Skip to main content

Would you still watch Big Brother if this site didn't exist?

Would you still watch Big Brother if this site didn't exist?

• Yes

• Probably

• Probably not

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly, I would. I'd watch this show at its absolute worst (right now?) the idea of having the show air and not watching it is something I can't comprehend myself even doing. This forum generates a lot more excitement than I would have naturally though. Having this site makes the show feel more like an event to what is physically possible and all of my friends have given up on the show so there is no where else to go to.

I loved the rewatch thread, it excited me to see so many people comment in there along with me. I probably should use the generic threads more. Without a TV show to watch for a long while I don't see myself posting here until Survivor starts again. I have checked this site religiously every day for almost a decade now. I wish I had known about here long before hand (Or that I was just older in the 2000s) to experience watching Big Brother live with you all.

Yes I loved that thread! It’s probably what kept me consistently coming back to this site and although the new season didn’t draw me in in the end it definitely helped build up significant interest for me.

Yes I loved that thread! It’s probably what kept me consistently coming back to this site and although the new season didn’t draw me in in the end it definitely helped build up significant interest for me.
In retrospect the rewatch was highly unnecessary, but I’m glad I still did it. I don’t have many people to discuss big brother with the way I want to, this forum offers me that. So without this forum I’d honestly lose a lot of what I enjoy in my spare time. But yes I also do have a life outside of the internet lmao.

In retrospect the rewatch was highly unnecessary, but I’m glad I still did it. I don’t have many people to discuss big brother with the way I want to, this forum offers me that. So without this forum I’d honestly lose a lot of what I enjoy in my spare time. But yes I also do have a life outside of the internet lmao.

Well even if not totally necessary it wasn’t a waste of time. I like this super niche crowd of die hard big brother fans and that it’s a totally safe space to watch and enjoy the show.

Initially I thought probably but then changed my mind to probably not. When I watch episodes I watch them on my PC with about 50 tabs open and so I flick between BBB and 7Plus but increasingly I only listen to the audio on 7Plus and read the forum instead...occasionally I flick back to 7Plus if some conversation is happening involving the OGs but that's about it. The games shit me to tears as does the strat talk.

I have the show on in the background and cast an occassional glance. But Im not taking my eye off the prize. More emotional upheavals in the live thread than anything on the show.
BBBA has the BIGGEST EMOTIONAL UPHEAVALS EVER EVER

I think I would still. I love this site and after every episode I read the episode discussion threads. I finish work at 9pm every night..so I can’t watch live and post. I wish I could.

But am a big fan of the show. I have enjoyed this season but I do miss the old days…hell I would even take channel 9 big brother right now (except 2014 because fuck that)

Well the first forums I ever ventured into and joined must have been the Big Brother forums over at channel 10 probably back around 2007 or 2008. Yes I still am using the original channel 10 BB forum username and also the original channel 10 forums BB avatar from back then to this day! LOL! o_O O_O ;) :p

I do remember joining up with these Behind Big Brother forums many years ago probably mostly as a lurker in the earlier years but I do remember posting a couple of times here when BB went to channel 9. As I do remember all the "Gretel Vs Sonia" photoshops that were happening back then I even posted a picture or two back then also. I also did post a few times here the year when Tim Dormer won Big Brother as I do remember some of the comments about when he won and he was walking down the ramp on the live finale how he "steamrolled" past his fellow housemates as if they weren't even there? LOL! :D

Don't know what happened to my original account here though when I returned here a couple of years ago it was no longer active so I had to join up again. Maybe accounts get deleted if they aren't used for a very long time here i'm not sure...?

I think I have said a few times sometimes these forums are better than the actual show! LOL! Even after BB on channel 10 I remember the Masterchef forums over on channel 10 were probably one of the main reasons I used to watch MC in the years after BB was axed on ten. Forums are great!

I can honestly say that the last 2 seasons of BB on channel 7 I haven't really watched much at all I just hanged around these forums and read and posted about the show by reading comments from other members here. It's only this season I have tried to watch the show a bit more mainly because of the former housemates being included in this series.

Cheers! :)

I don’t know. I barely watch BB these days to begin with so I don’t think much would change. I’d probably be a lot more active on Twitter if this forum was no longer an option. I’m a member at TiBB but don’t enjoy the conversation as much as I do here. I’m a member of one other forum but I won’t mention what it is publicly. I did contemplate starting a BB/TV forum if this place ever did shut down. Although I doubt many of you would want me to have that much power lol.

I remember coming to this site under a different username (I can’t remember what the username was) in 2005. Loved it so much, especially seeing peoples reactions to Kate, who I loved btw. Then came back in 2006 but just lurked because I forgot my username because I’m sure I used a random email and couldn’t remember that. 2006 was wild on here, and I frantically was trying to find links to all the stuff I missed from the lives. I didn’t post so much in that time btw but more read and lurked. However I officially signed up with my name and began to properly post in 2013. Strangely enough, it was jade that I had first garnered my interest but it was Tahan who made me stay tuned as well as Tim. And joining this place made it so much more interactive and fun. I wish I didn’t stay as a lurker from the original bb days though. Sadly i don’t feel this place is the same it used to be but I think it’s more to do with the content of bb now.

To answer your question though, this place makes bb much more enjoyable even if the bb now isn’t as enjoyable. But if I was to answer with the older bb, this place enhanced the bb experience rather than make it just tolerable some days.

Back