Skip to main content

Who is the narcissist?

Yep, aging seems to lessen it a bit. Or at least it makes the attacker less threatening than before. Either way, it IS a real problem and it saddens me to think that anyone would look to make it seem like less of a big deal.

It'd be great if they found a cure. : (

I think one of my relatives is narcissistic/borderline personality disorder/bi-polar. But she hides what her diagnosis is and sometimes was avoiding meds as they made her fat.

And as one of my buddies said after seeing her recently, she's hard work.

And what they can get away with in the 20s, all the me, me, me/flirting/sexual crappola -is now really inappropriate.
As my buddy said also, it's time to grow up all that crap she does just doesn't suit/sit right with a woman her age.

Cowie, as someone dealing with people with a real mental illness properly diagnosed - does it give you the shits all the unqualified wankers who think they can diagnose complete strangers through an edited TV show???

Shits me so much, these HMs are not psych cases, they are pretty robust walking egos mostly even sulky Tully.
Some posters need to visit a psych hospital and see the difference between slighty weird and totally ill.

Edit
Not meant to be having a go at you Firenze, your post came up as I posted.
But honestly people, plenty of posters here deal with real psych cases at work, or have mentally ill family members.
Be a bit sensitive and thoughtful before you fling around psychiatric diagnosis your not qualified to perform, let alone guess for distant strangers.

I started this thread for discussion, not for diagnosis. My mother was, and one of my sisters is, a diagnosed narcissist; my first husband was a diagnosed sociopath, and my younger daughter has similar tendencies. My bro-in-law is a diagnosed schizophrenic, as is one of my closest friends. I am a diagnosed long term depressive... so I have PLENTY of experience with mental disorders.

Oh, and I was meaning narcissistic tendencies in general not the soon-to-be-deleted Narcissisitic Personality Dirorder, which would seem to be a tad different and everpresent.

Seriously ease up!

It's to get people thinking and discussing HMs behaviours and was brought on by Ed and Caleb doing exactly what you say you hate.

The end.

I wish they'd ease up on talking about it though. I think it's in poor taste for them to be giving some assessment on everyone on the show.

I think one of my relatives is narcissistic/borderline personality disorder/bi-polar. But she hides what her diagnosis is and sometimes was avoiding meds as they made her fat.

And as one of my buddies said after seeing her recently, she's hard work.

And what they can get away with in the 20s, all the me, me, me/flirting/sexual crappola -is now really inappropriate.
As my buddy said also, it's time to grow up all that crap she does just doesn't suit/sit right with a woman her age.

That's quite sad that she avoids her medication because of weight. She should try to find ones that don't have that effect on her, because mental health is paramount. I have a cousin who recently got diagnosed with BPD and I honestly feel for her - we all knew she had something, but at least now she's aware. I'm always paranoid that I have something because it seems like everyone does, but I guess reading up on it and working on things I find are problems is a good sign of maybe not being too bad? lol.

Agh, I'm 22 and I hate all that stuff! I think it's never appropriate, besides maybe in the teen years. I know people like that well past the normal years as well and I wonder how they don't realize it's time to stop.

My mother has got worse with age. But in saying nobody ever set boundaries with her and I started to which made her worse. She's 100% outraged 100% of the time. Nobody dared say no to her....until I started to. She also avoids medication for depression for fear of weight gain. She's miserable. She's had a really pathetic life in the grand scheme of things but because she's miserable she goes out of her way to make everybody miserable. As far as I know she's done that since she was a toddler.

As for Tim and hms, we really don't see enough IMO to be able to decide. With Tim, he has revealed he uses people and manipulates people I don't think real narcissists are able to label their behaviour like that because that type of behaviour is normal to them. I really think Tim is playing a character, I don't think he is usually as bad as what we're being shown and instead of being the quiet jokey fence sitter to win he's going all polar opposite and he'll probably win. Look at Ben last year, not your typical winner.

Far from being angry that my best friend keeps her or his other friends confidences, I respect it and take it as a good sign that my confidences are also safe with my bestie.

The "secret" wasn't life threatening, it wasn't to hide from Tully that her partner was cheating, it wasn't actually 'humiliating' to be pranked. Tully simply mistakenly believes that everyone should think she's so much more amazing and hip than everyone else and that her every want is to be obeyed.

Slightly narcissistic, I would think.. It's as if her emotional and reasoning development suddenly halted during a 14yr old hormone surge.

Far from being angry that my best friend keeps her or his other friends confidences, I respect it and take it as a good sign that my confidences are also safe with my bestie.

The "secret" wasn't life threatening, it wasn't to hide from Tully that her partner was cheating, it wasn't actually 'humiliating' to be pranked. Tully simply mistakenly believes that everyone should think she's so much more amazing and hip than everyone else and that her every want is to be obeyed.

Slightly narcissistic, I would think.. It's as if her emotional and reasoning development suddenly halted during a 14yr old hormone surge.

Didn't Drew say that Ed was the one talking in her ear and made an issue of the whole faux birthday party. Isn't that why he nominated him.....for stirring the pot.

Didn't Drew say that Ed was the one talking in her ear and made an issue of the whole faux birthday party. Isn't that why he nominated him.....for stirring the pot.

I'm pretty sure you're right, Galpal. Altho' I think Tully's pot was already agitated; as soon as it came out that Tim pranked them all, she spun around to Drew, demanding he tell her if he'd known all along, then gave him a few vigorous open then closed-handed whacks.

But you're right, Ed was no help, and neither were the other ones who got stroppy later on.

Is this a guessing game?

My guesses - Matt & Heidi, they love themselves way beyond what is rational

Tully definitely has narcissistic personality disorder. She meets all the criterias, and after seeing the way Drew is being treated by her, he is clearly the victim here. I hope for his sake she get outs quickly because it's only going to get worse...

I think after viewing last night's eviction, it's clearly Heidi.

I found it strange she started bitching about the housemates to sonja before she even sat down. that and the very loud talking was her way to deal with her bruised ego it seems.

i doubt she actually has NPD but definitely the most narcissistic of all the housemates.

Back