Skip to main content

why isn't lawson being nominated?

The housemates seemed to have nominated straight after watching Jason's farewell message. Lawson was upset afterwards, so maybe the other housemates felt sorry for him and were not in the frame of mind to nominate him.

He's what's known as a goat in the Survivor world. Classic tactic. You tuck it under your arm and drag it along to the end simply to sacrifice it when the time is right. You want to be competing against your goat at the end. Goats are unlikeable and will provide you an easy win. Big Brother is really not much different.
I remember Tahan saying that was her tactic last year, to drag Mikkayla to the end so she could beat her on the finish line (and presumably dance on her grave)..

The housemates have seen him showing genuine remorse and they are figuring out that Cat is taking advantage of the situation. They have seen him battling with his emotions with what's happened and they can see Cat just wants what she wants regardless. That woman is ruthless!!

He's not a threat, I guess?

They know Australia hates him so he'd be an easy target or competition in the finals. In other words, they can easily compete with him towards the end as they know no one would want him win. ;)

I also wouldn't nominate him, strategic-wise.

The housemates have seen him showing genuine remorse and they are figuring out that Cat is taking advantage of the situation. They have seen him battling with his emotions with what's happened and they can see Cat just wants what she wants regardless. That woman is ruthless!!
He's not remorseful enough to stop trying to suck her tonsils out. The fact that he fails to stop hooking up with her and runs straight to her after every teary time out kind of invalidates any tears or apologies or pretence at being upset. I do agree she's taking every advantage she can but he's so weak it's pathetic. He's not sorry he's doing it, he's sorry that everyone thinks it's a dog act.

I would rather see him go first. Then we could watch her implode from not being able to control his every move.

He avoided nomination because apart from Skye he's not really rubbing anybody up the wrong way in the house. They may not approve of his cheating ways but him cheating on Candice doesn't really have a major impact on them so why would they nominate him?

Lawson isn't nominated two week in a row, so far, as he is a protected species according to his fellow housemate and Big Brother.

This is probably what the HM's are thinking, although still aware he's a cheater

He's not remorseful enough to stop trying to suck her tonsils out. The fact that he fails to stop hooking up with her and runs straight to her after every teary time out kind of invalidates any tears or apologies or pretence at being upset. I do agree she's taking every advantage she can but he's so weak it's pathetic. He's not sorry he's doing it, he's sorry that everyone thinks it's a dog act.

I would rather see him go first. Then we could watch her implode from not being able to control his every move.

and this is more what viewers are thinking?

If I was in there I wouldn't nominate him.
I'd think he'd definitely of blown his chances at winning and so would want him to stay.

hmmm maybe but I think Cat needs to take some responsibility in this to. Lawson has been dropping hints without being rude but she avoids them deliberately to get what she wants.

Exhibit A
nCl36Ym.png

hmmm maybe but I think Cat needs to take some responsibility in this to. Lawson has been dropping hints without being rude but she avoids them deliberately to get what she wants.

Exhibit A
nCl36Ym.png
I absolutely agree, there is neither is more guilty than the other. They both are to blame on different ways buy both are to blame. As Aisha said, she should give him some space but if she does that he might have a chance to sort out his own head - so she's always in his face. I think that everything she has done in the house, and not just to do with Lawson, has been all about Cat getting whatever Cat wants and woe betide anyone who gets in her way.

Lawson has only been given two points since the Sanctuary and that was two points by Marina last night. The week before he didn't get a single nomination point lol - not ONE point - and yet the week leading up to the Sanctuary aka pre toe fucking, he had 12 points and was up. Second highest nom points after Sandra with 13.

Give the HMs some credit. This may not be the brightest bunch this year but even they know not even to waste their time anymore. Better to carry the dead weight, no hoper along because it helps you out as you make it closer to the end and target people with a chance.

Lawson hasn't been up for eviction since the Sanctuary. In fact he's only been given two points by Marina last night since then. The week before he didn't get a single nomination point lol and yet the week leading up to the Sanctuary he had 12 points and was up. Second highest nom points after Sandra with 13.

Give the HMs some credit. This may not be the brightest bunch this year but even they know not even to waste their time anymore.
Do they think that he's already being voted for so they don't bother? It's confusing, Jason said that's he's very aggressive and is very snappy, so I wonder (if that's the general consensus) whether it's an intentional thing. Either way, I think he's up next week.

If he's showing genuine remorse why is he continually putting himself in compromising situations with her? Why hasn't he grown a pair and said, no, enough, back off, both of us. I do agree that Cat is maximising her advantage but he isn't doing himself any favours either. They are as bad as each other and gluttons for punishment.

If he's showing genuine remorse why is he continually putting himself in compromising situations with her? Why hasn't he grown a pair and said, no, enough, back off, both of us. I do agree that Cat is maximising her advantage but he isn't doing himself any favours either. They are as bad as each other.
Because she has worn him down. He has only two choices. To snap! Essentially showing the entire nation what happens when a woman pushes him too far TRUST ME no man really wants to do that on national television (sorry if this some how seems sexist). Or to just ride it out until he is finally evicted.

Do they think that he's already being voted for so they don't bother? It's confusing, Jason said that's he's very aggressive and is very snappy, so I wonder (if that's the general consensus) whether it's an intentional thing. Either way, I think he's up next week.
Sorry, I edited my post as I was on my phone and kept copying and cutting somehow. Totally not adept at that so apologies if it was all jumbled!

But no, I don't think it's so much that they assume he's up and not bother. I think it's just that they consider him a non-factor at this point. Even Skye didn't nominate him this past fortnight and she has by far taken the brunt of his shit from what we've seen anyway. She goes from giving him 4 points, the max she can give, the week before the Sanctuary to nothing now the past two weeks. He'll obviously be up again but the HMs aren't thinking with the mind that the public are. The public wants him out as he "deserves it". The HMs want him to stay because he's generally easy to live with and more importantly isn't going to win.

The week before Tully went home last year, she'd been given no points and both here and SM went into meltdown. Including me. Because I was sick of her crying and my friends had been shipping me cash from the US to vote for them to make it happen. Especially because she'd been up for eviction the previous week with a whopping 3 nomination points in a pool of six and her three points were only given by Matt who had the power plus could wipe out 2 of the HMs total votes so he saved himself and Ed and put her up. And she survived that week too and the Internet broke as it was the first chance to get her out after Tahlia spoke out. That's when I learned the HMs know... as annoying, aggressive, whiny, tomato-faced, cheating, etc a HM is... when they have no hope of winning, it's better to keep them around unless you think you're well and truly fucked with no public support and are up for eviction. That's the only time you'd want them in the line up.

Ag
If he's showing genuine remorse why is he continually putting himself in compromising situations with her? Why hasn't he grown a pair and said, no, enough, back off, both of us. I do agree that Cat is maximising her advantage but he isn't doing himself any favours either. They are as bad as each other and gluttons for punishment.

Agree!! He actually goes searching for Cat after a cry.

I don't know why I view their relationship as a teacher/student relationship.

Back