Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

If it does get another season, it will undoubtedly, without fail, rate even worse than 2022 and VIP - which is where it was all heading. There’s truly no justification in such a silly move by Seven when the program is almost universally getting criticised more and more, year after year.

Anyone who is genuinely looking forward to it, or believes there’s a chance production will finally actually modify their trainwreck of a format, is deluded.

Bring on BBUK 2023 to show the world how it’s really done.
If there's a positive that's not really a positive, it's possibly that at least they are stopping pretending that the social and strategic game actually matters with an all singles format. Obviously whoever makes it to the end with the best showmance storyline (or perhaps the one that the public can most stomach!) will win and nothing else really matters under this format.

I'd rather it was an hour, and would be quite happy with Ten's original 30 minute dailies tbh. Treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen. Keep them wanting more. People are sick of the huge commitments the networks are putting on them. Perhaps a 30 minute evening show and a 30 minute late show would work.
In this new streaming age, it makes even more sense for BB to go back to the Ch10 format.

You could run 30min daily shows Sunday to Friday in between the news (which doesn't need to be 1.5 hours) and the project. For those who want more, they can then upload an extended and uncensored cut to either 10play or Paramount+ (depending on how they want to run their online strategy with live streaming etc).

Sunday: 60min Live eviction
Monday: 60min Live nominations (I really liked the glass box from ch9 - added to the suspense)
Friday: 60min Live Friday night games

Feel like you might have room for another 60min episode on a Tuesday if you can come up with a good reason for it. Maybe an uplate or a panel show. Not keen on a challenge ep ontop of the friday night games. These 60min shows are probably more suited to 8.30pm, which leaves room for 10 to schedule at both 7.30 and 9.30 throughout the whole week.

I would run the season from the Sunday following the grand final (AFL) through to the week of xmas. Those ~80 day seasons were about the right length without dragging.

I don't think Warburton would be saying this sort of thing if it wasn't back in '23:

For Seven, the “bricks in the wall” -or a Seven ‘spine’- remains fundamental.

“It’s absolutely bricks in the wall. The Voice, Farmer, Idol, Million Dollar Island, Big Brother, AGT, Dancing with the Stars.

I don't think Warburton would be saying this sort of thing if it wasn't back in '23:

For Seven, the “bricks in the wall” -or a Seven ‘spine’- remains fundamental.

“It’s absolutely bricks in the wall. The Voice, Farmer, Idol, Million Dollar Island, Big Brother, AGT, Dancing with the Stars.

It is back for sure, I have seen that BB ad looking for singles all over social media.

Endemol put out a hiring post for live loggers for a "popular reality show" which gives us the dates of filming for Big Brother
24th October - 2nd December. Thats the same filming length as 2020's season

Last edited:
It is concerning that we're going back down to almost half the duration of 2021 and 2022's seasons. Hopefully that may mean more day-by-day content instead of 4 days featured in a singular episode.

Spent the last couple of days in Sydney and decided to visit both of Seven's houses...

Sydney Olympic Park:
A ute for what appeared to be a landscaping company was parked in the carpark in the fourth picture when I first arrived. Also 3 production staff were working in the trailer marked "Production Design" in the last picture. If you look closely at the monitor it appears to be a schedule and also to the right an image or feed from the hallway inside.
Y3X28re.jpg

CRAdKM8.jpg
mL4Hxoa.jpg
IMjAgIa.jpg
TQ1KjfZ.jpg
FrFw14h.jpg

North Head:
The sheds are all much bigger than I expected but the backyard area was tiny. There's a set inside the main shed for what looks like another production of some sort. The back right shed is now a workshop (an older gentlemen was working on an old car inside). It also appears that the floor boards from the house may still be down inside. You can see on the concrete out the front where the fake wall was that hosted the entrance eye and the lack of vegetation in the area the walkway/plank use to be. I also ventured over to the area the shipping container arena use to be.
6O2MyXv.jpg

lRJrbdN.jpg

7rf5i8g.jpg

WcZSzup.jpg

7ZNOoPP.jpg

dMJiLMA.jpg

jiB9zy9.jpg

gsS5l1g.jpg

bSu2zTV.jpg

NqCqpYk.jpg

jG3EYqw.jpg

2wmsExj.jpg

5uFJjFM.jpg

8RpgpvZ.jpg

Cool pics, @SepiaBird. Pretty sad that it's so temporary it's literally being propped up by a bunch of 4x2s. Probably won't have to last much longer, though.

The 2020/21 house was really small. Atleast this new White Pavillion location has some space and works much better on camera than the sheds at North Head.

I do still wished they actually went ahead with putting the house on Cockatoo Island like in the original "Big Brother: Revolution" promos. Would've been such an iconic spot for it.

I think the pre-recorded nature means they need a fairly non-descript location for it though.

It is concerning that we're going back down to almost half the duration of 2021 and 2022's seasons. Hopefully that may mean more day-by-day content instead of 4 days featured in a singular episode.
No doubt they’re going to continue with single episode cycles until the end of this disaster. I’d also imagine that they’ve sliced the number of episodes back down to 21 as well. I’d also assume it means the convoluted format used for 2022’s series has been dropped and we’ll either see a third format or it will return to the 2020 format. I’d say it’s likely to be the 2020 format with a possible second change challenge added in.

With this format three evictions per filming week has been pretty standard so not a huge change. I suspect more likely they return to an eviction every show but also possible they go the other way and make every eviction a two episode cycle. Seven seem to like commissioning ever shorter seasons of their shows at the moment though.

Back