Skip to main content

Where will Australian Survivor be filmed?

You spelt Samoa incorrectly.

But looks like you were right.
Oh oh. You didn't make fun of Inigo's spelling! Run for cover.
D5TlfDe2s3nb51SQM3RoobtToVpEbx1aacyzMITKTOQnvi8_WDA6v1xEAuN8mWcStoLFGPmt=w500-h216-nc

I hope they get it right this time. I really do. There needs to be a replacement for Big Brother and this is that we can potentially get. So i will be crossing my fingers and toes that it rates really well.

You spelt Samoa incorrectly.

But it appears you were right.

Australian Survivor will film in Samoa according to media reports.

Samoa was the site of the US Survivorseasons Samoa (2009), Heroes & Villains (2009), South Pacific (2011) and One World (2012), with the show has filming consecutive seasons at single locations. An earthquake and tsunami also struck the island in 2009 after filming had concluded, but destroying the resort where crew had been based.

Previous rumour suggested it would be based on the Malaysian island of Pulau Tiga, where the first US season was filmed in 2000.

“It’s really important that the location is both exotic and confronting for an Australian audience,” TEN’s Head of Factual and Entertainment Stephen Tate recently told TV Tonight.

“We took I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Herein Africa when we could have made it in the English site here in Australia. We just felt Australian celebrities wouldn’t be afraid of the bush. It’s the same with Survivor, we really need to take people out of their comfort zone.”

TEN has been inundated with applications with over 15,000 submissions, but is yet to announce a host

Reading this article has got me very excited for Survivor. The fact that there is a location. A sense that this show is slowly starting to fall in place. I must confess that I don't haven't really watched the US version of the show for a long, long, long time. I remember contestants like Amber, Boston Rob, Rupert, and Johnny Rotten. However, the lack of Big Brother Australia, combined with channel ten's good track record of reality shows has got me looking forward to checking out how this show goes.

Maybe you could apply? I can just imagine with your fearsome ways and power to inspire a cult like following you could go on and win. Or at least top two.

(He Who Must Not Be Named and other finalist sit and wait for host to reveal the vote)

Host:....and the winner of Australian Survivor is........D.......

(Host looks over at HWMNBN who is shaking his head and tapping his wand in a menacing manner.)

Host: The winner is HWMNBN!

Oh ok. Not long to go then!
US Survivor is filming in Fiji as we speak. Started last week on S33. They will be done by early May with some Aussies on the US crew heading to Samoa for a short stint on pre-production and then a short period in the game before heading home.

Does this mean they're nearly done with final interviews or have finished final interviews??
I've been rewatching Survivor Samoa and so excited to see this scenery again

Does this mean they're nearly done with final interviews or have finished final interviews??
I've been rewatching Survivor Samoa and so excited to see this scenery again
I've been told "finals" is likely within a week. Getting down to the nitty gritty of casting now. The casting process is fluid, because it was a national tour, people where at different stages of the process.

I've been told "finals" is likely within a week. Getting down to the nitty gritty of casting now. The casting process is fluid, because it was a national tour, people where at different stages of the process.

Ouu yay that's so great! Seriously cannot wait to see the castaways

From what I've seen of Australians, if they get the casting even halfway right, this should be a great show. I am rooting (I mean cheering) for you guys to have a fantastic season.

I keep forgetting this is happening, and then getting reminded from seeing this forum and getting excited all over again. What a great year in TV.

btw literally have looked at this at all so don't know if you already know, but the host just announced on Hamish and Andy that the show will be filmed on Samoa

btw literally have looked at this at all so don't know if you already know, but the host just announced on Hamish and Andy that the show will be filmed on Samoa
Great that it's been officially confirmed! I was going to wait for the podcast to be uploaded was anything else said from the host?

Back