Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

the ultron plot, and the infinity stones and thanos plot.

Ultron is a good character, but this version was just so non-threatening. At least Loki beat Captain America. Ultron didn't even manage that. I also didn't get why he took on Tony Stark's personality traits. He created him, but there was really no reason for the personality.

For some reason I am not looking forward to Thanos. But, what can they do? You can't put Loki in all of the movies and they don't own their other best villains.

Ultron is a good character, but this version was just so non-threatening. At least Loki beat Captain America. Ultron didn't even manage that. I also didn't get why he took on Tony Stark's personality traits. He created him, but there was really no reason for the personality.

For some reason I am not looking forward to Thanos. But, what can they do? You can't put Loki in all of the movies and they don't own their other best villains.

I think Ultron took on some of Stark's traits due to the tesseract that they used to speed up the process.

I do agree that Thanos has a lot to live up to. Characters have to die, like characters with lines, if he is to be a threat.

I think Ultron took on some of Stark's traits due to the tesseract that they used to speed up the process.

I do agree that Thanos has a lot to live up to. Characters have to die, like characters with lines, if he is to be a threat.

You mean the sceptre and its stone? I don't see how that would connect him to Stark. Even if for some reason it did, Banner was there too and Ultron got none of him.

They do, but I would settle for a maiming and fewer jokes.

You mean the sceptre and its stone? I don't see how that would connect him to Stark. Even if for some reason it did, Banner was there too and Ultron got none of him.

They do, but I would settle for a maiming and fewer jokes.

If Iron Man is in the movie, and he will be, there will probably be at least some jokes.

If Iron Man is in the movie, and he will be, there will probably be at least some jokes.

I'm not saying no jokes. But in a climactic battle, where humanity is literally facing extinction, why are they cracking jokes? Make me believe this is threatening. Put me on the edge of my seat. I know the Avengers will win, but make me suspend my disbelief. Crack jokes when everything is not on the line. Man of Steel had a lot of problems, but at least they treated Zod and the Kryptonians as threats. Same thing with Magneto, in every movie except Last Stand.

I'm not saying no jokes. But in a climactic battle, where humanity is literally facing extinction, why are they cracking jokes? Make me believe this is threatening. Put me on the edge of my seat. I know the Avengers will win, but make me suspend my disbelief. Crack jokes when everything is not on the line. Man of Steel had a lot of problems, but at least they treated Zod and the Kryptonians as threats. Same thing with Magneto, in every movie except Last Stand.

I will be interested to see Captain America: Civil War. Just to see how Iron Man is written.

Its going to be interesting. Civil War was not really subtle about whose side the reader should be on. Iron Man's movie popularity will probably change that.

It will. Was the civil swar about superheroes and like their real identities? I know that spiderman was a part of that comic book storyline, that is why Marvel fought so hard to get him from Sony.

It will. Was the civil swar about superheroes and like their real identities? I know that spiderman was a part of that comic book storyline, that is why Marvel fought so hard to get him from Sony.

Its pretty similar to the storyline in the first X-Men movie. The idea that superhuman's need to be registered with the government so that they know who they are, what the can do and what they are doing. It will be a bit different though, because Marvel film characters have no secret identities (except Spider-Man, now).

Its pretty similar to the storyline in the first X-Men movie. The idea that superhuman's need to be registered with the government so that they know who they are, what the can do and what they are doing. It will be a bit different though, because Marvel film characters have no secret identities (except Spider-Man, now).

Maybe it will be a kind of wikileaks/snowden type thing? How much are we the people willing the Government in our lives to protect us from harm?

Maybe it will be a kind of wikileaks/snowden type thing? How much are we the people willing the Government in our lives to protect us from harm?

Well, they have laid the ground work for Captain America not trusting government organizations (Shield's Hydra weapons, Hydra corruption within Shield) and Iron Man wanting a more protection and control (post New York, Ultron). It will probably hinge on the balance between freedom and protection.

Well, they have laid the ground work for Captain America not trusting government organizations (Shield's Hydra weapons, Hydra corruption within Shield) and Iron Man wanting a more protection and control (post New York, Ultron). It will probably hinge on the balance between freedom and protection.

Yep.

Plus my favourite superhero spiderman!

Those movies don't exist to me. They are nothing.

Apparently Asa Butterfield will be playing spiderman.

Never heard of him, but since they are going back to high school its probably best to cast a kid, rather than a 29 year old man who can't stop stammering. I heard for a while they were considering using the Miles Morales character.

Mad Max: Fury Road

In a word: EPIC

Score: 10/10 at least for its genre.

This is the best action movie I've seen in years if not decades. Right up there with Bad Boys (1st movie), Speed, Collateral, Face/Off etc...

A pulsating edge of your seat ride. You must go see it if you haven't already, you won't be dissapointed.

Mad Max: Fury Road

In a word: EPIC

Score: 10/10 at least for its genre.

This is the best action movie I've seen in years if not decades. Right up there with Bad Boys (1st movie), Speed, Collateral, Face/Off etc...

A pulsating edge of your seat ride. You must go see it if you haven't already, you won't be dissapointed.
Oh sweet you giving it big thumbs up by the sounds of your review above.

This is definitely on my "To see" list as well as "Poltergeist".

Last edited:
Oh sweet you giving it big thumbs up by the sounds of your review above.

This is definitely on my "To see" list as well as "Poltergeist".
It is without question a cinematic Masterpiece Groover. I haven't felt like this since the first movie I went to see in the cinemas a kid.
Watching recycled formulaic bombastic crap had kinda jaded me about blockbusters expecting the same old tired derivative gimmicks again and again but Fury Road has brought back the magic and wonderment that made going to the cinemas an 'event'. I have to say at least 1 more on time the big screen, that's how good it is because I rarely do that for any film.

Back