Skip to main content

Xavier is onto the sham marriage!

pawlini

I've got the power
Did anyone else notice how happy he was in the diary room after the dinner conversation where Big Brother spoke to Jade in Italian? Saying how funny it was. I think he knows Italian but didnt tell anyone. Will he blow it for them?

I kept thinking to myself, "I really hope one of the housemates knows Italian and didn't mention it to the production team" because I think that would serve them right for even doing something so pointless in the first place.

I kept thinking to myself, "I really hope one of the housemates knows Italian and didn't mention it to the production team" because I think that would serve them right for even doing something so pointless in the first place.

Italian is close to a few other languages so perhaps he picked up on a few words and not the complete conversation... BTW this marriage thing is such a silly twist... It didn't work in BBUK and it's not really working here...

I loved it when BB spoke to Jade in Italian, but then once I seen what was said I thought BB was taking a big risk in talking about the sham marriage as all it would take is for one contestant to have a small amount of knowledge with the Italian language to get the gist of what was said.

I'm not sure what's involved in the process of being selected as a HM but perhaps if a potential hm wasn't fluent in a language, it may not have been revealed that they were familiar with a language.

Have to wonder if the translation we were shown was exactly what was said.....I got gelato and Grazie??...lol...

I still think they will get away with the SHAM Marriage

I thought the exact same thing. I bet he knows something is up, he really did look like he understood something. He looks like he could have a bit of spanish in him maybe? portuguese? If he does then he would have picked up some words for sure, I did.
Anyone know his surname?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLusc9lh8vc
his brothers also look like they have a bit of spanish in them.

and didnt one of the housmates say they went to Rome for a concert?

Last edited:
He did seem very pleased with himself ....he had that look/sparkle in his eye that little boys get when they know a secret. I'm sure he has a clue

Last edited by a moderator:
Italian is close to a few other languages so perhaps he picked up on a few words and not the complete conversation... BTW this marriage thing is such a silly twist... It didn't work in BBUK and it's not really working here...

It's not BBAU without them trying to create a relationship, however silly the way they go about it is.

So was the rule if any hm went to BB and stated that they think the marriage is fake that Drew/Jade would fail the task.....and if so what if Xavier went in and said just that and BB questioned him about his reasoning and he gave it up that he understood what was said to Jade by BB speaking Italian to her.....Surely then it wouldn't be considered a fail because it was BB himself that let the cat out of the bag.

Then BB should be confined in the punishment room to do some menial task.....oh I don't think is one this year....shame

Does anyone else think that Jade and Drew are really married? What if we the audience are the ones who are being tricked? Now that would be a twist!

Does anyone else think that Jade and Drew are really married? What if we the audience are the ones who are being tricked? Now that would be a twist!

I did cross my mind....they seem so comfortable together...and how did they know those "knowing your bestie" questions, did BB give them the heads up??...funnily enough I can barely remember my own mobile no. .... I know my partners no. only because he has had the same no. for years....

I think even if Xavier does know he wont spoil it because then he will be hated by everyone on the outside for ruining it and getting 2 HM that are liked kicked out. I reckon Xavier knows how to play the game.

I too thought it was unusual that Drew knew Jades's mobile number. I would think that would be a very unlikely thing to discuss in the house. Even if Drew did study her number how likely is it that he would remember it?

I am becoming more and more convinced that they are a real couple!

I haven't known anybody's number for about 10 years now. People are entries in an address widget. The fact that he knew the digits indicates to me that they were coached on the questions.

I think you're overthinking it. I just think the questions were chosen based on conversations BB knew the HMs had had. He is omniscient, after all. :D

Mmmmm, nah, don't think so to be honest with you - BB was speaking pretty quickly, even Jade found it hard to follow.

So was the rule if any hm went to BB and stated that they think the marriage is fake that Drew/Jade would fail the task.....and if so what if Xavier went in and said just that and BB questioned him about his reasoning and he gave it up that he understood what was said to Jade by BB speaking Italian to her.....Surely then it wouldn't be considered a fail because it was BB himself that let the cat out of the bag.

Then BB should be confined in the punishment room to do some menial task.....oh I don't think is one this year....shame

Why have a punishment room when there is already two sides to the house??? Just send the trouble makers to the half way house...

That being said even if Xavier was on to the fake relationship, I'd personally be a bit skeptical about saying anything... You never know what tricks BB has up his sleeve and what the end result of the task might be... For all he knows the whole house might be rewarded should they pass...

That being said BB seems to be a little harsh on this one given the fact that it only takes one shot to fail... It should be a majority decision that determines the pass/fail... I mean at the end of the day the other 9 HM's could be all falling for it... It's silly that their fate lies in the hands of 1 person...

Last edited:
I'm sure Jade and Drew would have known the questions that were going to be asked. There's no way Drew could have remembered it if they'd spoken about it.

Italian and Spanish share very similar phonetic sounds but the grammar and common day to day words are significantly different, portuguese even less so as it is a very nasally sounding language.

I understand spanish fairly fluently and couldn't pick up much of what the BB voice said tbh. Not that I'm expert or anything but Jade sounded fairly fluent in Italian whereas the bb voice sounded like someone with a very thick english influenced accent.

Back