Skip to main content

Why didn't Sam look for the idol on exile island?

Hi.
Looking for idols seems to have become a dirty subject this season, it's bizarre. Ever since Nick protested about how much he didn't want one, everyone else seems to feel the same.

Hi.
Looking for idols seems to have become a dirty subject this season, it's bizarre. Ever since Nick protested about how much he didn't want one, everyone else seems to feel the same.
Yeah I get it in the target on the back sense but he knew he was a goner and still didn't? I feel like it wasn't addressed at all or was removed

Flick more or less told everyone not to look for one the first time Exile Island came into play. Stupidly they agreed. Maybe it's put people off from looking or the novelty has worn off?

I think the Immunity Idol was buried on Exile beach the first time. I was wondering if it was still hidden there.
Sam could have maybe gotten up early just before sunrise to look for it, although Lee,Sue,Flick and Matt went to Exile island first time, so maybe Sam didn't know where to look, unless they were told by the others afterwards that there had been a clue on the beach, and they chose not to search for it. It could have been high tide at night time?

Australian-Survivor-Episode-18-Exile-Beach.jpg

Last edited:
...I think that basically it was because Sam was just plain stupid to be honest... he had never ever watched a single full episode of any series of Survivor before he came onto the show so what does anyone expect lol?... he is just a boof-headed jock that has two measly brain cells rubbing together every time that they just happen to clink together in that vacuum in his hollow head... as I said... he is just plain stupid... cheers.

I think the Immunity Idol was buried on Exile beach the first time. I was wondering if it was still hidden there.
Sam could have maybe gotten up early just before sunrise to look for it, although Lee,Sue,Flick and Matt went to Exile island first time, so maybe Sam didn't know where to look, unless they were told by the others afterwards that there had been a clue on the beach, and they chose not to search for it. It could have been high tide at night time?

Australian-Survivor-Episode-18-Exile-Beach.jpg
Ohhhh I just saw this pic u posted, it says until sundown.

It must've been a one time deal then surely, otherwise Sam woudve looked. Surely there woudve been discussion otherwise like "he didn't even look?! What a gallah!"

It must've been a one time deal then surely

I was thinking the same thing. But the producers would probably have never intended that no-one would look for it... in fact by saying "until sundown" was probably designed to give them the hurry up. What a fail.

It must've been a one time deal then surely, otherwise Sam woudve looked. Surely there woudve been discussion otherwise like "he didn't even look?! What a gallah!"

that was a photo from the first exile beach visit, they had until sundown then because they were going to tribal council that night..we didnt see it this time but I wondered if the immunity idol was still hidden there, or the sign was removed:)

It was long gone sundown when they got there I reckon, so searching would've been a bit odd. I also reckon they didn't think about it at all and if so, could they be bothered?
Half a million bucks on the line and stranded there with the 2 people who openly want to vote you out?

Yeah I could "be bothered".

I would've been up at sparrows fart digging around like a mangy dog for a lost bone. And even if I found nothing id have pretended I did or acted evasive, so that Lee and his gf targeted someone else, or at least split the votes.

Back