Skip to main content

Celebrity 'Big Brother' UK - Summer 2014

...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:... you know what mutleyp... you're probably bang on the mark there my friend!... lol!... cheers.

I dont think that's it,he couldnt do all the work he does if he wasnt aware of where he was.I have been getting more and more annoyed by the attitudes of some of the other housemates and I feel a rant coming on so bear with me....

Gary is hard of hearing as I am and have been for most of my life and I feel that people in general are very intolerant,I saw signs of it last season when they had Liz Jones on,she is also hard of hearing.When Gary asked James to stand up he was most likely asking him to do so so he could be at face level with him,I know I need to be face to face with people in order to hear them because you read their faces,lips etc to see what they are saying.

When he snaps his fingers he is most likely doing that to get their attention because they are looking away while talking to them,I know I have to either touch a person on the arm to get them to face me because if you look away when speaking to me I just will not hear you.He probably cannot go around touching people especially woman because in his public life he would be accused of being inappropriate,a woman would probably get away with it.

At night he most likely takes out his hearing aids,because you dont sleep with them in,your ears need time to air out otherwise they end up causing you to get ear infections from all of the moisture,I have stopped wearing mine altogether and manage to cope without them.This goes to show you just how loud and obnoxious the other housemates are being in the bedroom if it disturbs a hard of hearing person.Also why do they have to do that? Cant they take the party to the garden or the lounge..it's just plain inconsiderate and rude.

Another point is how does he hear Big brother,I know I couldn't and last season I noticed that Liz Jones looked puzzled all the time,so most likely he has to ask people all the time what did he say and it irritates them.I know this from experience when I am out in a group of people I cannot hear anything,you sit there like a lost lamb and might as well have stayed home.When I go out and hubby is not with me so I can ask him to tell me what people said because believe me even if you tell people,they still will look away,yell at you from opposite side of room,talk to you from behind and then get mad at you because YOU were being rude,meanwhile you didn't hear them.

Finally it seems to be to me that younger people just do not show respect to their elders anymore, it's common courtesy and it reflects your upbringing,yes I know respect is earned but common decency,courtesy and manners well it seems people just don't do it anymore..I wouldn't dream of talking to my elders the way the young men and women do these days

...thanks to my good friend Lindsay for pointing out to me that I had posted this in the other BBUK thread by mistake before... (probably because I had a 'senior moment' I guess!)... lol!... (how embarrassing)... tee hee!... anyhow... time to turn on my rant mode... here goes...

...I so went off Leslie today where he was slagging off about Gary to the other housemates so as to make himself more 'in' with the other housemates... I'm really disappointed in Leslie... he's no better that some of the housemates in the recent series... I do see that James is very aware of how he talks to Gary... credit to him for that but even he slips in a dig at Gary too... but the nasty way that Leslie did it was just wrong though in my opinion...

...I loved watching Gary doing that toothpaste Ad again... what a trooper!... wasabe... Jellied eels... hot curry... he treked through it with great spirit regardless... and yet he lost!... (most likely because Leslie doesn't like him full stop... Gary's competition to win it perhaps?... methinks so!)...

...it hasn't taken long for Leslie to lose that 'cute and cuddly' shine hasn't it?... telling Frenchy to 'shut her mouth' was just soooo wrong!... what a bullying little turd he is!... and saying every few minutes about housemates that shit him off... 'they've gotta go!'...

...I don't think that he will be in the house too long with such prima donna behaviour... a drama queen from Hollywood shoving himself around will never be taken seriously by either the housemates or the public... what a silly little man!... I so liked him too to start with...

...even on BOTS Emma and the audience and panelists didn't like Leslie's actions either... at least Gary got a good wrap by them taking into consideration Gary's hearing impediment with his lack of communication skills with the housemates... (although to be honest... Gary's abrupt manner of talking to people sometimes leaves a bit to be desired)...

...Frenchy is so eager to please people so much so that she's allowing Leslie to dictate to her when she can and cannot do her facial rituals!... he is already controlling her... he is a pint sized ego maniacal control freak in my opinion... (sorry... I'm really disliking him so much now)...

...Diane Youdale... (Sticky's heart skips a beat)... had some interesting things to say as usual... her glowing appraisal of Gary's toothpaste task was good to hear...

...George reminds me of so many different mates that I've had in my life so I'm beginning to associate with him more and more as I see him...I really liked the panelists on BOTS tonight...

