Skip to main content

Why not ban sex in the BB house?

Shackles

The pen is mightier than the sword.
If BB is about cutting off entertainment and pretty much the things you like and rely on (TV, internet, radio, time, etc), I still don't understand why its format never banned romantic affiliations and at least sex?

That would be good television, to see housemates not getting what they passionately desire.

Well, thats banning human interactivity, and they dont do that.

Although I'm not sure why it bothers you because they very well may have done that with the 9 versions as there hasnt been any of that in there.

Anyone who's not a friend of Sex is not a friend of mine
You took my post too deeply and you didn't get my point. :bored:

The show is about banning the things you like. Sex is something that we immensely love. Why not ban it too as they do with other forms of entertaining stuff?

The show is about banning the things you like. Sex is something that we immensely love. Why not ban it too as they do with other forms of entertaining stuff?

sex isnt that bad in the house only 4 or 6 people did it? so thats not bad but take away wank time the house will explode

Ch9 would never ban sex. They own the rights to those unaired sex sessions. And I will bet that eventually they will do a "SEX SECRETS OF THE BB HOUSE" special and everyone who has had so much as had a sneaky grope will be outed.

Reactions: Jon

That's because your argument is flawed from the get go. BB doesn't ban things HM's like, HM's are removed from modern day luxuries and society, there's a big and distinct difference. Sex is natural an iPhone is not.

If they are going to have it, they could at least show it. Make a late night special out of it. Sure the cameras will see nothing, they'll be under covers, but like most other things in the house, if they happen, we should at least know about it.

I dont know how many of you saw the most recent BBUK, but two housemates on that were filmed doing it, and under the covers, they werent being so discreet about it.

That's because your argument is flawed from the get go. BB doesn't ban things HM's like, HM's are removed from modern day luxuries and society, there's a big and distinct difference. Sex is natural an iPhone is not.
I wasn't arguing. It was a misunderstanding. Don't get cute please. :stop:

You have no compelling reasons too - "Sex is natural, iPhone isn't"... Lmao...? Who said BB was ONLY about banning technology in the house? FYI, BB forbids the HMs to make contact to the outside world. Last time I checked making human contact isn't "modern day luxury". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I wasn't arguing. It was a misunderstanding. Don't get cute please. :stop:

You have no compelling reasons too - "Sex is natural, iPhone isn't"... Lmao...? Who said BB was ONLY about banning technology in the house? Ever heard of making contact outside of the house? That's a natural human instinct (talking with loved ones), BB abhors its and would punish you for it (well, the previous years one did).

I know you weren't "arguing" but you question can still be considered putting forward an argument.

I don't see how you don't understand that sex isn't a modern day luxury and an iPhone is?

I know you weren't "arguing" but you question can still be considered putting forward an argument.

I don't see how you don't understand that sex isn't a modern day luxury and an iPhone is?
Why are you bringing iPhones in this? Nobody is saying that sex is a 'technological' device like the iPhone (ironically, you're actually comparing the two, not me). :bored:

To rephrase my point; Big Brother bans all these forms of entertainment because they please the housemates. Well, sex gives pleasure just like music and TV does. So I don't see how (and why) BB allows it. It's a cop-out, IMO.

Why are you bringing iPhones in this? Nobody is saying that sex is a 'technological' device like the iPhone (ironically, you're actually comparing the two, not me). :bored:

To rephrase my point; Big Brother bans all these forms of entertainment because they please the housemates. Well, sex gives pleasure just like music and TV does. So I don't see how and why BB allows it. It's a cop-out, IMO.
I'm bringing iPhones into this as an example of what the HM's have to leave behind, they live in a bubble, no outside contact, no electronics, no music or newspapers etc...

Again you reasoning is flawed. BB doesn't ban things just because it provides pleasure, only certain items are not allowed and there can be no outside contact. Otherwise why stop at sex? Let's ban kissing, hugging, jokes, dancing, humming a tune, eating certain foods, HM created games etc...

Again you reasoning is flawed. BB doesn't ban things just because it provides pleasure, only certain items are not allowed and there can be no outside contact. Otherwise why stop at sex? Let's ban kissing, hugging, jokes, dancing, humming a tune, eating certain foods, HM created games etc...
You're doing the whole slippery-slope argument here.

Most of these acts you listed are pretty much spontaneous and trivial. You surely can't compare sex to these, unless you're a prostitute doing it every day with everyone? For sex, you need time, thinking and planning - It's pretty much an event. Housemates would even come to the diary, contemplate and ask for condoms. It's a big deal.

Humming a tune is actually prohibited in the house. BB bans them from doing it if it's a commercial song. Not sure about the ch9 version, but the more stricter BB in ch10 did so. The housemates would go to the punishment room if they hummed a pop tune.

That's a pretty big generalisation.
If it's a stranger you're talking about then you would need planning and thinking (I mean, it's someone you met a few days ago). With a partner, sure, you can do it in a second without any thinking. In the house with strangers, you really have to have a think before you copulate, no?

Back