Skip to main content

Ariana Grande

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a network in NY. She and her mother are both entitled, condescending (insert vile comment of choice here). No one appreciated their attitude. "Humility" and real "compassion" are 2 human emotions NOT part of this diva's daily routine. Her grandmother however was a very nice lady.

More!

How did Madonna revolutionize music?
ok well...

Her fashion, her expression, she gave us visuals of all this in her music videos, she made music more than just music. She took risks and she showed the world to embrace the artist behind the music, she challenged everything from what she wore, how she behaved, she empowered women to embrace their sexual side... the music became about the artist as much as it was about the music. She has lasted as long as she has because she has constantly re invented herself yet maintained her ballsy self. She is also the most influential woman artist of all time, all these singers recognize her as an icon and she didn't get the title of queen for nothing after all.

ok well...

Her fashion, her expression, she gave us visuals of all this in her music videos, she made music more than just music. She took risks and she showed the world to embrace the artist behind the music, she challenged everything from what she wore, how she behaved, she empowered women to embrace their sexual side... the music became about the artist as much as it was about the music. She has lasted as long as she has because she has constantly re invented herself yet maintained her ballsy self. She is also the most influential woman artist of all time, all these singers recognize her as an icon and she didn't get the title of queen for nothing after all.

Yeah, but I'm talking about her music, like her songs. I don't care about the fluff around it like image or whatever.

Madonna is minimal talent, big ambition.

ok well...

MadonnaCriesOprah2.gif

Yeah, but I'm talking about her music, like her songs. I don't care about the fluff around it like image or whatever.

Madonna is minimal talent, big ambition.
you asked how she revolutionized music... that fluff is part of the music industry though, it's expression of that music, art. Her lyrics challenged, and therefore affected the masses.

you asked how she revolutionized music... that fluff is part of the music industry though, it's expression of that music, art. Her lyrics challenged, and therefore affected the masses.

When I was talking about music, I was talking about her music. If I wanted fluff I would have asked you about the fluff.

Lol, Madonna's lyrics are juvenile, weak, and lack any meaning. It is empty.

Madonna, love her or hate her, pushed boundaries (for women) and did what male artists have done for years. Done anything and everything to advance herself and keep herself relevant year after year for decades. My wife likes her music. I grew to like her early stuff because at that time I was into a different genre of music. But you cannot deny her affect on pop culture and the music industry. She survived a very tumultuous marriage to Sean Penn. The cocaine and physical abuse battles during that time almost wrecked her. Yes, now she seems quirky and strange to many. But not enough for so many to flat out despise her. I sure don't. Her time may be done but what she's done in her time cannot be rivaled by many. That's quite an impact wouldn't you say?

Madonna, love her or hate her, pushed boundaries (for women) and did what male artists have done for years. Done anything and everything to advance herself and keep herself relevant year after year for decades. My wife likes her music. I grew to like her early stuff because at that time I was into a different genre of music. But you cannot deny her affect on pop culture and the music industry. She survived a very tumultuous marriage to Sean Penn. The cocaine and physical abuse battles during that time almost wrecked her. Yes, now she seems quirky and strange to many. But not enough for so many to flat out despise her. I sure don't. Her time may be done but what she's done in her time cannot be rivaled by many. That's quite an impact wouldn't you say?

What an intelligent and insightful post. You explained yourself very well and made me appreciate the impact that Madonna has had in music for thirty years.

well at least you were able to make the point I couldn't lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back