Skip to main content

why isn't lawson being nominated?

Sorry, I edited my post as I was on my phone and kept copying and cutting somehow. Totally not adept at that so apologies if it was all jumbled!

But no, I don't think it's so much that they assume he's up and not bother. I think it's just that they consider him a non-factor at this point. Even Skye didn't nominate him this past fortnight and she has by far taken the brunt of his shit from what we've seen anyway. She goes from giving him 4 points, the max she can give, the week before the Sanctuary to just forgetting about him now. He'll obviously be up again but the HMs aren't thinking with the mind that the public are. They want him out as he "deserves it". They want him to stay because he's typically easy to live with and more importantly isn't going to win.

The week before Tully went home last year, she'd been given no points and both here and SM went into meltdown. Including me. Because I was sick of her crying and my friends had been shipping me cash from the US to vote for them to make it happen. Especially because she'd been up for eviction the previous week with a whopping 3 nomination points in a pool of six and her three points were only given by Matt who had the power plus could wipe out 2 of the HMs total votes so he saved himself and Ed and put her up. And she survived that week too and the Internet broke as it was the first chance to get her out after Tahlia spoke out. That's when I learned the HMs know... as annoying, aggressive, whiny, tomato-faced, cheating, etc a HM is... when they have no hope of winning, it's better to keep them around unless you think you're well and truly fucked with no public support and are up for eviction. That's the only time you'd want them in the line up.
Lawson has already been defeated..inside the house and outside. There is no point in nominating him.

Ag

Agree!! He actually goes searching for Cat after a cry.

I don't know why I view their relationship as a teacher/student relationship.
Since when does he search for Cat when upset? I have seen him many times attempt to be alone while being upset but Cat is constantly there in his face and seeking reassurance. Smothering him and wearing him down.

i actually would love to see cat leave, she is soo neeeedy and i want to see what lawson would turn into without her. also i would like tomatoes thrown at her at the eviction stage. i dont know why i didnt feel the same way about drew and tully last year

Since when does he search for Cat when upset? I have seen him many times attempt to be alone while being upset but Cat is constantly there in his face and seeking reassurance. Smothering him and wearing him down.

I've seen him go to her after the diary room etc and yes she does go in for the cuddle, which he willing accepts. If he was determine to make a change he would avoid her at all cost.

Yes agree, he went straight to bed in one of the scenes and cat went straight to him to 'comfort', she asked if he wanted company and he says 'it's ok' and makes room
for her in bed. Really Lawson?

I think he doesn't mind the smothering and wearing down, he's 23yo not 12yo. He can put a stop to it if he wanted. I haven't seen him be firm to her once.

Anyway my 2c

Lawsons problem is that he thinks with his dick and loves having his ego stroked. So she makes him think with his dick (oops my dress fell down and I forgot I wasn't wearing underwear!) and strokes his ego. She owns him, he's her creature and he'll be her creature until she lets him go. If they get separated the spell will probably break. It will be interesting to see what happens when they do. I think he'll wake up but I don't know what she'll do. She'll either completely flip out or she'll move on and behave like it never happened. Personally, I'd rather watch what happens to her than watch what happens to him. If it wasn't for Cats attention, Lawson would have bored me to death by now but then I guess likewise for Cat, she hasn't got much going on except for the Lawson stuff.

Aisha seems to think that Cat is taking advantage of Lawson. I wonder if the other HMs are of the same view? Obviously we know what he's doing is so wrong, but maybe Cat is coming across as predatory to them and they're less concerned about Candice and more about the well being of the bloke they're living with.

Obviously we know he should cop a public caning but maybe since they've developed bonds with Lawson which we haven't they see him much more sympathetically than we do. They probably pity him a bit and don't feel right nominating him...especially when they know he's no threat anyway.

A combination of the following: the more tactical players don't think Lawson can win, the majority of the housemates blame Cat more than Lawson for what has occured, Lawson is still in the alliance with Ryan and David so they won't nominate him yet.

If Cat goes first, my prediction is that a huge weight will be lifted off Lawson's shoulders, he will relax far more, and he will go back to being the Magic Man from weeks 1 & 2.

I've seen him go to her after the diary room etc and yes she does go in for the cuddle, which he willing accepts. If he was determine to make a change he would avoid her at all cost.

Yes agree, he went straight to bed in one of the scenes and cat went straight to him to 'comfort', she asked if he wanted company and he says 'it's ok' and makes room
for her in bed. Really Lawson?

I think he doesn't mind the smothering and wearing down, he's 23yo not 12yo. He can put a stop to it if he wanted. I haven't seen him be firm to her once.

Anyway my 2c
You seem to have seriously underestimated the situation and Cat. It's the BB house so avoiding people is almost impossible not to mention Cat lol you think she's just going to ALLOW Lawson to ignore her? HA! I don't think so.

Back