Skip to main content

Who will end the reign of the evil queen Benjamin?

S

Santa1

Ok so I think it's fair to say love him or hate him, Benjamin is providing the entertainment so far this season. Whether or not you think Bradley deserves ben's snarly treatment or not doesn't excuse the fact Ben is pushing the boundaries of what bullying is. And as bullying is one of the most talked about issues these days, of course Channel 9 cast him for this reason. The fact that nobody in the house has shown any attempt to pull Ben up on his social manipulation means either they are all so dumb and unaware to see he is doing it, or they are smart enough to know to stay under the radar and let him look like the villain. With Sarah giving him the nomination superpower it's unlikely he'll be up for eviction this week, but even if he was, with the vote to save there is no way such an entertaining key player will be off the show any time soon. So my question is, how long will his reign last?

I think big brother needs to send in another outspoken male who is not afraid to take Benjamin aside and pull his head in, perhaps even psychoanalyse him and find out why he insists on lording it over the others and manipulating. I'd love to see Ben try take some of his own medicine! Wouldn't it be an interesting dynamic if the next intruder was a gay/bi guy who could match Ben at his own game!

Do you mean reign inside the house or on eviction night when he is finally up? If inside tthe house then maybe Estelle will give him some confliction ;) but I cant see anybody else. As for beating him at the game of big brother Im not sure what the voters think.

Holy shiiiiite. How often can you beat this dead donkey.

Seriously. Bullying is a serious issue. I have no problems with that. What I have a problem with is a whole bunch of people, who have probably never experienced bullying themselves latching on to what is shown in a tv show which covers 20-40 mins of a day out of 24 hours.

Bullying can lead to suicide, withdrawl from life, depression all that stuff. This is not bullying. This is each housemate giving to each other as good as they get. Following the OS updates I see rude comments being made by other housemates constantly, and yet because they are not being shown on the daily show, Ben's getting the wrath of a bunch of people hiding behind a computer screen.

Try to stop judging on something that happened a couple weeks ago, he's not that bad, he does provide entertainment, and as I haven't seen any of the housemates complaining about him, I'm pretty sure the issue is with you and not them.

Wouldn't it be an interesting dynamic if the next intruder was a gay/bi guy who could match Ben at his own game!

Um...what does someone's sexuality have to do with their ability to match wits with Ben? I can think of several past housemates who I think would have put Ben in his place if they were in there with him - Chrissie, Paul, Tim, Michael McCoy, Vesna, Camilla, Anna - and surprise, surprise, none of them are gay males.

Seriously. Bullying is a serious issue. I have no problems with that. What I have a problem with is a whole bunch of people, who have probably never experienced bullying themselves latching on to what is shown in a tv show which covers 20-40 mins of a day out of 24 hours.

Bullying can lead to suicide, withdrawl from life, depression all that stuff. This is not bullying. This is each housemate giving to each other as good as they get. Following the OS updates I see rude comments being made by other housemates constantly, and yet because they are not being shown on the daily show, Ben's getting the wrath of a bunch of people hiding behind a computer screen.

Try to stop judging on something that happened a couple weeks ago, he's not that bad, he does provide entertainment, and as I haven't seen any of the housemates complaining about him, I'm pretty sure the issue is with you and not them.
Clapping and cheering wildly!! :D

"The fact that nobody in the house has shown any attempt to pull Ben up on his social manipulation means either they are all so dumb and unaware to see he is doing it, or they are smart enough to know to stay under the radar and let him look like the villain. "

Or maybe it means it's not actually bullying ...

Seriously.

You had me at seriously, jelly. Well said.

As Santa1 says, bullying is a much talked about and very important issue. It's a very zeitgeisty word too and it seems to have been diluted to become the go to word for shutting down someone who voices strong opinions. The motivation for calling Ben a Bully might come from a worthy sense of justice but the problem is that it all too readily casts other HMs as victims. There's a rush to cry bully without noticing that it takes away agency from the so called bullied.

If what Ben is doing is bullying and the HMs are putting up with it for strategic reasons (and not saying anything to him) then it can't be very effective bullying. And if he's that bad, wouldn't he have scored at least one or two nomination points in the last round?

There's been opinion both inside and outside the house that HMs babied Bradley too much and neglected to respect the fact that he's an adult with his own voice and consequent responsibilities. He has a foot-in-mouth problem. He's not a passive victim.

If you want an example of BB bullying, look to BB08 when Nobbi, Rory and a couple of others constantly picked on Travis as the but of their jokes. BB had to speak to them about it.

BB spoke to Ben about the water incident, not for bullying but for inappropriate aggression. He was completely contrite over it and denounced his own behaviour several times, including in a direct apology to Bradley before Ben was spoken to by BB. This isn't the behaviour of a bully, rude bitch maybe, but not a bully.

I reckon it's good for the house to have a rude bitch, or evil queen if you prefer.

I need to add jelly to my love list and second Longbow on the can we please lock this repetitive thread?

Santa1

And why can't a women do that.

Send me in & I will sort them all out.

Benjamin & I will be BFF.

You say it's bullying, I will give them bullying.

Even BB couldn't stop me. hehehe

3f6d5c4cb8e8.gif

Back