Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

Wouldn't surprise me if Seven only renewed it to keep their grip on BBAU so they can then potentially reassess the format after having a chance to see how the BBUK revival goes.

Wouldn't surprise me if Seven only renewed it to keep their grip on BBAU so they can then potentially reassess the format after having a chance to see how the BBUK revival goes.
That would involve admitting their errors. My bet is they want to keep the format for another year to delay a potential revival even longer.

So potentially turning away more fans in the process and risk forever tarnishing the brand even more so. They have reinvented bb way too many times imo.

So potentially turning away more fans in the process and risk forever tarnishing the brand even more so.
I mean its a smart business decision - if you decide you don't want a format anymore, destroy the public perception of it to make it as undesirable as possible so that later on a rival is unlikely to want to pick it up and use it against you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-07-12-30-07-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-07-12-30-07-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
Signed it. Don't know if it'll eventuate to anything.
I hope it does. It comes down to the EPs I guess, but surely they can't be that out of touch and believe that this version is working. Yes, there's a new generation of viewers and times have changed, but the core essence of Big Brother was the live aspect. No dramatic (and obnoxiously loud) music and over the top reaction shots. Add the sheer lack of knowing who housemates are on a personal level, I barely even remember their names from this season bar the OGs 😂 but yeah it has to change, I thought 9 ruined it, I was wrong.

I hope it does. It comes down to the EPs I guess, but surely they can't be that out of touch and believe that this version is working. Yes, there's a new generation of viewers and times have changed, but the core essence of Big Brother was the live aspect. No dramatic (and obnoxiously loud) music and over the top reaction shots. Add the sheer lack of knowing who housemates are on a personal level, I barely even remember their names from this season bar the OGs 😂 but yeah it has to change, I thought 9 ruined it, I was wrong.
Rewatching 2013, you can see how they slowly began to make changes subtly- the nominations talk began to happen with less consequences, the house games had no real affect on the hms time like they used to- single hms could win back dinner ingredients through lame challenges (which took up screen time as well instead of watching hms in their environment), feast nights with set up topics to discuss rather than natural discussions that were though out by hms (which I actually still enjoyed anyways but it was set up by bb to discuss), dedicating a whole show on the games, live updates slowly began to disappear, the daily shows showed parts of the lives, manipulating the conversations in one direction etc. changes were already happening but I still think it had much more potential had they tweaked it a bit more with some realistic changes that honoured the concept and still introduced the game strategy in some ways. Seven went off the loop completely with this bs version. Honestly if wasn’t for the original hms I don’t think I would have stayed committed to watching.

I thought that was particularly forced and lame.
The first one wasn’t too bad with their discussion on reasonable topics such as sexual preferences and the crisis of refugees. Even if engineered, it was good to see perspectives on those things. Though some hms talked for the sake of talking with no real input. I did eye roll at some of them and took offence to some of what was said. But you could see where the show was moving with these decisions to force the discussions. Lazy production work.

They’re bringing Australian idol back after so many years in dormant. I’m worried they will ruin it now. My fave part about aus idol was when they went to small towns, I don’t know what it was but I genuinely loved that part. If they are insisting on cutting costs they will prob be removing the visitation to towns across Australia. Sometimes I wish shows would just stay dead. Rather than renew it and ruin the memory of it. But a hopeful part of me wants the show to succeed too.

Really hope Seven don't have a lockout clause in their contract like Nine had which kept rivals hands off it for 5 years after they had it.

Then again given what Seven churned out perhaps Nine having a longer contract preventing them from getting their hands on it wouldn't have been such a bad idea afterall.

Really hope Seven don't have a lockout clause in their contract like Nine had which kept rivals hands off it for 5 years after they had it.
They must've been extremely desperate to get it back on the air to agree to that - why else would you agree to making the format completely worthless for five years after someone decides they no longer want it?

MKR flopping even worse than BB for 7, at least BB did well in the younger demos. Let's see if 7 renews this too, if they do I guess they are happy settling for mediocrity.

Back