Skip to main content

Who is the new Bachelorette 2021?

Does anyone else think that it was a foregone conclusion that Brooke would pick a girl, and the guys were just token additions because they were too chicken to do a full lesbian season?

Does anyone else think that it was a foregone conclusion that Brooke would pick a girl, and the guys were just token additions because they were too chicken to do a full lesbian season?

Yes sounds about right. But I can also see channel 10 thinking it was much safer for her to choose a man but they still get to look very progressive.

It’s one male and one female in the finale right? That much was definitely planned from the beginning.

Yes sounds about right. But I can also see channel 10 thinking it was much safer for her to choose a man but they still get to look very progressive.

It’s one male and one female in the finale right? That much was definitely planned from the beginning.
Sadly it probably would lose viewers, and TEN don't want to take that risk.

Nine have also skirted around having any gay or even bi representation on Love Island.

Which is so silly, Everyone is entitled to finding love, and representation is important.
I am not female or lesbian but I wouldn't be remotely put off watching, and I'd like to think straight people would watch a gay male season too.
My 75 year old mum certainly wouldn't bat an eyelid, as she hasn't with any of Brooke's contenders this time.
She had a customer tell her though that he and his wife aren't watching this season because it goes against their beliefs. Ugh, mind your own business!

Nine have also skirted around having any gay or even bi representation on Love Island.

Which is so silly, Everyone is entitled to finding love, and representation is important.
I am not female or lesbian but I wouldn't be remotely put off watching, and I'd like to think straight people would watch a gay male season too.
My 75 year old mum certainly wouldn't bat an eyelid, as she hasn't with any of Brooke's contenders this time.
She had a customer tell her though that he and his wife aren't watching this season because it goes against their beliefs. Ugh, mind your own business!

Yep sadly some people are still living in the dark ages, I guess they are entitled to believe what they like but just like when people would get angry about a show like BB existing… one can simply not watch it. No need to make a big deal about it.

The sad thing is that channel 10 think they are being ultra progressive when they are still treating this like a novelty, but in a way they actually are being quite progressive because so many other networks and shows wouldn’t touch this. The way they handled Brooke making the huge revelation to Honey Badger was very telling, but I guess some people do have those attitudes.

Personally I hope she chooses a female. If she chooses a man it will feel like a novelty and then the less open minded will question her bisexuality, or bisexuality in general or say that a girl just needs to meet the right man, or that some women swore off men too prematurely, or that bisexuality is a phase and when a woman wants a family she will choose a man, and when that happens she is no longer bi, or basically any of the close minded things I have heard that suggest that sexual preference is any way a choice.

Hopefully this show has left a positive impact and normalised same sex dating in the mind of some, but I don’t think enough have watched it!

Sweet ending, but to be honest I wasn't really into either of the final two. I preferred the other two out of the final four!

The demographic that watches Love Island would have no problem with gay/bi contestants IMO.

Colour me surprised.
I didn't see much chemistry between Brooke and Darvid.
Interesting that Brooke and Abbie have a romantic history (or at least hinted at one).

Colour me surprised.
I didn't see much chemistry between Brooke and Darvid.
Interesting that Brooke and Abbie have a romantic history (or at least hinted at one).

I thought Darvid was kind of boring. But I guess Brooke seems happy with him...

It's nice to see that Konrad got together with Abbie, and Holly got together with Millie. Hopefully Jamie-Lee finds someone too!

Konrad aside, it was a spectacularly dull cast - including Brooke. Darvid seems like a nice guy, so that's good.

I've still got the last two episodes to watch. I've done a lot recording and fast forwarding this time around.
And, gay, straight, lesbian - I'm over watching all the spit swapping.
I gather Darvid won, and I'm quite happy to hear that, as, as said before, I also thought the males were token ring-ins.

Back