Skip to main content

Who is your favourite Doctor Who Companion?

I learned something new today. I was of the impression Rose was the fav. companion as when she does Dr Who Cosplay she "does" Rose(Ninth Dr Rose - she said I can post a pic of her fashioned as such if you want to see it). It seems however her fav. companion is Donna because she's sassy and doesn't take shit from TheDr.

i liked her

Yet, showed one doctor who fannette a pic of me in high school where i was sporting Adric style hair, and she blew me that night

So Adric gets votes for improving my sex life

...when the show finally does return next year we may have to update this particular thread methinks!... it's going to be interesting to see who The Doctors new companion will be... there are some great lists on this thread so it will be interesting to see where or if that new companion makes them at all... cheers.

I can't even remember what I posted in here, I know it was the full list though. I wonder if any positions have changed now I'm almost finished Troughton in my marathon.

Jamie McCrimmon.

...I used to like Jamie... he was the one companion that always seemed to be genuinely the most 'in awe' of The Doctor and the Tardis and it's technology and ability to travel through Time and Space... to me he was the most believable of not being able to comprehend the awesomeness of it all of what was going on around him... (he was from the 1700's after all wasn't he?)... he had that air of 'bewilderment' of someone that was primitive and plucked from nowhere to suddenly being thrown everywhere in the Universe... so far detached from the latest 10 companions for instance that only ever seem to be pleasantly surprised that 'it's bigger on the inside'... or 'it travels through Space and Time?"... they never seem shocked... never seem in awe of these things whereas if it was me I would never shut up asking The Doctor a gazillion questions...

...haha!... maybe I'm just being a tad bit 'finnicky' eh?... Jamie was definitely one of my favourite companions perhaps because he was actually a 'hero' for my brother and I when there were no real 'heroes' at that time (1966 methinks)... we both wished that we were as brave and tough as him I guess?... lol!... cheers.

...I used to like Jamie... he was the one companion that always seemed to be genuinely the most 'in awe' of The Doctor and the Tardis and it's technology and ability to travel through Time and Space... to me he was the most believable of not being able to comprehend the awesomeness of it all of what was going on around him... (he was from the 1700's after all wasn't he?)... he had that air of 'bewilderment' of someone that was primitive and plucked from nowhere to suddenly being thrown everywhere in the Universe... so far detached from the latest 10 companions for instance that only ever seem to be pleasantly surprised that 'it's bigger on the inside'... or 'it travels through Space and Time?"... they never seem shocked... never seem in awe of these things whereas if it was me I would never shut up asking The Doctor a gazillion questions...

...haha!... maybe I'm just being a tad bit 'finnicky' eh?... Jamie was definitely one of my favourite companions perhaps because he was actually a 'hero' for my brother and I when there were no real 'heroes' at that time (1966 methinks)... we both wished that we were as brave and tough as him I guess?... lol!... cheers.

I'm on the Jamie episodes now in my marathon, and even though it seems like he's been there forever, he is very, very good and likable. Not always the unbelieving innocent, but it's believable that he has learned a lot from his travels with the Doctor, and he's by no means stupid either.

I'm on the Jamie episodes now in my marathon, and even though it seems like he's been there forever, he is very, very good and likable. Not always the unbelieving innocent, but it's believable that he has learned a lot from his travels with the Doctor, and he's by no means stupid either.

...I agree... Jamie was never really 'stupid' but just primitive in his knowledge of anything technical being that he was whisked away from the 1700's into a 'modern day' environment in the 1960's... but he played it as a believable person that was amazed at all the things around him more so than other companions... he did learn very quickly on how it all worked but his knowledge was 'learned' as he progressed further with The Doctor over many many many episodes whereas the companions as of today know how to pilot The Tardis after 2 episodes nowadays... (mind you... in his day the stories happened over 4-5 episodes whereas they are usually one episode stories nowadays so that may account for Jamie's 'gradual development' but still)... I guess what I'm really saying now I think of it is that in those days the companions character had more time to grow and be more believable whereas today the companions are now thrust into the role to fit that weeks storyline or at least that's how I'm seeing it albeit right or wrong eh?... lol!... cheers.

Updated list. Quite a lot has changed since 2014.

43 (NEW) Ryan Sinclair
42 (NEW) Yasmin Khan
41 (NEW) Graham O'Brien
40 (NEW) Dan Lewis
39 (NEW) Nardole
38 (37) Katarina
37 (36) Adam Mitchell
36 (35) Grace Holloway
35 (NEW) Bill Potts
34 (34) Dodo Chaplet
33 (24) Mickey Smith
32 (33) Sara Kingdom