...Leslie treating Gary Busey the way he did at the end of BOTS was bloody totally disgusting!... to talk to ANYONE that way is demeaning and foul!... get that horrid little hobbit out of the house peoples!... how dare he talk to a fellow human being like that!... I think that the UK public will turn on him really quickly... it wouldn't surprise me if Leslie is out first next week... good riddance to bad rubbish if he goes in my eyes!...

...so now... the new update on who I'm happy to win?... either Gary/Dee/Kellie or George to win now!!!!!... cheers

...(again Lindsay... thanks!)...

I dont think that's it,he couldnt do all the work he does if he wasnt aware of where he was.I have been getting more and more annoyed by the attitudes of some of the other housemates and I feel a rant coming on so bear with me....

Gary is hard of hearing as I am and have been for most of my life and I feel that people in general are very intolerant,I saw signs of it last season when they had Liz Jones on,she is also hard of hearing.When Gary asked James to stand up he was most likely asking him to do so so he could be at face level with him,I know I need to be face to face with people in order to hear them because you read their faces,lips etc to see what they are saying.

When he snaps his fingers he is most likely doing that to get their attention because they are looking away while talking to them,I know I have to either touch a person on the arm to get them to face me because if you look away when speaking to me I just will not hear you.He probably cannot go around touching people especially woman because in his public life he would be accused of being inappropriate,a woman would probably get away with it.

At night he most likely takes out his hearing aids,because you dont sleep with them in,your ears need time to air out otherwise they end up causing you to get ear infections from all of the moisture,I have stopped wearing mine altogether and manage to cope without them.This goes to show you just how loud and obnoxious the other housemates are being in the bedroom if it disturbs a hard of hearing person.Also why do they have to do that? Cant they take the party to the garden or the lounge..it's just plain inconsiderate and rude.

Another point is how does he hear Big brother,I know I couldn't and last season I noticed that Liz Jones looked puzzled all the time,so most likely he has to ask people all the time what did he say and it irritates them.I know this from experience when I am out in a group of people I cannot hear anything,you sit there like a lost lamb and might as well have stayed home.When I go out and hubby is not with me so I can ask him to tell me what people said because believe me even if you tell people,they still will look away,yell at you from opposite side of room,talk to you from behind and then get mad at you because YOU were being rude,meanwhile you didn't hear them.

Finally it seems to be to me that younger people just do not show respect to their elders anymore, it's common courtesy and it reflects your upbringing,yes I know respect is earned but common decency,courtesy and manners well it seems people just don't do it anymore..I wouldn't dream of talking to my elders the way the young men and women do these days

...wow!... I so loved this post Lindsay... I would've given you 10 likes instead of just the 1 for this if I was able to... I know where you are coming from with this because I had a female friend at work for a number of years with the same problem... so many people were so short tempered and rude to her because she was being inconsiderate for being partially deaf!... it was in the 'too hard' basket for people to take the time out to have conversations with her...

...she used to sit on her own in the canteen at morning tea and lunchtimes because nobody had the patience to take the time to have conversations with her... how sad was that?... well... I took the time to sit down and chat with her one day and we became very dear and close friends at the time... she used to thank me for being so 'kind and tolerant'... I wasn't being either... I was just talking to a fellow human being for crying out loud... for some reason or another... because I took the time out to talk to her then slowly others began to... eventually lots of people did... they were all afraid to 'make the first move' until I did it!... how ridiculous was that?...

... she went from a social leper to become one of the funniest people around to be with simply because I started to speak to her?... a strange old world we live in indeed!... anyhow... getting back to celebBB...

I agree a 100% with what you have written about this Lindsay... Gary is a gentle soul... he means no harm... he has good intentions... he's polite and caring... and all of those dickwads in there are so scared that he will be more popular than them with the public!!!... what they are doing to him and the way that they are treating him will mean that those responsible will be going first!... the best thing that the public like to do is to back the underdogs of the world and that is just what those idiots are doing to him... trying to make him the underdog... but Gary's gentle nature crossed with his age of 70 odd will not let them break him... especially that little nasty evil little hobbit Leslie!...

...thanks for sharing that part of yourself with us Lindsay... much appreciated!... I would love for the housemates to be able to read your post... they may even bow their heads in shame for the way that they have treated him... nah!... that's never going to happen... there's too many inflated egos at work in there methinks!... cheers.

My prediction.

Leslie, Gary and Frenchie to go first, second, third, in whatever order.

Followed by David and Audley.

Stephenie could slip by, somewhere in there.

Lauren and Ricci will keep themselves in with a showmance, until it cannot be stood anymore, like Steverly.

