Skip to main content

Why not ban sex in the BB house?

If it's a stranger you're talking about you need planning and thinking (you know, someone you met a few days ago). With a partner, sure, you can do it in a second without any thinking. In the house with strangers, you really have to have a think before you copulate, no?

I've had sex with someone within half an hour of first meeting them. Again, you're making generalisations, which is precisely why organic things like sex should be allowed in the house, because obviously everyone's experiences differ, and the point of Big Brother is to observe people and learn about the ways in which people other than yourself interact.

You took my post too deeply and you didn't get my point. :bored:

The show is about banning the things you like. Sex is something that we immensely love. Why not ban it too as they do with other forms of entertaining stuff?
Where do you get the idea that BB is about "banning things you like"? It's about isolating people from the outside world so that the only people they can communicate with is eachother. TV, internet, radio would all allow communication from the outside world - hence they're not allowed. Sex is a huge part of natural communication - banning it would be against the entire principle of BB.

I've had sex with someone within half an hour of first meeting them. Again, you're making generalisations, which is precisely why organic things like sex should be allowed in the house, because obviously everyone's experiences differ, and the point of Big Brother is to observe people and learn about the ways in which people other than yourself interact.
Where do you get the idea that BB is about "banning things you like"? It's about isolating people from the outside world so that the only people they can communicate with is eachother. TV, internet, radio would all allow communication from the outside world - hence they're not allowed. Sex is a huge part of natural communication - banning it would be against the entire principle of BB.
Sex isn't shown on TV, either way (unless we'd get uncut).

The house is a psychological experiment. So, in my opinion, refraining the housemates from having sex (including giving head/hand job) would be good television because we'll see their harsher colours (well, only for those who get partners in the house). They'll come to the diary room, crying, moaning ("Big Brother I really wanted to ...

Sex in the house is a cop-out and it should be banned alongside TV, radio, music and the likes. And, no actually, these are banned because they provide entertainment. Big Brother doesn't want housemates sitting down watching movies, playing video games and such. Oh, watching movies and playing video games isn't "contacting the outside world".

Last edited:
You're doing the whole slippery-slope argument here.

Most of these acts you listed are pretty much spontaneous and trivial. You surely can't compare sex to these, unless you're a prostitute doing it every day with everyone? For sex, you need time, thinking and planning - It's pretty much an event. Housemates would even come to the diary, contemplate and ask for condoms. It's a big deal.

Humming a tune is actually prohibited in the house. BB bans them from doing it if it's a commercial song. Not sure about the ch9 version, but the more stricter BB in ch10 did so. The housemates would go to the punishment room if they hummed a pop tune.

Humming a just a tune isn't prohibited, like you said, it's only commercial songs they ban due mostly to licensing and partly to prevent HM's mostly singing instead of conversing.

And WTF do you think sex actually is? Really though? You make it sound like sex is some type of construction job, would i need to fill out an OH&S form too? lol

Sex isn't shown on TV, either way (unless we'd get uncut). The house is a psychological experiment. So, in my opinion, refraining the housemates from having sex (including giving head/hand job) would be good television because we'll see their harsher colours (well, only for those who get partners in the house).

If it's not shown on TV, then why does it matter? Obviously not everyone in the house is having sex, so you're already seeing everyone's "harsher colours" anyway. Also, for some people a sex drive is literally non-existant, so it wouldn't apply. Again, you're making generalisations that people behave differently after not having sex for however long, which is simply not the case. The premise of Big Brother is to lock people in a house with no contact with the outside world or modern stimulus. That's it. Sex is a natural aspect of human interaction and therefore should be allowed in the house and whether or not we see it or hear about it is at the discretion of the broadcaster. Simple.

If it's not shown on TV, then why does it matter? Obviously not everyone in the house is having sex, so you're already seeing everyone's "harsher colours" anyway. Also, for some people a sex drive is literally non-existant, so it wouldn't apply. Again, you're making generalisations that people behave differently after not having sex for however long, which is simply not the case. The premise of Big Brother is to lock people in a house with no contact with the outside world or modern stimulus. That's it. Sex is a natural aspect of human interaction and therefore should be allowed in the house and whether or not we see it or hear about it is at the discretion of the broadcaster. Simple.
Nothing to refute there. You make a point.

My point here is that sex is fun. Sex is exciting. The housemates having it is a huge cop-out. Entertainment is banned not only because it provides contact to the outside world, but because it's recreational and fun.

Sport is a human interaction too. So why can't the housemates bring in soccer balls and such in the house? Because Big Brother prohibits housemates having fun. That's the point of Big Brother.

Let's face it, BB wants them to have sex because it kinda sells (as they saying goes)...or maybe the BB crew like to perv on sex. :meh:

Sex isn't shown on TV, either way (unless we'd get uncut).

The house is a psychological experiment. So, in my opinion, refraining the housemates from having sex (including giving head/hand job) would be good television because we'll see their harsher colours (well, only for those who get partners in the house). They'll come to the diary room, crying, moaning ("Big Brother I really wanted to ...

Sex in the house is a cop-out and it should be banned alongside TV, radio, music and the likes. And, no actually, these are banned because they provide entertainment. Big Brother doesn't want housemates sitting down watching movies, playing video games and such. Oh, watching movies and playing video games isn't "contacting the outside world".
You're basing your "argument" on what is an opinion of what BB "doesn't want". The basic principle regarding the restriction of open communication with the outside world is not an opinion. You're making selective reasons - if it was about banning entertainment why is there a pool? Why do they get movie nights? Why do they get parties? It's got nothing to do with depriving them of entertainment and everything to do with seeing how a group of strangers interact with eachother. Over and out.

if it was about banning entertainment why is there a pool? Why do they get movie nights? Why do they get parties? It's got nothing to do with depriving them of entertainment and everything to do with seeing how a group of strangers interact with eachother.
Blame the lenient, overly nice guy that they call "Big Brother" these days. I'm sure you're aware of him by now. The housemates are practically on a vacation in ch9 BB...Please don't get me started on Ch09's handling of BB...I've made essays on that already.

There were no late night parties (besides birthdays) and movie nights back in the ch10 days.

Nothing to refute there. You make a point.

My point here is that sex is fun. Sex is exciting. The housemates having it is a huge cop-out. Entertainment is banned not only because it provides contact to the outside world, but because it's recreational and fun.

Sport is a human interaction too. So why can't the housemates bring in soccer balls and such in the house? Because Big Brother prohibits housemates having fun. That's the point of Big Brother.

Let's face it, BB wants them to have sex because it kinda sells (as they saying goes)...or maybe the BB crew like to perv on sex. :meh:

Entertainment (as in movies, TV shows, etc.) is banned not because it's recreational and fun but because such things are deemed as a modern luxury and the point is to observe people in a stripped back environment when they have no real stimuli other than each other. Sport may be human interaction but the banning of soccer balls isn't about banning human interaction. Sport is a manufactured human experience and sex isn't. You need to stop thinking that Big Brother prohibits fun. You could say, at a stretch, that Big Brother prohibits manufactured fun, but that's as far as you can go.

You're right that sex sells, but it hasn't really been selling the last three seasons on Nine, at least far less than it did back in the Channel 10 era.

Back