Skip to main content

Why Ed leaves his boxers under Jade's pillow???

To me it didn't look like he was carefully placing his boxers/sleep-shorts under a pillow for anyone. I thought he chucked them there quickly on his way out, too slack to find the laundry basket. I'm not convinced it was symbolic of anything other than cbf putting things away properly.

Winterbourne:YES! You have articulated my exact thoughts so well! All I could lamely explain was that he was a 'typical football club boy who had been taught how to respond/act in any given situation with no original thoughts or feelings of his own'. Couldn't quite nail it the way you have!

In personality, he reminds me very much of a repulsive, entitled, condescending, best-private-school-in-Brisbane-educated 28-year-old little-rich-kid that I know. When talking to women, he's very superficially-respectful, polite seemingly because he 'has to be', and frequently very awkward. I very much get the impression though, that among a group of his "buddies" (yep makes a distinction between male & female friends) he'd be very disrespectful and misogynistic indeed :S

she left him a bracelet of hers under his pillow when she went in the PS with Tim so he felt like it was Prince Charming (just noticed those initials PC) thing to do to leave her something under the pillow he is the most fake and insincere douche ever

she left him a bracelet of hers under his pillow when she went in the PS with Tim so he felt like it was Prince Charming

Prince Charming in an Adam Ant kinda way

[video=youtube;9p__WmyAE3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p__WmyAE3g[/video]
That's Ed - tries hard, no ideas left, socially awkward. But abs get you anywhere, right?!

Winterbourne:YES! You have articulated my exact thoughts so well! All I could lamely explain was that he was a 'typical football club boy who had been taught how to respond/act in any given situation with no original thoughts or feelings of his own'. Couldn't quite nail it the way you have!
Yeah, he's been using the media skills to deflect his admirers. Trouble is he thinks they are all admirers, and his one trick pony act finished 5 weeks ago.

He's a very good-looking guy, but I find him incredibly repulsive.

Jade purposely ignored him when he told her that nothing would happen because it wasn't what she wanted to hear, and they both know how bad HE would look if he had to keep rejecting her all the time.

Jade strikes me as the kind of girl that thinks that if they just keep relentlessly pushing for what they want, eventually the guy (in this case Ed) will give in and that she can change "her man" to be what she wants. I've seen a lot of similar lines of thinking from women who feel "If we have a kid he'll HAVE TO stay with me and love me." It happens.

I don't feel sorry for Ed because I think he is a douchebag, but I place most of the blame on Jade for this particular instance. She constantly complains that Ed has these talks with her about it's nothing serious, and she is purposefully disregarding it.

I know Ed is not articulate but its obvious by now what he means.

she left him a bracelet of hers under his pillow when she went in the PS with Tim so he felt like it was Prince Charming (just noticed those initials PC) thing to do to leave her something under the pillow he is the most fake and insincere douche ever

there is a lot of difference between a bracelet and undies. I certainly wouldnt think that charming damn undies were they even washed ones.

So he's telling her that they'll never be anything more than friends ... then he's leaving his stinky underwear under her pillow. No wonder Jade is confused... he keeps reeling her in.

Yeah, I have my moments. I was really drunk when that stuff above. Maybe my subconsous has rare insights. HA! I knew my social skills were better and my jokes were funnier when I was drunk, but the girls down The Bunker never admit it.

BTW, If you stick a @ symbol infront of someone's name then they get a notification that you are talking about them. If you click on 'Reply With Quote' it will do what I just did. Welcome aboard.

Jade purposely ignored him when he told her that nothing would happen because it wasn't what she wanted to hear, and they both know how bad HE would look if he had to keep rejecting her all the time.

Jade strikes me as the kind of girl that thinks that if they just keep relentlessly pushing for what they want, eventually the guy (in this case Ed) will give in and that she can change "her man" to be what she wants.
I've seen a lot of similar lines of thinking from women who feel "If we have a kid he'll HAVE TO stay with me and love me." It happens.

I don't feel sorry for Ed because I think he is a douchebag, but I place most of the blame on Jade for this particular instance. She constantly complains that Ed has these talks with her about it's nothing serious, and she is purposefully disregarding it.

I know Ed is not articulate but its obvious by now what he means.

Bolded bit a bit, but more I think she is just in the throws of her first full irrational unrequited infatuation, and has no idea that it is all just in her head. Jade would never have offered herself to a guy before when he didn't accept. She has no idea how to flirt, because she has never had to, and probably thinks it is a bit tacky.

Tim and Justyyn's table talk the other night could have headed in this direction, if Jysteeen weren't 1)a psycho or 2) playing so subtly and well. (your choice) When Tim (?) said that pretty people often didn't... and then got cut off, he was probably going on to say something along the lines of beautiful people have got rooted personalities because they never had to learn to be charming/ funny / clever etc. It is the same with her flirting, she canna seduce a man cause she never had to.

Similarly, she has never had a crush on someone before when they didn't jump in the chance. It is an adolescent crush she has, and in the absence of a definite 'No.' and in the presence of the airheaded or savagely cruel encouragement of her ditsy friends she lets hope spring eternal as so many have pined before. There was probably some poor young Italian peasant boy who worshipped her and was her chemistry partner at school and she never knew his feelings, but this kid thought 'If I just keep doing her homework, surely this antipodean goddess will make me the happiest of men. She wouldn't make me drive her to school every morning if she didn't love me. It is just her friends that are keeping us apart... etc.

Was I having an acid flashback or did Jade tell the sugar sisters that they were the boxers his mother gave him?

How special! His mummy still dresses him. Remember that Seinfeld episode about laying the panties out?

there is a lot of difference between a bracelet and undies. I certainly wouldnt think that charming damn undies were they even washed ones.

maybe he was saying biatch wash my draws .... but I think it is just a gesture with no thought behind it

Back