Skip to main content

Episode BBAU2023 - Episode 20 Discussion (Finale)

Who do you want to win

• GracieMae

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Jake

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Dion

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • What do you mean they're not the final 3?

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
…I think that one of the most telling signs on whether a series is going to be a massive flop or not is when after the first 3-4 days the ‘Photoshop’ thread doesn’t start up… I say 3-4 days because of two reasons… we start having access to images of the housemates to work with… and… their personalities and quirkiness gives us the creativity to produce ‘jokes’ at their expense… thereby creating the fun… but the fact that not one of us could be bothered to start the Photoshop thread up really spoke volumes to me on how boring and lacklustre these 20 something clones actually were to work with…

…correct me if I’m wrong… but this is the first time ever that not one of us started it up… as far as I’m concerned that was the death knock for this series… they were bland and boring… no early signs of personality… mere nothings that were still the same all the way through this series… I saw a chance to do one… I was going to do one of the cast of ‘Love Island’ beating the living shit out of the housemates saying… “stop stealing the format of our show you dipshits!”… (or something similar)… but then thought… ‘naaaaah!… why waste my time?… it’s not worth it’…

…when we take the time to create Photoshops it takes up shitloads of our time… this lot just wasn’t worth it in my opinion… I’m not saying that applies to all of us Photoshoppers but quite a lot of us…

…so when the Photoshop thread doesn’t start up… it’s like a litmus paper early instinct type indication that the season will be shit… and as It turned out… it was… it’s a shame really… the guys last year were pure gold to work with… they were quirky and had great personalities (just look at last years Photoshop thread)… I think that this is one of the reasons that I may have been more hostile towards this years nuff nuffs… they lacked EVERYTHING… and that’s probably why I’ve hated this show so much this year… more so than ever before… this year has deprived me of ANY pleasure whatsoever from a show that I once loved so much… and for that… I will never forgive them… the bastards!… cheers.

…I think that one of the most telling signs on whether a series is going to be a massive flop or not is when after the first 3-4 days the ‘Photoshop’ thread doesn’t start up… I say 3-4 days because of two reasons… we start having access to images of the housemates to work with… and… their personalities and quirkiness gives us the creativity to produce ‘jokes’ at their expense… thereby creating the fun… but the fact that not one of us could be bothered to start the Photoshop thread up really spoke volumes to me on how boring and lacklustre these 20 something clones actually were to work with…

finalifaceswap copy.jpg
Yes, you just now got reminded this was a contestant on a past season.

I did the odd edit in the episode threads, but yeah there's not much inspiration for a show like this. You're not so much observing and picking up things that could inspire you. You're just watching a format of people going through tasts. Although I would say the biggest factor is that there's more effort, even though it's easier than ever to do edits with the newer tools.

In the past, there were recaps and daily blogs with photos. We had galleries of the contestants. Now there's nothing. Instagram posts videos. I have an extension that lets me take screenshots on 7play. How many people have that?

There's just way less to work with. If I had an idea in the past I could easily find pictures of housemates. Now I have to basically scraw through random screenshots.

Even now I can quickly just make an edit.

They're not happy with Dion.
diondogtheboys.jpg

Grab a screenshot. Go to my 2014 folder for BB. I had a folder of Dion where during the season I saved pictures from daily blogs ect. Photoshop automatically can select his head. Move it. Resize. Move it into position. Adjust colour. A slight bit of blending and done. It's easy as shit and quick.

For this season, if I wanted to find a picture of someone's head that roughly matched. I just have a folder of endless screen shots. No, I can't be arsed labelling and sorting them all. Why would I bother?

I think in previous channel 7 seasons I posted a bunch of screenshots in the episode threads which people used to do some photoshops, captioning etc. Which helped create material. I didn't think to do that this year. Plus there wasn't much engagement and I didn't want to spam the threads with double posts constantly.

Last edited:
Believe it or not I rewatched this, because I missed quite a bit reading the chat.

When Atari "won", they said "my god it doesn't feel real", "it does not", followed immediately by the HMs pissing themselves laughing at their comments. I think Fluffy was the loudest. Gold. Oh and for clarity I downloaded it from "elsewhere" so as not to add to their ratings.

I managed to not have who won spoiled before watching the finale today.

Overall the episode went soft on the sisters. It focused a lot of the drama and love triangle stuff with Louis and Minnee. They could have easily focused on Ari ditching Jake for Teejay. Brusged over it. Yet a big focus on Bella and Ollie. We always do this accusation but I feel there was bias in how it presented the housemates.

There's just a lot more to turn people off Louis and Minee because they were active contestants in the show. The sisters are nothing housemates and will not be remembered. It proved my theory as stated in other threads that my opinions are always opposite of the voting public.

