Skip to main content

which BBAU season should i buy?

YouTube (because they're all there)

I just snuck a peek at the BBAU1 launch show. I'd forgotten how refreshingly simple the whole show was. The HMs arriving in cars - which appears to be right outside the house(?) - and Gretel's greeting them basically on the side of the road/path. But it's so natural* and organic: no stage, no singing and dancing nonsense, HMs who seem to be genuinely nice people.

*Gretel's dye job notwithstanding

I just snuck a peek at the BBAU1 launch show. I'd forgotten how refreshingly simple the whole show was. The HMs arriving in cars - which appears to be right outside the house(?) - and Gretel's greeting them basically on the side of the road/path. But it's so natural* and organic: no stage, no singing and dancing nonsense, HMs who seem to be genuinely nice people.

I agree, I watched this one recently and it was simple and unassuming, admittedly the season itself is boring in a way being devoid of stupid twists but you can't beat the innocence of it all, the first episode says it all.

I agree, I watched this one recently and it was simple and unassuming, admittedly the season itself is boring in a way being devoid of stupid twists but you can't beat the innocence of it all, the first episode says it all.

Yes, but it was still "event television" or at least presented that way. The last two years have felt like just another tv season premiere - then it's all over for 24 hrs. :(

Yes, but it was still "event television" or at least presented that way. The last two years have felt like just another tv season premiere - then it's all over for 24 hrs. :(
Agreed with all the above. But in saying that, it may be because I am such a fan of the show already (because I doubt general viewers would feel the same), but there's something about BB01 to me that makes it probably my favourite season of all.

I think it's the fact that it is so innocent and simple and, more significantly, genuine that I actually love most about it.

But yeah. To the OP, don't waste your money. ;)

You can get every single episode for FREE if you know where to look.

No point acquiring them from dodgy websites for a couple hundred dollars when all you'll be getting back is highly compressed files forced onto a shitload of unnecessary discs. You're better off either watching them on YouTube (because they're all there) or spend time finding the "sources" and downloading them yourself.

But it's your money, it's up to you. If you do decide to pay for them, hopefully you actually end up receiving the DVD's at all.

Preach.

The new forum layout looks great btw.

They're on Youtube. Just watch them off there.

I'd prefer BB06 because it's the most controversial, interesting, dramatic and rather taut one....

Back