Skip to main content

Why is Jake loved so much by the HMs?

starstruck

Is Nobbi still in the Kombie?
I am not trying to be rude, But can someone please explain to me why the HM's love Jake so much? What is so miraculously great about him?

Gemma said "Jake is one of the best people she has ever met". Why?

Everyone (except Priya) backed Jake during eviction. Was this only because they really disliked Gemma so much that Jake was unnecessarily praised by default?

Lawson and Aisha decided to give him the 5k as he is really struggling financially and they think he is a great guy.

I know we only see a small portion of what really goes on in the house, but please someone tell me what is so great about Jake? He just seems like an average nice guy in his 20's to me. What am I missing?

It seems to me like he has gone in prepared with sob stories. And they've all fallen for it. Is being broke and a student really that different to most other students? Loads of people end uni with no definite prospects. Has anything terrible befallen this guy other than normal real life stuff relating to study or career change?

They aren't going to think he's so sweet when they find out the real deal about his friend Timbo.

Tim spent his whole time in the house playing "dance monkey dance" with the hm's. We'd have to be pretty naive if we thought that they haven't worked out a strategy and some manipulation techniques between them before jake went in. For example how to ingratiate himself, how to become everyone's best friend without pushing too far etc. He is a different personality to Tim so he'd have different tactics. I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, who knows what he's really like but it would be silly to think he's not doing everything without an ultimate gameplan considering who he lives with. Personally, he's not one of my favourites but it will be interesting to see what his game is.

REMEMBER. We basically only see footage from tasks, and the occasional bit of conflict/fight. We don't see average/general conversations or day to day life.

Jake could be a really nice guy, and just a likeable person.

Tim spent his whole time in the house playing "dance monkey dance" with the hm's. We'd have to be pretty naive if we thought that they haven't worked out a strategy and some manipulation techniques between them before jake went in. For example how to ingratiate himself, how to become everyone's best friend without pushing too far etc. He is a different personality to Tim so he'd have different tactics. I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, who knows what he's really like but it would be silly to think he's not doing everything without an ultimate gameplan considering who he lives with. Personally, he's not one of my favourites but it will be interesting to see what his game is.
Ryan os in a similar situation, having a reality show flatrate, and being mates with Matt. Tim has said that they never discussed tactics, and Tim is pretty self-centred, so it is possible that ot could maybe be true. But I think Ryan has definitely talked up tactics before going in.

As to Jake's popularity; dunno.

Ryan os in a similar situation, having a reality show flatrate, and being mates with Matt. Tim has said that they never discussed tactics, and Tim is pretty self-centred, so it is possible that ot could maybe be true. But I think Ryan has definitely talked up tactics before going in.

As to Jake's popularity; dunno.

Yeah, the bolded bit is spot on in my opinion. I very much doubt that Tim would be into giving anyone a tactical advantage going into the game, no matter who it was, so I can't understand why people are assuming he's fed Jake strategy, or that Jake wouldn't want to play his own game anyway. I'm sure he's picked up some things, but so would anyone who knows a past HM (Ryan, Lisa, Sam...). So would anyone who's watched the show closely, for that matter. I'm not crazy about the fact that they put last year's winner in the house, but I think the assumption that it's an unfair advantage in the actual gameplay is probably off base.

You've got rocks in your head if you think Tim hasn't strategized with his roomy before sending him off into the house.

Yes, he's a nice enough guy ... but the sob stories are definitely rehearsed and I'd say the move he busted on Lisa was prodded on by Tim as well. "Gotta make some big moves bro!".

I think the other housemates like him because the girls find him cute in a semi-gay sort of way and the alpha males find him totally non-threatening. I would guess that none of them them think he's a genuine threat in the game, either.

Jake is just window dressing to the serious players this year.

To be fair, Gemma thinks the world of Jake purely because he picked her first.

Not the greatest indication.

I think the bloke has just gone in to play the nice guy and be full on melodramatic.

I loved Ryan's reason for nominating Jake this week. He said something along the lines of "Jake puts too much emotion into his stories" and then BB cut to a clip of Jake explaining how he changed jobs or Uni courses or something like that & when he called to tell his dad...he got all broken up and teary over that. Ryan was like, "I don't see how that's such a bad thing" hahaha for the 2mins Ryan was on TV this week he delivered![DOUBLEPOST=1411707121][/DOUBLEPOST]
You've got rocks in your head if you think Tim hasn't strategized with his roomy before sending him off into the house.

Yes, he's a nice enough guy ... but the sob stories are definitely rehearsed and I'd say the move he busted on Lisa was prodded on by Tim as well. "Gotta make some big moves bro!".

I think the other housemates like him because the girls find him cute in a semi-gay sort of way and the alpha males find him totally non-threatening. I would guess that none of them them think he's a genuine threat in the game, either.

Jake is just window dressing to the serious players this year.
I hate him!

Yeah he is a strange selection. I kind of get the feeling that Alex M and the other casting producers were expecting a fair bit more from Jake. He came out on stage and portrayed himself as this loud, over the top, funny guy and it is almost like he has gone into a shell inside the house because he has been almost non-existent inside the house. I think he has some potential to add content to the show once the number of housemates dwindle to around 8 but he will never be more than an average housemate due to such a slow start.

I rekon Jake's connection to Tim is too dodgy even if nothing is actually going on, he can't not know anything and he MUST have met old housemates and been involved in the media stuff and talking to the producer or something.

I also think Jake is just a freak with his rapping, not cool.

His sob stories are way too over the top. Being poor because you decided to go back to uni is not a sob story.

The housemates seem to like him, maybe he's doing a lot of shit that they are editing out? Either way he's been more entertaining than half the people he's in the house with.

REMEMBER. We basically only see footage from tasks, and the occasional bit of conflict/fight. We don't see average/general conversations or day to day life.

Jake could be a really nice guy, and just a likeable person.

Same goes for any housemate, we can only put together the pieces of what we see

Back