I don't think the sisters are unlikable or anything, but they're just bland nothing housemates. The only way I can understand people voting for them is as a vote against the other two. Which is stupid because they provided so much content. It's the classic float through the house to a win.

Nice editing to have included Dion praising Josh's loyalty. Not that we even know what that was in regards to.

I find most players talks about getting played are always really shit takes that are wrong. Everyone is in there for themselves.

Not much else to say. The pretending to be live was cringe. No real impact. Terrible winners to the season. Which is usually the case. The playing as a couple also gave them a lead.

As for Taylah, I fully believe she would have won, so getting her out was needed. I wonder if Josh was there instead of the sisters if he'd have won. For also being a housemate you really can't describe beyond saying the name of the person they were hooking up with.

oh hang on juicy gossip TeeJay texted Bella! ... to 'apologise' ah ok.
Of course he is. The guys an absolute player, pretending with his, "That's the old me." Guys like him don't care because they literally have nothing to lose. Always another chick.

If the sisters are influencers and have followers it would have only taken a few of thier followers to vote for them to have them win - I can't imagine there was a lot of voting going on. I would love to see total numbers of votes over the years to see how they compare.

If the sisters are influencers and have followers it would have only taken a few of thier followers to vote for them to have them win - I can't imagine there was a lot of voting going on. I would love to see total numbers of votes over the years to see how they compare.

Louis has roughly 6 times as many followers in Instagram. However that doesn't mean followers care about Big Brother or where they're located in the world.

There's just a lot more to turn people off Louis and Minee because they were active contestants in the show. The sisters are nothing housemates and will not be remembered. It proved my theory as stated in other threads that my opinions are always opposite of the voting public.

I don't think the sisters are unlikable or anything, but they're just bland nothing housemates. The only way I can understand people voting for them is as a vote against the other two. Which is stupid because they provided so much content. It's the classic float through the house to a win.
I saw so many people voting for the sisters to win just because they were bitter he got rid of Taylah. Truly believe that's the reason they won, it was a lose lose situation for Louis

I saw so many people voting for the sisters to win just because they were bitter he got rid of Taylah. Truly believe that's the reason they won, it was a lose lose situation for Louis
That's actually understandable really. Punish them both. Atari slide through for the win, Steven Bradbury style.

Probably. After all, there was one episode where they very clearly left the real Big Brother voice in that the HMs heard. You can hear it say "Teejay".

There was a point they just stopped caring - because at some point we also started seeing shots that revealed how "set-like" rooms were in the house. They've always hidden that stuff quite well in the past.

How exactly does Big Brother make his trademark voice?

I went onto the sister's Tiktok. they have almost 700k subscribers. It's such low-tier shit. Everything I clicked on was a short clip of them done up barely dancing to some music. How is that content?
Their fans certainly didn’t translate to viewers of the show. But here’s the thing with tiktok, Facebook reels etc, as a woman / gentlemen you just need to be good looking and that’s all and the algorithms will do their part as pervy men / women (me included) are likely to play their video through and possibly interact with it. Reels is the worst for that content, I had to start to train the algorithm to stop recommending this kind of trash as it’s not a good look on my feed if Im browsing in front of my partner and seeing 20 something’s prancing for the camera 😂

So I missed the last week being overseas and all, but really enjoyed reading the thread. Ill watch the final when I get back to Oz in the New Year.

Surprised those sisters won, and that the others let them get so far. They obviously have a huge advantage and them coupling up is obviously, to anyone who watches survivor knows, is a threat that you want to neutralize ASAP. And let’s be fair this is all Survivor in a house. How the f* did these numpties let them get to the end?

Prerecorded format annoys me. If 7 really decided to give a live season a shot, I would be far more invested, and honestly would so many more people, but they’d need to tear down the facade and do true big brother. The fact that you could look the top 3 on Sportsbet on week 1 is the dumbest thing in Aussie culture.

Agree with your comments, and it’s a real shame, but 7 has tarnished the brand in Australia for years to come. It’s very hard to get that initial momentum back, looking at where we were when Season 1 of Channel 7’s take opened up on the airwaves

How the f* did these numpties let them get to the end?
Those numpties kept voting out the singles because they didn't want to get offside with the remaining HMs by voting out their supposed partners. Very short shortsighted of them. Would have been better to have teamed up with the singles and started disassembling the couples right from the start.

And as for Sportsbet, yeah that was really idiotic, all of the HMs knew who the F3 were, probably all their friends and families, pus the crew, Sonia etc. No NDA is going to stop them placing bets and, in doing so, making the odds obvious who the F3 would be.

Back