Skip to main content

What's the best attributes for a winner.

What's the best attributes for a winner?

• Being Intellectual

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Being Real

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Being Entertaining

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • Being Funny

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Being Mean

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Being Strategic

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Being the Underdog

• Being Sympathetic (this is someone with a sad story to appeal to the viewer for votes)

• Being Moral (this covers behaviour, compassion, niceness etc...)

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Being Attractive

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Being in a Showmance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being Honest (In regards to wanting to win the money)

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Being Emotional

• Total voters

Longbow

Self Destructoid
Ok, gonna try this again with multiple voting if it works. Some editing here and there too, if i left something out well bad luck. If a mod or admin can lock and/or delete the older thread that would be great cheers.

Last edited:
Can we maybe get the threads merged? It's a bit ridiculous to start the whole discussion all over again just for the sake of having multiple poll options.

The question was originally "what is the most important attribute" - non plural. I don't think it needed to be broadened as it was a very good question to begin with.

Plus, there were some really good posts made in the other thread.

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/s...t-s-the-most-important-attribute-for-a-winner

Can we maybe get the threads merged? It's a bit ridiculous to start the whole discussion all over again just for the sake of having multiple poll options. The question was originally "what is the most important attribute" - not plural. I don't think it needed to be broadened as it was a very good question to begin with.

Plus, there were some really good posts made.

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/s...t-s-the-most-important-attribute-for-a-winner

If that's possible, that's even better.

No homophobe,
but I believe being gay gets you into the top 3 100%

Ummm.... no it doesn't?

I don't know if you think this because Benjamin last year was popular and now Ben this year is also popular? Maybe they just like the person because their personality and character is entertaining or likeable?

Gay people aren't the same. The most prominent thing they all have in common is their sexuality and that's it. Every single person has a different personality.

Last edited:
Imo, the most important thing in entertainment. I have the weirdest bunch of favourite housemates of all time because they are based solely on who entertains me the most. Therefore I have such a different mix of personalities and I have both heroes and villains in my favourites list. The attribute that all winners should have though imo is definitely entertainment.

Imo, the most important thing in entertainment. I have the weirdest bunch of favourite housemates of all time because they are based solely on who entertains me the most. Therefore I have such a different mix of personalities and I have both heroes and villains in my favourites list. The attribute that all winners should have though imo is definitely entertainment.
Me too. In my opinion, any housemate deserves to win just as much as any other, as long as they're not boring, cheating (like in Ed's case with the competition to win a date with him), or very hateful/cruel for no reason (which doesn't apply to any of the current HMs). Ed is the only person at the moment who I think does not deserve to win.

I think it depends entirely on the group of housemates that are put into the house. Do you have a group of big personalities? Let the nice one win. Got a house with just good looking people in it? Give it to the intellectual. This year's group requires an entertaining winner (both Ben and Tim come to mind), but they should be relatable as well.

If I was the public in every season, I'd always want an intellectual or at least someone who was calculating to win the game. It's good to have the good Aussie bloke win a season every now and then, but after a while it just becomes "Who is the most plain person that everyone can get behind? Let's let them win." Boring and predictable.

I think entertaining should be removed from the list. Of course entertaining will top such a list, but the question remains what do we find entertaining? For some entertaining means funny, but for other it could mean creating drama, or for others watching the moral person stand by their values could be entertaining.

No homophobe,
but I believe being gay gets you into the top 3 100%

100% again... really....

I can't remember all the homosexual contestants... but.....

Big Brother 2001 - (straight top 3) Johnnie came 6th
Big Brother 2002 - (was Sahra bi? otherwise straight top 3) Nathan Morris came 8th
Celeb Big Brother 2002 - (straight top 3) Vanessa Wagner came 11th (of 12 HMs)
Big Brother 2003 - (straight top 3) Can't remember who/if anyone was gay this year?
Big Brother 2004 - (straight top 3) Was Jamie gay? If so - 6th
Big Brother 2005 - (straight top 3) Who was gay?
Big Brother 2006 - David made top 3 - came third.
Big Brother 2007 - Zach made top 3 - came 2nd
Big Brother 2008 - (straight top 3) who was gay?

Big Brother 2012 - Ben came first.

..............:rolleyes:

I think entertaining should be removed from the list. Of course entertaining will top such a list, but the question remains what do we find entertaining? For some entertaining means funny, but for other it could mean creating drama, or for others watching the moral person stand by their values could be entertaining.

The reason why entertaining is on there is because of Jamie winning BB6, probably the most boring housemate of that series and he won. Also just recently Sam in BBUK won, if you watched or ever get to watch it you will hardly notice him as he did absolutely nothing besides being generally nice and making a crude joke once every 2 weeks, he's actually the most disappointing winner i can think of, my opinion of course.

Back