Skip to main content

In The News

I think that you and I are definitely from different planets, @Connoisseur. I am completely baffled by your arguments here. I really don't recognize myself, my friends or my colleagues in your descriptions. I've never met a 'gold digger' and I'm not sure what 'promiscuous' means if it's only ever aimed at women. It's interesting, you know, about what women are called. Did you know that female dogs were called 'sluts' in the 19th century because it was considered more seemly than 'bitch'? There are plenty of pejorative terms for women who are sexually active (or who knock back a male overture) but very few for men. Society changes slowly and I hope my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren have greater equality when it comes to enjoying sex. But, *shrugs*, it's only words after all. They might be used to hurt, but they don't have to hit the mark if you know you have done no wrong.

Around 630 Palestinians reported dead, 155 are children. CHILDREN! I don't care about the religious arguments, the Israel state having a right to defend themselves, the Hamas using Palestine people as shields etc. who gives a shit! Just make it stop! This is inhumane and I can't and I really mean this I can't effing believe that nothing is being done. My heart bleeds for the survivors who will forever have their hearts tainted by sorrow and will not see life in all it's beauty. For every argument someone puts across, all I think is what if that was you? These people have seen beauty in life through their children- it's dead to a lot of them now- they may have lived but their emptiness lives on only. Be grateful that we live in a country where we can always have this beauty. Whether that is feeling freedom, having your parents alive and well your children safe in your arms, that the only worry is having your homework in by Friday etc... but how can you not feel enough compassion to not want them to be rescued and experience the same simple joys? I'm not one to care about who is right and wrong in such things, I just want people to have the same chance that I have everyday to feel happiness.

And this puts the silly debate about our first world problems of semantics in it rightful place. Poor, poor Palestine. Thank you, Sweetgeek.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/pale...ry-behind-the-viral-photo-20140721-zv5n1.html

Around 630 Palestinians reported dead, 155 are children. CHILDREN! I don't care about the religious arguments, the Israel state having a right to defend themselves, the Hamas using Palestine people as shields etc. who gives a shit! Just make it stop!

I'm starting to avoid the news it's so utterly desperate, everywhere.
All those little girls being tortured and killed in India, and Africa. Women - so few safe places, and safe places aren't safe either...they will still hunt you here.
That town that doesn't know what to do about that empty house, since the entire family was thrown out of the sky.

Sad, sad, awful, awful horrible world right now.

Boy we need some joy, a great big wonderful happy blessing thing to happen and shed some light on these dark times.

Around 630 Palestinians reported dead, 155 are children. CHILDREN! I don't care about the religious arguments, the Israel state having a right to defend themselves, the Hamas using Palestine people as shields etc. who gives a shit! Just make it stop! This is inhumane and I can't and I really mean this I can't effing believe that nothing is being done. My heart bleeds for the survivors who will forever have their hearts tainted by sorrow and will not see life in all it's beauty. For every argument someone puts across, all I think is what if that was you? These people have seen beauty in life through their children- it's dead to a lot of them now- they may have lived but their emptiness lives on only. Be grateful that we live in a country where we can always have this beauty. Whether that is feeling freedom, having your parents alive and well your children safe in your arms, that the only worry is having your homework in by Friday etc... but how can you not feel enough compassion to not want them to be rescued and experience the same simple joys? I'm not one to care about who is right and wrong in such things, I just want people to have the same chance that I have everyday to feel happiness.

Israel claims they have pin point abilities to strike and not harm children. Which is an utter lie.

Hence how they blow up children outside playing. Shoot hospitals and so forth. During the 2009 Gaza culling they told a bunch of people including mainly children to evacuate to school where they promptly blew it up.

The human shields argument is a bit fallacious. Look at gaza from the sky in google maps and let me know how the resistance is meant to fight with out being near civilians. For all the Israel has a right to defend themselves, the argument doesn't extend to the Palestinians having a right.

The problem I see is that those that support Israel don't give a shit about the children or innocent lives. It's all the blame game. Everyone elses fault except those doing the heavy bombing.

The worst part is, people in Gaza have no future. Every few years they get bombed to shit. They live under siege in an open air prison constantly running out of resources. They have no future. They have no future because their home was stolen and they were forced into a prison.

Israel Bombs Gaza’s Only Power Plant as Toll Nears 650

Israel continues to bombard the Gaza Strip amidst talks over a ceasefire. Israeli military attacks today include the bombing of Gaza’s sole power plant and the heavy shelling of Khan Younis, killing six people and leaving at least 20 wounded. The Palestinian death toll is near 650, including more than 160 children. More than 4,000 have been wounded. According to Gaza officials, 475 houses have been totally destroyed, and more than 2,600 homes have been partially damaged. Israel has also struck 46 schools, 56 mosques and seven hospitals. Meanwhile, two more Israeli soldiers have been killed, bringing the Israeli military death toll inside Gaza to 29. A farm worker from Thailand also died inside Israel after being hit by rocket fire from Gaza.

(Source: http://www.democracynow.org/2014/7/23/headlines)

I think that you and I are definitely from different planets, @Connoisseur. I am completely baffled by your arguments here. I really don't recognize myself, my friends or my colleagues in your descriptions. I've never met a 'gold digger' and I'm not sure what 'promiscuous' means if it's only ever aimed at women. It's interesting, you know, about what women are called. Did you know that female dogs were called 'sluts' in the 19th century because it was considered more seemly than 'bitch'? There are plenty of pejorative terms for women who are sexually active (or who knock back a male overture) but very few for men. Society changes slowly and I hope my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren have greater equality when it comes to enjoying sex. But, *shrugs*, it's only words after all. They might be used to hurt, but they don't have to hit the mark if you know you have done no wrong.