Kelly has people at the moment, but needs to not just be a one note kind of thing, where every conversation is about what they are doing. Dee can help there.

Claire for alpha female.

Dee and George are the top contenders for the win.

...hooley dooley... some bold predictions there Winterbourne...I am sort of hoping that Gary lasts until at least halfway through the series to be honest... he's way too entertaining for me!... you could be right about Dee and George being the two top contenders though because the audience on BOTS couldn't stop cooing on about George and Dee... he must be on TV a lot over there methinks!... cheers.

...wow!... I so loved this post Lindsay... I would've given you 10 likes instead of just the 1 for this if I was able to... I know where you are coming from with this because I had a female friend at work for a number of years with the same problem... so many people were so short tempered and rude to her because she was being inconsiderate for being partially deaf!... it was in the 'too hard' basket for people to take the time out to have conversations with her...

...she used to sit on her own in the canteen at morning tea and lunchtimes because nobody had the patience to take the time to have conversations with her... how sad was that?... well... I took the time to sit down and chat with her one day and we became very dear and close friends at the time... she used to thank me for being so 'kind and tolerant'... I wasn't being either... I was just talking to a fellow human being for crying out loud... for some reason or another... because I took the time out to talk to her then slowly others began to... eventually lots of people did... they were all afraid to 'make the first move' until I did it!... how ridiculous was that?...

... she went from a social leper to become one of the funniest people around to be with simply because I started to speak to her?... a strange old world we live in indeed!... anyhow... getting back to celebBB...

I agree a 100% with what you have written about this Lindsay... Gary is a gentle soul... he means no harm... he has good intentions... he's polite and caring... and all of those dickwads in there are so scared that he will be more popular than them with the public!!!... what they are doing to him and the way that they are treating him will mean that those responsible will be going first!... the best thing that the public like to do is to back the underdogs of the world and that is just what those idiots are doing to him... trying to make him the underdog... but Gary's gentle nature crossed with his age of 70 odd will not let them break him... especially that little nasty evil little hobbit Leslie!...

...thanks for sharing that part of yourself with us Lindsay... much appreciated!... I would love for the housemates to be able to read your post... they may even bow their heads in shame for the way that they have treated him... nah!... that's never going to happen... there's too many inflated egos at work in there methinks!... cheers.

It's something I have had my entire life,when I was doing nursing with people you expect to understand..they are nurses and doctors right? Well let me tell you the most uncaring and inconsiderate bunch ever.I used to go home crying every night until hubby said just quit.I do better now that we work from home and I don't have to be in a workplace with other people.I feel for your friend it is the hardest thing to deal with.

It just goes to show celebrities are just real people,they have faults and are just as inconsiderate as us what was it dee called us..commoners

Gary totally won that toothpaste audition.....by miles.
That Convo Kellie had with Claire I was just thinking about it..if she has the surgery and ends up with a male,is she homosexual or if she goes with a woman is she a lesbian.She said she would probably remain alone for the rest of her life,that is so sad that she would because Society puts such pressure and stigma on people,lets all just be humans people

Last edited:

Mr Sticky in that convo in the middle of the show with david is exactly my point...He said I cant hear you,I dont understand you because I cant hear you...then he says what..then david rolls his eyes.....it's not rude he cant hear you idiots

Garry and Kelli have well been worth the money! They're providing so much entertainment.

Garry is so rude. Shouting at people "WHAT" instead of "pardon?" and shoosh instead of "be quiet"

Mr Sticky in that convo in the middle of the show with david is exactly my point...He said I cant hear you,I dont understand you because I cant hear you...then he says what..then david rolls his eyes.....it's not rude he cant hear you idiots

...actually I did notice that too... those so-called celebrities need to start treating Gary with kindness and understanding of Gary's partial deafness otherwise if they continue to keep going the way that they are they may lose whatever fans they have due to their ignorance... and yeah... that's what it was like for my friend at times too... some people can be so ignorant at times... cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1408696656][/DOUBLEPOST]

...actually I did notice that too... those so-called celebrities need to start treating Gary with kindness and understanding of Gary's partial deafness otherwise if they continue to keep going the way that they are they may lose whatever fans they have due to their ignorance... and yeah... that's what it was like for my friend at times too... some people can be so ignorant at times... cheers.

Garry and Kelli have well been worth the money! They're providing so much entertainment.

