Skip to main content

Whose "it's time to go" do you prefer, Gretel's or Sonia's?

"It's time to go" - Who does it best?

• Gretel

Votes: 114 80.9%
  • Sonia

Votes: 27 19.1%

• Total voters
Sonia is a pretty sweet lady. Credit to her, she has grown into the show a bit since she began, but she does nothing to get the audience thinking all that much and behind that great smile and gentle nature is a little awkward interactions.. I remember her making blunders when she was beginning that revealed that she knew less about the housemates than the viewers do. Probably not far off these days either.. Probably just reading the script straight up. She tends to get lost when something unscripted happens, Gretel used to be great with improvising.

Sadly the memory of Gretel probably reminds the producers of the turkey slap incident..

That is something i miss so much! the ninjas. I think i've only seen them once this year?

Sonia is just a puppet, she just stupidly reads the biased manipulative script. Does she have any opinions of her own at all?
Last week during Jason's eviction when he ran back up the walkway the auto-cue came into shot, we saw that Sonia was supposed to say "... very popular Jason, but this week you were just edged out" - however she said ... very popular Jason, in fact you were just edged out".

She doesn't stick to the script, and is an improv genius. ;)

Sonia needs to cut the crap and stop the "One housemate that has received enough to save them is..." and cut to the chase ...OR... revert back to "It's time to STAY..." if... and ONLY if... there is more than 4 nominees.

Don't tell anyone they're safe.

Sonia's delivery is overshadowed by the forced sympathy she tries to throw on there. The look and way she says it, just feels to forces and the sympathy side falls flat

Last week during Jason's eviction when he ran back up the walkway the auto-cue came into shot, we saw that Sonia was supposed to say "... very popular Jason, but this week you were just edged out" - however she said ... very popular Jason, in fact you were just edged out".

She doesn't stick to the script, and is an improv genius. ;)
I really hope this is sarcasm...

That's exactly what this is, judging from that poll.
I love Gretel the most, but I voted for Somia's "TIME TO GO" because she doesn't have quite such a ridiculously long pause before announcing the evictee.

I feel like Sonia sounds forced when she says it, but I guess that's only because I was (and still am somehow) so used to Gretel doing it. Also, I feel like the constant saving of housemates takes away from the "impact" of the, "It's time to go..."
Agree, however I do like that they save the one with most votes at start

I actually prefer Sonia's sombre "it's time to go" over Gretel's cheerful one, but the saving HMs one-by-one has to stop. I also like the addition of "suspensful" music playing during the announcement.

I hate how they both do a dramatic pause and then repeat it.

Personally I'd rather they just did "Name... it's time to... (stay/go)", especially as there are so many nominees every week. That IMO would be better than saving them one by one.

i think they are forced to pause so the camera has an opportunity to do its pan.
i preferred gretel, and was always a pretty strict gretel defender here. like mentioned above, it is pretty strange seeing people pining for gretel considering how bad she used to cop it here on a daily basis. anti-gretel threads, sigs, avatars, etc.

Back