Skip to main content

Why do you hate the HM you do? Why do you love the HM you do?

Ellie Mae

Does this picture make my ears look big?
I don't really hate any of them. I do find several to be very bland and milquetoast-ish. Lina for one. On anothe thread I was reminded that she reminds me of Cat. In who I found much to much resemblance to a, well, feral cat. All the yowling for her mate. Causes a shudder even now. :penguin:
I have a couple of favs. Priya, of course, smart, funny, wickedly, delitful. She has been a well rounded housemate. Trusted by many, while being cursed as un trustworthy by her foes.
Skye, because I think she's smarter than anyone thinks.
David because he tries to be as engaging as Skye. As wickedly intelligent as Priya. And somehow just keeps stepping in dog pooh. But he still tries.:penguin:

Can't stand David. I find him boring....he believes he's smarter than what he really is. He tags along behind stronger HMs. Since Tom has come in and he has an active audience, he thinks his shit don't stink.

I don't have a fav....but if I had to pick who I have more time for...Travis. I think he is just a lad, his speech can make him seem like an uneducated buffoon, but he is actually quite perceptive and he has really said some comforting and insightful comments. And he is making the most of his time in the house, which I like.

I don't love any of them, but I love how I can't work out Ryan's sexuality and it's irrelevant to the game.

I don't really hate David except when he treats women as different and inferior. Which is often.

if you hate more people than you like then you shouldn't watch it tbh

i like dave cos he's original and seems like an ordinary aussie bloke

i like prisus cos she is very generous, keeps a cool head and is very wise

i like ryan cos he's chilled and laid back and has good insight about the house

travis and skye bring an element of fun and drama to the house so i like them as big parts of the show

the top 5 original housemates were the best 5 housemates in my opinion. that's the best thing channel 9 have done - introduce vote to save so that the most entertaining people stay on the show

Hate: Tom because he's boring, awkward and in my opinion has added nothing to the show or the dynamics of the house.

Love: David because he started as the underdog, he hasn't changed who he is the whole time, he's made some mistakes and has owned up to them. Plus he's outlasted most of the housemates who have put shit on him.

I don't really hate any of them. I do find several to be very bland and milquetoast-ish. Lina for one.

I haven't actually seen that much of Lina but from what I have seen she doesn't seem milquetoast. She's not that interesting, sure, but she's not timid. If anything, I think she's rather outspoken. I mean, she told Richard to his face that he 'follows Ryan around'.

My favourite is Priya, of course. Two reasons. (1) Unpretentious, unapologetic. She is who she is and she's proud of it. She doesn't pretend to be something she's not. (2) She has depth. Sure, the other HMs may have depth too, but they seem to be quite happy to stay within the boundaries drawn up for them by reality TV.

My least favourite would probably be David, for the same reasons as Galpal. He's very fickle. I hate how his personality has gone through a complete 180 - sure, thinking the world likes you would be reassuring to anyone. But he's getting so cocky it's like he's Spidey turning into Venom. He's Peter Parker doing that little dance down the street.

My favourites:

Ryan: I like his humour and personality. He is chilled and very wise considering his 'surfer' look.
Priya: Like Ryan, she is wise, mature and reserved, but better composed and more respectful. She is pretty much this year's Jade without the whole lovey-dovey shit. We need nice people in the grand final.

Least favourite ranges from week to week, really. It was always Travis for his immaturity and arrogance. As of now it's David. He's becoming a huge showoff in front of the intruders. He's also becoming cocky and a tryhard. I missed that bearded David in the first weeks where you felt sorry for him. He's become the complete opposite nowadays. I'm glad Lisa had a beef with him in the spa - perhaps she knew how he really is. :sneaky:

A sense of humour is a big draw card for me; David & Ryan are my favourites 'cos I find them funny and pretty witty.

I dislike Skye the most because I think she's a spoilt little brat.

Favourite at the moment is Travis because I think he is genuine, funny and pretty harmless. I like the way he treated Aisha.
Least favourite was definitely Cat/Lawson now it would unfortunately be David. He was my favourite from day 1 when he was unassuming and struggling to find his place in the house but now that he is secure in his position I find him dull. He is always strategising or talking about other people ( but then maybe he isn't like that all the time, who knows ? we are shown so little )

Really dislike Skye. She just reminds me of too many girls I knew in high school, playing the sweet and naive thing but the second there's a conflict she'll be absolutely scathing. Also going behind people's backs and talking shit or repeating things she's been told in confidence and then playing the victim when it comes back and bites her. Not digging it at all.

But I love Priya, too. Partially because she's from Adelaide like me, but mostly because she's just a goddess. And it would be nice for a woman of color to win this year.

Love: Priya - Goddess
Hate: Travis - He's just like every single bogan I had to deal with in high school. And I hate his shit-eating grin.

I like Lina because of her intelligence and grace. I would like to think we mere mortals could all aspire to be like Lina someday.

I dislike Skye because of her childish tantrums and selfish attitude.

least favorite is skye because of her cocky attitude thing she has it in the bag
nothing better than see people like her have their bubble burst
all skye deserves to win is the Golden Lemon Award

favorite is priya shes honest considerate just being herself
no false act with her

Back