Garry is so rude. Shouting at people "WHAT" instead of "pardon?" and shoosh instead of "be quiet"

It doesnt matter if you say what,pardon,be quiet,or shoosh is they wont listen or let you talk

...actually I did notice that too... those so-called celebrities need to start treating Gary with kindness and understanding of Gary's partial deafness otherwise if they continue to keep going the way that they are they may lose whatever fans they have due to their ignorance... and yeah... that's what it was like for my friend at times too... some people can be so ignorant at times... cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1408696656][/DOUBLEPOST]

...actually I did notice that too... those so-called celebrities need to start treating Gary with kindness and understanding of Gary's partial deafness otherwise if they continue to keep going the way that they are they may lose whatever fans they have due to their ignorance... and yeah... that's what it was like for my friend at times too... some people can be so ignorant at times... cheers.

Did you see Lesley telling Gary to go away and then calling him a old has-been..I will never watch anything with Lesley in it ever again

I've worked with someone with hearing aides and she's never once shouted at me.

That nastiness was uncalled for from Leslie when Gary asked him to stop laughing and said "I can't hear when you laugh" I did think Leslie was an adorable little old queen. Bit fake I think. Has quite a viscous streak. Everybody seemed to agree Gary is annoying but didn't seem to agree with Leslie being so nasty.

...I think part of Gary's problem is that while he's trying to fathom as to what someone has said through partially hearing some of the conversation... while his brain is filling in the missing words that by the time he's worked out what they have said and goes to respond that they are halfway through the next sentence... it's probably something like trying to decode a message while having a live conversation...

...I agree that Gary comes across as being quite rude with his responses but I think that a lot of that comes from frustration on his part... he feels that he never gets the entirety of what he wants to say out before people stop listening to him because he's taking too long to respond... hence the reason for him probably telling people to 'shoosh' etc because he wants to say his entire thoughts...

...it might partially explain his awkward moment on the catwalk when he was talking to Emma before he entered the house... he must have been told that Emma was going to ask him 3 questions before he went into the house... Emma had asked him 3 questions from memory but two of them sort of milled together with a short pause for a second or so in between them... the next thing was Emma told him that he can go into the house now and he stood there and kept saying... "haven't you got a third question to ask me?... you've got to ask me another question haven't you?"... I don't think that he heard that pause because of the loudness of the crowd...

...everybody thought that he was probably drunk or high... it was merely confusion on his part due to him waiting for the third question and not having heard that pause between the 2 questions... and I think that sadly... that is what's happening in the house too with the housemates... although he's not getting overly angry about it is a credit to him but I feel for the guy... it must be so frustrating for him... but still... in saying all of that... Gary does need to hone his conversational skills a tad to stop him sounding so rude and abrupt...

...he has no animosity towards any of the the other housemates as is evident when he goes to the Diary Room or when he is musing out loud in the garden about how much he is loving being in there... I think that out of all of the housemates Gary along with Kellie and even perhaps Dee are on the biggest voyages of self discovery within the house... I think that the rest of them are there for just the appearance money and are so self absorbed in their own egos that they are merely on holidays and couldn't care less about self awareness and self discovery... just my point of view anyway... cheers.

I've worked with someone with hearing aides and she's never once shouted at me.

That nastiness was uncalled for from Leslie when Gary asked him to stop laughing and said "I can't hear when you laugh" I did think Leslie was an adorable little old queen. Bit fake I think. Has quite a viscous streak. Everybody seemed to agree Gary is annoying but didn't seem to agree with Leslie being so nasty.

...just imagine if it was Leslie with the hearing impediment and not Gary... all of the other housemates would be going... 'aw!... poor Leslie... let's all hug him and look after him!'... whereas because it is big huge Gary Busey the bad guy in 'Lethal Weapon' and he's a vulnerable target now due to a hearing problem it's okay to kick into him now... especially because he's an old guy and past his prime!...

...it is so wrong on how they are treating him... I'm glad that they are doing it though... the British public will be ruthless with Leslie and the others that are doing it to him... Gary will go a long way because they are doing just that to him!... so yeah meat head's bimbo's and little hobbit... keep doing what you are doing... Gary is on a learning curve and is open to improve himself while in the house... with an innocent agenda like that he can't go wrong!... go Gary Busey!... cheers.

Gary might have a hearing issue but he's still a grumpy old jerk. Leslie has also been rude, and I'm disappointed about that, particularly his perfomance in today's ep.

I have to say I love James, just quietly.

