't get to hear all the gossip about what the other HMs were doing and thinking, so he couldn't participate in many of the ongoing storylines. Gary is more abrasive so he will still get his airtime, but like Sam, he probably won't get to showcase his natural self because unfortunately partial deafness obviously changes how someone can present themselves.

I was glad BB spoke to James, and the advice was very well put, IMO. And James was the right person to say it to because he was a culprit, but is prepared to take things on board and show some level of reasonableness.

Thanks Nutmeg.I wish they would do a task where they make a few of the housemates deaf,a few blind,put some in a wheelchair etc and ask them to live for a few days like that..walk a mile in a disabled persons shoes.I know personally my gran has to use a wheelchair and I have been on shopping trips with my mom you wont believe how people act.Now when I go out and I see someone in a chair I get out of the way,hold the lift open and stuff like that.Plus I am grateful that my limitations are what they are because believe me there are people out there with worse problems

Wow Frenchie is such a Diva! They all seem to suffer from inflated egos perhaps except George and Lauren.

..."did I have a hissy fit or did I dream it?"... asks Leslie as he wakes up...
..." you had a disgusting hissy fit you horrid pretentious egotesticle twat!"... responds Sticky!...

...what a cop out!... you open your stupid mouth and say nasty horrible things and you think that you can just shrug off peoples hurt feelings with a flippant remark like that?... it doesn't work like that sunshine!... it doesn't matter if you were drunk or high or whatever... you said nasty things you horrid little hobbit!... people saying pathetic flippant little remarks like that after the damage is done is just a terrible way of getting them off the hook in regards to the damage that they have done... there's no excuse in my opinion!... that really burns me up!...

..."this is now my bed!"... declares Leslie to Frenchy... obviously it's 'tough titties' Frenchy... you'll have to find another place to sleep' in other words... yeah... you're a real nice piece of work aren't you Leslie?...

...David talking to Gary and asking him what his all time favourite movie is?... Gary says that he will tell him his 5 top movies of all time... he thinks for 2 seconds and rattles off 4 movies including the stars of some of them straight off the top of his head without so much of a blink!... he never actually named 5 movies but he thought that he had lol!... there is a beautiful mind ticking over inside Gary's head there!...

...the other housemates finally asked Gary about who he liked the most in all of the movies that he has been in... again without thinking he rattles off over half a dozen names without blinking... he does have a sharp mind for sure... the thing is he's a tad bit slow in responding to general conversation... his chat in the Diary Room was pretty sad for me... even though he is being hurt by the way Leslie is carrying on he forgives him anyway and says that he just wants to enjoy his time in the house... his gentle soul shines through all the time regardless...

...when Leslie finally has a pang of guilt hit him he 'apologises' to Gary for his outbursts which Gary readily accepts with kindness and then Leslie goes back over to his cohorts and glibly says... "he don't get it!"... and laughs at Gary yet again!... what a little insincere twat he is!...

...I'm so liking Dee... she's got a good head on her shoulders that girl!...

...I really do not like Stephanie Pratt at all... she just did not want Gary to have one of those sausages that she was cooking... she told Gary that there wasn't enough and even though Leslie said that there was enough she still refused to let him have one just because she doesn't like Gary at all... even so... Gary was gracious enough to say that he was happy not to have one so that somebody more hungry can have it instead... Stephanie you are a wicked bitch as far as I'm concerned!... enough said about that awful woman...

...Kellie and Frenchy's little blue was a show of Kellie standing up for herself... she's finally getting a bit more self confidence as the new person that she is... it's good to see...

...George is a great little shit-stirrer isn't he?... (apparently because he's gone into the BBUK house on Channel 5 he has lost his job on 'Googlebox' on Channel 4)... on this link below...

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/bi...-uk-george-gilbey-gets-the-gogglebox-axe.html

...hang in there Kellie... you'll be right... it's good to see people showing some concern for her... good on Lauren and Dee... (plus a couple of the Brutus beefcakes)... a good talk Dee... well done!... well done Lauren too for being there at the right time...

...Leslie won the power... (well done BBUK... a pity that the public didn't have much of a chance to choose who it was isn't it?... <<<-----sarcastic remark by me right there folks!)... it was always going to be Frenchy and Gary to be up for the 'scrap heap' with Leslie picking the 2 housemates wasn't it?...

...usually whoever gets the power is out in the next week or two... I can only hope that happens to Leslie... calling Frenchy a..."stinking French slut" is inexcusable!... what a disgusting man!...

...now to watch BOTS... cheers.

Totally agree with all of that! And yes, Gary rattling off those movies was actuaolly very impressive. I still don't like him though. I can understand that Lesliehobbit's sleep deprivation has sent him off the deep end. Sometimes I lose it as well, when I come to the end of my tether. Not a good look!

Sorry but King Gary is just dominating! I love him so much! He makes me laugh! Also I love how he is always calm when he talks and everyone else gets so annoyed and angry quickly when they get into a heated argument with him.

...Emma had a good point about chivalry... for once I agreed with her... it would've been nice for one of the younger ones offer to take Gary's spot outside... but... in saying that... it still is a game...

...the phone-in listener 'Jackie' said a glowing report about Dee that I totally agreed with... a great call!... "Franco's call was great too... I really enjoyed listening to what they both said... that 'Manny' idiot was a waste of airtime... why the hell did they allow him on there?...

...the celebrity jokes?... George's was quite funny...

...apparently James had offered to take Gary's place on sleeping outside... all credit to him for that... I think that isolating Gary and frenchy... (or any other housemates for that matter)... is such a meaningless waste of time... what's it supposed to do to them?... humiliate them?... demoralise them?... teach them some sort of 'lesson'?... it is such boring television... yet they still do it!... it's ridiculous in my opinion...

...if they were put there by the public as some sort of 'payback lesson' then there is a point to it... but because a housemate puts them there because he dislikes them... then there is no point whatsoever in it... if they they are just sitting there then they're not part of the entertainment are they?...

...I wasn't overly impressed with tonight's BOTS to be honest... but I suppose that BOTS is just an added extra show to be savoured for what it is... an extra bit of the experience of celebBB... so I shouldn't be too harsh on it should I?... lol!... cheers.

Back