Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting Endemol Shine Australia.

At this stage, there has been no discussion surrounding the revival of Big Brother Au. It is not a project Endemol Shine Australia are looking into at this point in time.

Unfortuantely, we are unaware of the plans of other production companies/ networks regarding a possibloe BBAU revival.

Kind Regards,

Endemol Shine Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small update for anyone still interested. Clearly they rushed the email with the spelling errors haha.

Probably too busy with other things than to reply to an email about a format that has been shelved for almost 3 years.

Call it in, kids. Stop dreaming. We won't know anything until official announcements are made.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting Endemol Shine Australia.

At this stage, there has been no discussion surrounding the revival of Big Brother Au. It is not a project Endemol Shine Australia are looking into at this point in time.

Unfortuantely, we are unaware of the plans of other production companies/ networks regarding a possibloe BBAU revival.

Kind Regards,

Endemol Shine Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small update for anyone still interested. Clearly they rushed the email with the spelling errors haha.
Sounds about right lmao. However it's typical response even if it was being discussed, as it could possibly affect contract deals, under nda or just typical tv industry, networks pull out of inquiries last minute.

Meh. BBAU can stay dead for all I care.

The world has move on from reality TV that had little interference behind the scenes. It's all about creating as much drama and hyping the shit out of it these days, which is why it wasn't overly surprising when Tim revealed in the BBCA house that BB2014 was even more manipulated than we thought.

Plus if it stays dead, then it means Mike Goldman will become even more irrelevant... Heh.

Tim revealed in the BBCA house that BB2014 was even more manipulated than we thought
...like this?

However, I seem to remember reading that David grew that beard specifically so he could shave it off (and therefore "reinvent" himself in order to gain popularity) while he was in the house anyway. In another youtube clip Tim spoke about almost shaving his head in the house, but was talked out of it by BB in the DR. But yeah, I don't think it would have been very hard for Tim to talk David into doing it. Without a live feed it's entirely likely the conversation with David in the HoH room went:

"BB wants me to convince you to shave off your beard"
"Oh, no problem I was going to anyway"
"OK let's just chill in here for a while and make the most of it"

I guess when you strip the show of what made it great you have to resort to anything you can such as manipulation to try and salvage any ratings. Ultimately, it did not appeal to the viewers and it was cancelled.

Back