Skip to main content

Who thinks the mid-week nomination swap is stupid

[MENTION=7217]freddy[/MENTION]
the problem with that is, as soon as HMs were safe from eviction, they just start being their normal selves again. so should they really be rewarded for being fake by letting them stay in the house, and being a great HM only when up for noms?
I think it's better for votes to be done on previous impressions, stops the whole fake thing and we're voting on their real personalities.
nobody likes a suck up...

To be honest I'm not sure. If it helps put the boring pot plant types up for eviction then fine but if those same boring Donks are saved because of it, I'd be pissed. I guess it has its pluses but in the grand scheme of things id rather it wasn't part of the game.

this is why i don't like it so far. a boring HM is usually a liked under the radar type HM. so it means these types are likely to be saved and also likely not to be swapped to being evicted. imagine the outcry if someone selected Ed or Caleb to go up? It would show their hand. Ben was a safe choice for Jade as he was nominated the week before.

I quite hate it too.

They should at least do it ON the nominations DAY (like in the previous seasons) by having the winner of the showdown being taken to the diary room and asked to change an evictee.

[MENTION=7217]freddy[/MENTION]
the problem with that is, as soon as HMs were safe from eviction, they just start being their normal selves again. so should they really be rewarded for being fake by letting them stay in the house, and being a great HM only when up for noms? I think it's better for votes to be done on previous impressions, stops the whole fake thing and we're voting on their real personalities. nobody likes a suck up...

You make a good point. But, if they do "change their behaviour because they are up for nominations (ie, fake)" and then "immediately go back to being their normal selves again as soon as they are safe", then I would prefer to see that behaviour. And, other housemates should see that behaviour as well. It could be an indication that their "real personality" is an act ("playing the game" as some would call it). In other words, are they "fake" when they are up for eviction, or are they "fake" when they are not up for eviction. I completely agree with you that it is better for votes to be made based on their real personalities. But, if part of their real personality involves them changing their behaviour, showing a different persona, showing a fake side or not ... and they do that only when they are up for eviction (or not) ... then I think one daily show (the Friday show) is simply not enough for the voters to see that.

We need to also remember that the pressure changes with each and every eviction, as the numbers become less and less. So a particular housemate might cope with being up for eviction quite well in the first weeks and show no real personality changes. But, in the later weeks, as the nominees change, the pressure builds, and the threat that you might actually be going home this time becomes more real, then that housemate suddenly might not cope so well with being up this time and their personality might change just for that week. One daily show is not enough for the voters to see that change.

I'll use Ben as a hypothetical example. After Jade swapped him in this week, he may very well have become an absolute blubbering mess. But, with Tim's fake birthday dominating the Friday show, we (the voters) may not have been shown that. We would never know. The voters would therefore be oblivious. Monday comes, say Ben doesn't get evicted, and he goes back to being just Ben. So we think we know Ben do we? Nope, we don't really know him at all. But, on the other hand, if we *DID* get the opportunity to see Ben being a blubbering mess (enough daily shows to allow that to happen), and we got to see all the other housemate interactions and/or fallout that it produced, then that would probably have an effect on the Ben votes (and other votes) for that week, and any coming weeks.

Last edited:
The trouble is the Friday show doesn't have time to even feature the nominees. Mikayla was I think the only nominee featured tonight with all the focus being on Tim, and similarly last week I think it was all about Jade, Drew and Ed rather than the nominees.

What annoys me this week is that when jade saved herself everyonr clapped said its alright I would do the same...BUT if mikayla did the same theh would bitch about her saying she has no right blah blah like they did last week.

I mean how dare someone save themselves from being nominated. Only if your name is mikayla of course

Then again I sort of I like the bitchiness

You know I dont mind it as housemates get bitchy.

What annoys me this week is thst when jade saved herself everyonr clapped said its alright I would do the same...BUT if mikayla did the same theh would bitch about her saying she has no right blah blah like they did last week.

I mean how dare someone save themselves from being nominated. Only if your name is mikayla of course

It was really only because it was two weeks in a row and no one else had been saved up until that point.

I like it and as for Jade picking Ben he won't go I am not a fan but he is way to popular .I like the fact they can save them selves and as some one said if the Boring housemates who go under the radar are put up so be it I think it adds a bit of excitement to the show especially if the one doing the saving is not up and has to choose and replace ,it will change the dynamics of the house and it will show some housemates true colours and cause conflict :)

Last edited:
I think I like the nomination swap because it generates a bit of interest. Just too bad that it doesn't contribute so far as removing the boring HMs which is what I'd really like. I think there's a danger of HMs strategically saving boring HMs so a more entertaining HM has to go. I say keep it though. It's nice to see the favourites feel a little vulnerable every once in a while. As a side note, having six HMs up for eviction gets a big thumbs up from me.

The thing that is most stupid to me isn't the swap itself but the fact that it's airs Thursday. They have no time to remind people to vote seeing as there is a huge BB blackout between noms being finalised and the actual eviction.

I like the swap but they need to do some rescheduling.

The thing that is most stupid to me isn't the swap itself but the fact that it's airs Thursday. They have no time to remind people to vote seeing as there is a huge BB blackout between noms being finalised and the actual eviction.

I like the swap but they need to do some rescheduling.

Completely agree with you Consuela.
I'm sure they're expecting the swap to cause some conflict in the house every now and then. Therefore, why have no major highlights show until Monday, when it's pretty much too late to change the voting percentages by showing a few minutes of footage that may change people's minds before the lines close.

Back