Skip to main content

Why do they bother posting casting calls anymore?

CockroachKieran

I don't see why Big Brother even try to post auditions and casting calls to the public anymore when we all know they don't take anyone from them, all the people who end up on the show are scouted and recruited nowadays, they're asked to go onto the show without going through the audition process.

What's the point? Why bother posting casting calls when you're not going to actually take anybody??? Is it just to instill false hope into people that they might have a chance? Is it to try and pull the wool over people's eyes and make it seem more legitimate?

Just come out and say you pick people to be on the show. It's not that hard.

To be fair, if it is renewed, they haven’t posted any casting calls. In any case, I’m vaguely okay with it for BB since it’s meant to be a pretty shallow experience anyway.

Now, Survivor not holding any casting calls for their next season on the other hand is absolutely shocking, and sadly indicative of how ESA are going to approach the issue in future.

To be fair, if it is renewed, they haven’t posted any casting calls. In any case, I’m vaguely okay with it for BB since it’s meant to be a pretty shallow experience anyway.

Now, Survivor not holding any casting calls for their next season on the other hand is absolutely shocking, and sadly indicative of how ESA are going to approach the issue in future.

It’s so crazy that Survivor does this. On the Brain vs Brawn season many of the contestants had never even watched the show and needed things like immunity idols explained to them by other contestants! It did however result in a few chaotic moves that were entertaining and preferable to what some players did on All Stars and last season (sitting on immunity idols, no flipping on alliances for weeks) so it’s a double edged sword.

While hearing Josh call out the recruitment process (why *did* they actually want him so badly?) was amusing, I’d prefer they didn’t just scout ‘influencers’ and models. It’s like when BB became obsessed with ‘promo models’ once Kris Noble took over - just give us average, everyday people. They’re always more interesting.

It’s so crazy that Survivor does this. On the Brain vs Brawn season many of the contestants had never even watched the show and needed things like immunity idols explained to them by other contestants! It did however result in a few chaotic moves that were entertaining and preferable to what some players did on All Stars and last season (sitting on immunity idols, no flipping on alliances for weeks) so it’s a double edged sword.

While hearing Josh call out the recruitment process (why *did* they actually want him so badly?) was amusing, I’d prefer they didn’t just scout ‘influencers’ and models. It’s like when BB became obsessed with ‘promo models’ once Kris Noble took over - just give us average, everyday people. They’re always more interesting.
Exactly, the whole point of BB is that it's a social experiment where you put people from all walks of life into the same house to see how they interact. Everything just feels so fabricated now.

To be fair it looks like they have set up a Season 4 casting website as someone on this forum found the other day.

Who would’ve come from the auditions this year? Lulu, Gabbie, Lara?

I don't see why Big Brother even try to post auditions and casting calls to the public anymore when we all know they don't take anyone from them, all the people who end up on the show are scouted and recruited nowadays, they're asked to go onto the show without going through the audition process.

What's the point? Why bother posting casting calls when you're not going to actually take anybody??? Is it just to instil false hope into people that they might have a chance? Is it to try and pull the wool over people's eyes and make it seem more legitimate?

Just come out and say you pick people to be on the show. It's not that hard.
Its just another level of production manipulation. They have 'auditions' so that the viewing public believe the people on the show are somewhat like them and that anyone can audition and win.. This way the show appears more viewer friendly in that you can form an attachment or bond with a cast member, believing that they are just like us - some rando from the community..

And the producers inevitably fuck it up, cause they end up with wierdo's like Josh (I bet Sonia's earpiece was buzzing the other night, "We are cutting Josh's microphone - don't ask him anything EVER... don't even look in his direction")

Back