Skip to main content

Who is the narcissist?

torifrog

Awesome site donor
I wanted to double check my understanding of narcissism after Ed and Caleb discussing Tim's supposed self label as a narcissist.

Wikipedia (I know, not a brilliant source, but good enough for this discussion) list the following signs and traits:
"A 2012 popular book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[6]

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

It immediately made me think more of Waily than Tim. Comments?

I wanted to double check my understanding of narcissism after Ed and Caleb discussing Tim's supposed self label as a narcissist.

Wikipedia (I know, not a brilliant source, but good enough for this discussion) list the following signs and traits:
"A 2012 popular book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[6]

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

It immediately made me think more of Waily than Tim. Comments?

I think this should be Tully's psychological profile on the official site.....

Wow.....she fits two of the criteria. So do many others in there......clutching straws much.......

Agree BBfan-. Tully has been pissed off a lot. When u see her interactions with others, her body language isn't haughty at all. She is actually quite affectionate.

None of them. Just because Tim self-identifies as it, doesn't mean any of them actually are.

True. She has prehistoric man body language.

You mean like what kent08 'made' & I posted in the photoshop thread.

2dt6bmp.jpg

Haughty: Arrogantly superior and disdainful.

Arrogantly superior........ Tully thinking Drew was obliged to let her in on the prank and when she wasn't she reacted by flouncing around in a haughtily way.
Disdainful....... The way she seperated herself from the other nominees in the half way house the first week she was nominated......
Yes she has haughty body language at times!

Heidi's the narcissist for me. Can't stand her.

However, I don't think you can get onto Big Brother without being a bit self-involved in some way haha.

Arrogantly superior........ Tully thinking Drew was obliged to let her in on the prank and when she wasn't she reacted by flouncing around in a haughtily way.
Because they're good friends; not because she thinks she's better than anyone.

Disdainful....... The way she seperated herself from the other nominees in the half way house the first week she was nominated......
Yes she has haughty body language at times!
She was in a sucky mood being in the cage (aka halfway house). Others were the same. E.g. Xavier crying and being frustrated about having no privacy.

Back