Skip to main content

Would you still watch Big Brother if this site didn't exist?

Would you still watch Big Brother if this site didn't exist?

• Yes

• Probably

• Probably not

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
I'm curious. Would you still watch Big Brother if it weren't for BBBA? Discuss.

Only if it were the format of the 9 and 10 series or had ogs.

Like in the previous channel 7 series I quick came back and visited here for a bit but didn't stick around as I felt the show sucked with it being pre-recorded and like survivor in a house. So wasn't going to bother with here much if I wasn't interested in the show.

Although I was still visiting and contributing here when there was no Big Brother and they had the live series of I'm a celebrity as that was like the Big Brother replacement and even had the same producers (Peter Abbott/Alex mavroidakis), but when that turned pre recorded with no audience interaction I think I dropped off here as well. I still watched that series though.

So live shows or those who were part of the live shows (ogs) I think are a big pull to interact online. At least for me.

Oh and I watched the first series of big brother on 10 back in the day without having this site (but had the official site for forums in those days) so yeah I would continue to watch if it was live/had ogs.

I'm curious. Would you still watch Big Brother if it weren't for BBBA? Discuss.

Probably not. As I don't watch the show live because I can't stand the ads, I read through the episode threads here first to decide if an episode is worth watching. I have skipped multiple episodes this season, which I wouldn't have dreamed of with 10's version of BB.

I watch it live because I enjoy the interactions here, having a laugh and taking the piss. To me, that's way more entertaining than the show itself.

I mean, I wish I enjoyed the show enough to not be here taking the piss, yet here we are. Thanks Seven!

And thanks @Tim for keeping the site on all this time and not banning me.

Probably not.
I totally lost interest during the hiatus (kept posting here but not in Big Brother topics), and I wasn't sure I'd bother with the 7 version.
I decided to give it a go because of the enthusiasm here, and even though that enthusiasm mostly turned to frustration, it was the commentary here that kept me going.
Whenever an actual episode is annoying, full of producer interference, badly paced or just bland, you can still guarantee that someone here will either echo my opinions, have a different perspective that challenges my perception, or just posts something damn bloody hilarious.

That's what keeps me coming back.

Echoing the above statements, I used to be an avid contributor since the early 2000s. But if the quality of the show itself isn’t great, then there’s really not much worth posting about or contributing to either. I didn’t come here not once during 2021.

I know I’m not alone in saying that the Seven series has actually killed a slight part of my love for BBAU in general. So in turn, that doesn’t make coming here very exciting, no matter how good the banter is/was/can be. (Our very own BBBA admin is another example of this.)

In saying that, did BBBA make the Nine era series more enjoyable? Absolutely. But there was still a semblance of new things to talk about and engage with. Seven’s era is all-new territory that has sucked the genuine life from what made the show - and forums like this - fun to interact with.

This place used to be vastly different back in the day when there wasn’t just a single episode thread once a night, and instead there were literally at least 20 different topics a day to delve into. A small smile just emerged remembering everything from the individual HM threads, hourly live stream updates, twist speculation, podcasts… you name it… oh, and when the only spoilers possible were either on the day before Launch or knowing something minor like what the weekly task was going to be during the season, if it got mentioned in the live streams 12 hours before its television broadcast…

So no, to answer the question, I probably wouldn’t do either. They’re one in the same and feed off each other.

I really wish more people would post in the other forums like The Lounge etc.
as a newbie, i only recently realised they were there!

I wish i knew about this place in the previous seasons, it would have fed into my addiction that much more haha

This is the only channel seven season I have watched and I have only watched it due to reading the threads on the forum and getting a wee bit excited about returning players. Would I watch this format with all newbies - not a chance. Are there some newbies i like in this season - yes one or two. Reading the thread as I watch is a large part of the enjoyment as watching it half an hour behind I get to see other peoples comments so its like I get to watch the thread as my BB live experience with watching BB as the task!

I don't really know. Certainly, this website increases my enjoyment.
Yet I watch plenty of other shows where I don't go on specific forums about them.

I do like to catch up to real time watching of the shows if I don't start week one, which is for the forum. I think the reason I never watched VIP was because I couldn't be bothered binging the first few weeks to catch up to here.

When it was first announced that there was going to be an all stars series I came back to this site after years. Sadly the show itself didn’t maintain my interest and I visit this site every few days. So I guess I’m not really one to answer this.

However back in 2014 this forum was the sole reason I watched, and I have to assume we made up a decent chunk of the loyal viewers. Absolutely terrible season but the forum gave me life that year.

The lounge is definitely where it’s at for me, but I guess without watching the show there isn’t much “upstairs” for me.

Another reason I've thought of is the embarrassment factor. I can chat about BB on here, but would never talk to anyone else about it. 😬
My dad gives me hell because he knows I watch it (and any other reality shows).
"Why would any supposedly intelligent person want to watch morons doing nothing?"
But to each their own, I think the same about all those car-fixing shows he gravitates to.

My dad gives me hell because he knows I watch it (and any other reality shows).
"Why would any supposedly intelligent person want to watch morons doing nothing?"
But to each their own, I think the same about all those car-fixing shows he gravitates to.
I never look at BB content on FB, and although I do follow the official Twitter account I don't generally like or comment on anything because someone might see and judge me. I could use my alt account but that's for gay pr0n.

Yes. I posted on the official forums back in the 05-07 days (I was an argumentative shithead in those days too) and wish I'd posted on here earlier (lurked for years TBH). I don't think I've talked to anyone IRL about Big Brother since like 2005 lol (I am in NZ though) so it's nice to talk to people about it on here.

…If these forums did not exist… no way would I be watching Big Brother… or even Survivor or I’m a Celeb… but the various people posting keeps me watching those shows… and newbie posters that have finally started posting after being long time lurkers really make my day with the new input and views they bring… besides where else can I rave and rant like a demented idiot and get away with it?… and… the Photoshop thread feeds my insanity… so that’s why I’m here… fuck the shows… bring on the posters!… lol!… cheers.

This will be a HUGE SHOCK… but I would definitely 100% be watching and still loving it. 🙌🏽

I won’t lie though, the forums feeds my obsessions! I don’t really like the short form communication of Twitter and other social media. I much prefer to discuss BB here. 🤩

Honestly, I would. I'd watch this show at its absolute worst (right now?) the idea of having the show air and not watching it is something I can't comprehend myself even doing. This forum generates a lot more excitement than I would have naturally though. Having this site makes the show feel more like an event to what is physically possible and all of my friends have given up on the show so there is no where else to go to.

I loved the rewatch thread, it excited me to see so many people comment in there along with me. I probably should use the generic threads more. Without a TV show to watch for a long while I don't see myself posting here until Survivor starts again. I have checked this site religiously every day for almost a decade now. I wish I had known about here long before hand (Or that I was just older in the 2000s) to experience watching Big Brother live with you all.

Back