Skip to main content

Will the HMs go against Priya for choosing Gemma?

Crush Ad

Keep in mind that Katie knows that Priya is a strategist and might create a smear campaign against Priya for choosing Gemma as a tactical purpose to look good.

I think Priya did it with good intentions, but seeing how people reacted with david shaving his beard, I wont be surprised if they used her move against her and nominate her.

No, I think Priya did it because she felt bad for Gemma. After the way Gemma reacted to not being saved by the public vote, I think priya did well with choosing to give her a vote. The girl needed someone behind her so good going Priya.

It was so backhanded too - very clearly a pity vote. She basically said "you haven't got a chance in hell of staying but I'll vote for you anyway".
It was quite clearly a strategic sympathy vote, and already seen that it works with those who.... can't see through it.

But, I don't blame her. I would have done the exact same thing. It worked because Priya was towards the end, and it was becoming clear that it was going to be a blood bath.

The beauty of this strategy, is if people do pick a reason to go against her, it will merely just boost her popularity even more.

People shouldn't be fooled though. Just realise that Priya chose Gemma merely to fool you into thinking she was doing something nice.

I originally said in the episode thread, before they actually voted who to save, that Priya would never choose Gemma in a face-to-face because it be sure to put her under target with the other housemates. However, the manner in which she did it, like @Brekkie said, was very backhanded, and I don't think any housemate could seriously consider it to be anything other than what it was - a sympathy vote for Gemma.

I would have done the same because even though I really didn't like Gemma, I was feeling really sorry for her at that point and it was a pretty harsh way to be evicted. I just wish more housemates went with Gemma to make her feel a little better.
Would it really have made her feel better, though, knowing she was just getting sympathy votes rather than honest ones? It looked terrible, and they shouldn't have done it that way, but Gemma doesn't seem like someone who would want to be patronised like that.

I would have done the same because even though I really didn't like Gemma, I was feeling really sorry for her at that point and it was a pretty harsh way to be evicted.

I agree. I felt the HM vote was almost akin to bullying. Don't get me wrong I've been vying for Gemma's blood from the beginning, but this was so pathetic I reluctantly felt sorry for Gemma.

I don't think it was a sympathy vote by Priya, because in the nominations with Katie she stated that she got on well with Gemma compared to Jake, who she had not got to know as well as Gemma.

But I think she will go up tonight, and for many weeks after, as I see her being the new Estelle and Tahan. Just a gut feeling that the other housemates willl nominate her for superficial reasons that don't hold up to any real scrutiny.

I think Katie knowing Priya's tactics and thoughts on other housemates is going to be a big downfall for Priya. Katie is a big mouth and will eventually tell people what Priya has told her, either in regards to tactics or what she thinks about individual housemates. I think that is what is going to ruin Priya more than standing behind Gemma...

I originally said in the episode thread, before they actually voted who to save, that Priya would never choose Gemma in a face-to-face because it be sure to put her under target with the other housemates. However, the manner in which she did it, like @Brekkie said, was very backhanded, and I don't think any housemate could seriously consider it to be anything other than what it was - a sympathy vote for Gemma.

Why is that such a bad thing though, even if it was a sympathy vote? It is the intent behind it, which I believe was good. So whether or not it was a sympathy vote, at least someone stood by Gemma so she wasn't completely alone and didn't feel completely rejected on her way out.

If anything, Priya put her neck on the line, because she was the only one standing against the group, and with Gemma gone, Jake could arguably see Priya as his main adversary now as she was the only one who voted against him. She did something courageous that the bunch of sheep did not. If any of them actually thought strategically, they would have given Jake the boot because he obviously was way more likeable and has way more of a chance of winning than Gemma would have. So they just made their chances even harder for themselves because they think this is a Contiki trip, and forgot that it is in fact a game for a lot of money. Lol. Where do they find these people?

Ok so I'm pretty sure that Priya voting to save Gemma was more of her trying to be genuinely nice rather than tactics.

This is what she said about herself on her profile on the OS:
"Life hasn’t been very fair to me, probably not to anyone for that matter, and I think I will always stand for fairness and equality. If I see someone being bullied or someone being singled out, I think I will be the first person to stand up for them and take it on me if I have to."

Ok so I'm pretty sure that Priya voting to save Gemma was more of her trying to be genuinely nice rather than tactics.

This is what she said about herself on her profile on the OS:
"Life hasn’t been very fair to me, probably not to anyone for that matter, and I think I will always stand for fairness and equality. If I see someone being bullied or someone being singled out, I think I will be the first person to stand up for them and take it on me if I have to."
I pretty much agree with you. Even if there was some strategy in there.. It didn't come across as disingenuous.

It was so backhanded too - very clearly a pity vote. She basically said "you haven't got a chance in hell of staying but I'll vote for you anyway".
Of course it was a pity vote. Everyone knew Gemma was going and Priya just wanted to make her feel a little better about it because having just one person with you can make a big difference when everyone's against you.

What a pack of idiots. They might regret saving Jake when he's in the final because the producers will ensure of it. If this was Survivor (where the contestants actually think with their brains, and generally not with their dicks) Jake would have been sent packing.

What a pack of idiots. They might regret saving Jake when he's in the final because the producers will ensure of it. If this was Survivor (where the contestants actually think with their brains, and generally not with their dicks) Jake would have been sent packing.

Exactly this. And the ONE chance they actually have over controlling their own individual fates (rather than being put up in a public vote), they choose to keep the biggest threat of all. As far as I'm concerned, they all deserve to lose now.
Except Priya. What a goddess.

Yep, Jake will not get nominated for a few more weeks. @Timdormer would have run rings around these spineless housemates. Hopefully this is the last time the housemates choose who gets to go home. Because imagine if they did this for every eviction? We would have a final five of Travis, Ryan, Katie, Aisha, and Jason.

Back