I think that you and I are definitely from different planets, @Connoisseur. I am completely baffled by your arguments here

I wasn't trying to imply that you or every male and female on this planet fits the behaviour that I've described, many (myself included) rise above it. :)

But there's overwhelming evidence across all social classes that it is incredibly common. You've honestly never witnessed this?

I wasn't trying to imply that you or every male and female on this planet fits the behaviour that I've described, many (myself included) rise above it. :)

But there's overwhelming evidence across all social classes that it is incredibly common. You've honestly never witnessed this?

Cross my heart and hope never to die! ;)

Honestly, though, I've never known a woman who slanders another because she's afraid of losing her man. Having said that, everyone gossips to some extent, but not everyone uses pejorative labels.

I admit I have called another girl a slut in an argument back in the days, not because she was, but like jam stated, has more of a hit than calling a girl a bitch. I don't use the word slut anymore tbh. It's weird hearing that word now.

Tbh isn't rich and well hung what we all want? :p

along with a boob job paid for by the tax payer while you're busy being drunken assaulter of a superior officer while on your way to be drummed out of the defense force and cut off from your source of public funds for being a "malingerer" ?

regarDS

news we won't read today is ...

that Egypt has torn down the wall between themselves and their folk in Gaza.

that the folk in Gaza have used funds given to them to build bomb shelters for their women and children instead of tunnels for their terrorist army into Israel.

that the descendants of Ismael have started to love their own children more than they hate the descendants of Isaac.

that, in terms of the actual gender and age demographic in Gaza and all the efforts of the Gazans to put women and children in harms way while also trying to inflict harm upon innocents in Israel, Israel has actually done a pretty good job at avoiding harming women and children. That, all things considered, if things were actually as indiscriminate and heartless as left-ardian media wants us to believe, then the ratio of fatalities should be far different than it actually is.

etc, etc.

regarDS

along with a boob job paid for by the tax payer while you're busy being drunken assaulter of a superior officer while on your way to be drummed out of the defense force and cut off from your source of public funds for being a "malingerer" ?

regarDS

88433-MRW-someone-comments-on-my-com-D2mP.gif

Say what? You've lost me.

An aww news item...

Teen discovers he can compete against his father's GHOST in Xbox racing game they used to play before his dad's death 10 years ago

• YouTube user 00WARTHERAPY00 lost his father aged 6
  • 10 years later he discovered he could play against his father in a racing video game
  • The Xbox game 'Rally Sports Challenge' records a user's highest scoring race and other users can play against the winning car to try and beat it
  • Since 00WARTHERAY00's father was the last one to win, the YouTube user can play against his dad's 'ghost' as long as he doesn't beat his score

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-racing-game-played-just-6.html#ixzz38S1vLgz8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

say what? You've lost me.

What ? Surely you're not the kind to simply take in lollipop advertising laden so called "news" without actually scanning about for alternative sources in order to find out the Real Story by tempering it with historical data and all that ?

For example, even just a quick trip to the font of munted and perverted knowledge, IE, "wikipedia", one can find in a mere click of a mouse button and a glance the following "tit bits" about Senator Lambie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqui_Lambie

She achieved the rank of corporal but at one point was charged and reduced in rank after assaulting a fellow soldier while intoxicated

had a breast reduction procedure paid for by the military

the department had deemed that she was a malingerer and ceased paying her military pension

Obviously that is the Palmer Sanitized version.

To be fair though, this spins it a bit more in her favour though: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/the-underdog-bites-back-20140414-36m7y.html

Also in her favour is her stance re: folk of the same gendered flesh trying to pervert our Creator's objectively delivered truth and reality re: "marriage".

regarDS

What ? Surely you're not the kind to simply take in lollipop advertising laden so called "news" without actually scanning about for alternative sources in order to find out the Real Story by tempering it with historical data and all that ?

For example, even just a quick trip to the font of munted and perverted knowledge, IE, "wikipedia", one can find in a mere click of a mouse button and a glance the following "tit bits" about Senator Lambie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqui_Lambie

She achieved the rank of corporal but at one point was charged and reduced in rank after assaulting a fellow soldier while intoxicated

had a breast reduction procedure paid for by the military

the department had deemed that she was a malingerer and ceased paying her military pension

Obviously that is the Palmer Sanitized version.

To be fair though, this spins it a bit more in her favour though: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/the-underdog-bites-back-20140414-36m7y.html

Also in her favour is her stance re: folk of the same gendered flesh trying to pervert our Creator's objectively delivered truth and reality re: "marriage".

regarDS

I get ya now! You were talking about that PUP chick. Here I was thinking you were listing your perfect partner wish list. :p

@Jam, @Connoisseur , @Sweetgeek

And anyone else interested pertinent to earlier sex & morals discussion generated by Lambie, etc.
This is on very soon -

Sex: An Unnatural History

'Revolution'

SBS 2, 9:20pm, Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 30 minutes

REPEAT

The last 50 years have seen a dramatic shift in human sexuality. With sex becoming less about procreation and more about gratification, this provocative and playful six-part series questions the danger of humans becoming ‘unnatural' sexual beings. Joining series host Julia Zemiro are philosophers, anthropologists, scientists, nudists, historians, linguists, authors, journalists and ordinary Australians to contribute their thoughts and expert advice on the world of sex.

Julia Zemiro

Series, Australia, English, Documentary

Reactions: Jam
Back