Did you see Lesley telling Gary to go away and then calling him a old has-been..I will never watch anything with Lesley in it ever again

...bloody hell!...who the hell does he think he is?... seriously... what a nasty little person he is!... how can Gary be a has-been when he has all of this as I have already shown before below on his plate this year alone!...

Candiland (post-production)
Arnie
2015 Entourage (post-production)
Gary (rumored)
2014 Bikini Model Academy (post-production)
Uncle Seymore (rumored)
2014 DaZe: Vol. Too (sic) - NonSeNse (post-production)
Mr. Morris
2014 Mansion of Blood (completed)
Zacharia
2014 Behaving Badly
Chief Howard D. Lansing
2014 American Dad! (TV Series)
Gary Busey
- She Swill Survive (2014) ... Gary Busey (voice)
2014 Confessions of a Womanizer
Gary

...the whole world knows who Gary Busey is... he's an international Hollywood movie star!... I never knew who Leslie Jordan was until BBUK told us!... I think that because there is a shinier star in the house that the little hobbit can't handle the fact that Gary is more world famous than him and that is what is killing him!... I sure hope that he is evicted out first... it will kill his inflated ego to no end!...

...I think that if BBUK had to make a choice between keeping Gary or Leslie it bye byes Leslie!... Gary would've been paid more than any other housemates to be in the house... they are hardly going to let Gary go until towards the end of the show aren't they?... they will want their money's worth for sure... hang in there Gary!... cheers.

Gary might have a hearing issue but he's still a grumpy old jerk. Leslie has also been rude, and I'm disappointed about that, particularly his perfomance in today's ep.

I have to say I love James, just quietly.

...hahaha!... just quietly eh?... James is okay compared to Leslie... (then again... anyone is lol!)... at least James has cleared up any misconceptions between him and Gary and all credit due to him for that... even though him and Gary have their differences James is still showing some professional courtesy towards him...

...he has also respected Gary's age and compensates Gary 's grumpiness for him being that age... but James really needs to discourage making Gary a target to keep the public liking him... I think that he has seen that he could lose support and is now playing it all down and trying to keep it all on an even keel between them... I still don't shine towards James but I don't dislike him as much as others within the house...

...and you are right... Gary can be a grumpy old jerk when he wants to be for sure... I had a grumpy old uncle like that but he was grumpy because he didn't tolerate fools or bad manners or lack of courtesy in general... but underneath of all of that grumpiness he was a great bloke... I once asked him why he was always so grumpy and he told me that it was because...

..."I'm just a miserable git more than I am a happy git... either way... I'm still a old git!"... (or words very similar)... lol!... I guess some people are just the way that they are eh?... cheers.

...I think part of Gary's problem is that while he's trying to fathom as to what someone has said through partially hearing some of the conversation... while his brain is filling in the missing words that by the time he's worked out what they have said and goes to respond that they are halfway through the next sentence... it's probably something like trying to decode a message while having a live conversation...

...I agree that Gary comes across as being quite rude with his responses but I think that a lot of that comes from frustration on his part... he feels that he never gets the entirety of what he wants to say out before people stop listening to him because he's taking too long to respond... hence the reason for him probably telling people to 'shoosh' etc because he wants to say his entire thoughts...

...it might partially explain his awkward moment on the catwalk when he was talking to Emma before he entered the house... he must have been told that Emma was going to ask him 3 questions before he went into the house... Emma had asked him 3 questions from memory but two of them sort of milled together with a short pause for a second or so in between them... the next thing was Emma told him that he can go into the house now and he stood there and kept saying... "haven't you got a third question to ask me?... you've got to ask me another question haven't you?"... I don't think that he heard that pause because of the loudness of the crowd...

...everybody thought that he was probably drunk or high... it was merely confusion on his part due to him waiting for the third question and not having heard that pause between the 2 questions... and I think that sadly... that is what's happening in the house too with the housemates... although he's not getting overly angry about it is a credit to him but I feel for the guy... it must be so frustrating for him... but still... in saying all of that... Gary does need to hone his conversational skills a tad to stop him sounding so rude and abrupt...

...he has no animosity towards any of the the other housemates as is evident when he goes to the Diary Room or when he is musing out loud in the garden about how much he is loving being in there... I think that out of all of the housemates Gary along with Kellie and even perhaps Dee are on the biggest voyages of self discovery within the house... I think that the rest of them are there for just the appearance money and are so self absorbed in their own egos that they are merely on holidays and couldn't care less about self awareness and self discovery... just my point of view anyway... cheers.

perfectly put Mr sticky this is it in a nutshell

Back