Skip to main content

what would you change to get ratings back?

You have to wonder how much freedom he actually has with the format though. There could be a board room full of boring Channel 9 suits telling him to keep it a high school soap opera.

Or he could just be living vicariously through all of it. Remember when "sexy" shirtless photos of him were leaked onto these forums. I think we have them stickied in the moderators forum, ha ha.

Oh I'm certain he has a bunch of suits breathing down his neck and pulling the strings. My point is that he KNOWS what the show was like back then.

Your mods forum sounds hott!!

Ayr - I remember tasks from the early years regarding building things, shifts and sleep dep (and Army type thing I kinda remember?)... that would be a good start. Give them some lumber and basic tools and tell them to make a ladder, or a bridge, or a new doghouse, for example. And yes, the ramifications need to be bigger. "If you fail, you're all up for noms"... or "Select leaders for the task (maybe 3 leaders for 3 shifts in a 24hour task) and they will be up for noms if you fail the task".

Something like that. It would help show dynamics between the HMs at the very least.

Lots of good ideas in here, so I'm not going to rehash... instead I'm going to throw out a completely different idea:

Big Brother: The Final Cut
Big Brother: The Final Cut is a reality show that follows 10 (12, 16, whatever) groups of video editors who compete to produce the best daily show for the Big Brother. Teams include film school students, amateur film producers, avid fans and even otherwise unemployed professionals.

Each day, they are given the same BB footage as the crew that produces the Ch 9 show, and they are asked to produce 22 minutes of television-quality footage. They are given a fairly basic set of video editing equipment and can choose to include graphics or provide narration at their own discretion.

Videos are made available each day on the web, and the winner, as voted by the web-viewing public, is aired the following day before the next daily show. Each week (or fortnight, whatever), one team is eliminated by a panel of judges (eg Alex, Mikey, and Leon (aka big brother)).

-=-=-=-=-
I'm sure there's a lot of detail to fill in and plenty of logistical reasons why it "would never happen", but I'd love to see what is happening in the house from the perspective of other production teams - not to mention getting a broader view of the house altogether.

Keep the HM's in the house until the last 2 weeks, when daily evictions take effect.

weekly nominations would still apply, except HM's nominate openly in front of each other,
voting to save still applies on a weekly basis.
the only difference is that the evictions take place daily over the last 2 weeks of the show,
in the order they were voted out.
keeps it interesting towards the end as the crowd dies down.

HM's nominate openly in front of each other,
That would be terrible. The HMs wouldn't be honest. They would only vote for strategy because they would hate the idea of saying what they dislike about the other HMs right in front of them.

You want higher ratings? Give each HM a gun with one bullet each.
I always like this idea, especially for speeding up games like basketball and football.

That would be terrible. The HMs wouldn't be honest. They would only vote for strategy because they would hate the idea of saying what they dislike about the other HMs right in front of them.

simple, no strategic votes.

I made the same suggestion earlier in this thread, bazooka - with the proviso the HMs are not allowed to discuss the nominations :)

But then if someone wants to vote strategically, they'd have to make up some reason why they don't like a particular person. It wouldn't be genuine.

Yeh,
guess i'm more interested in seeing how it would affect the HM dynamics, even if they bs during noms
sick of the teen soap sexagon love story.

Yeh,
guess i'm more interested in seeing how it would affect the HM dynamics, even if they bs during noms
sick of the teen soap sexagon love story.

Well it would be interesting but noms is one of the only times they tell us exactly who they don't like and why. I'd rather see them tell the truth knowing that the other HMs won't find out what they said.

I always thought it could be kinda cool if the HMs didn't know who was nominated, only the voting public. Obviously it is somewhat crucial to dynamics of the show to know who is like and disliked in the group, but it would put a different spin on things if they never knew if it was their possible last week. Somewhat similar to what they did in 07, I guess.

It probably wouldn't really add to the show though, it might even ruin it.

Needs to be more natural, im sick of 9s editing to keep it clean....yep uplate needs to come back so much more about HMs revealed on uplate, love the livestream factor no editing withit.

Since we don't have live streaming, we rely heavily on 'live' updates. It would make it SO much better if they firstly were way more detailed, secondly told us what is actually said instead of their interpretation of it, and thirdly find someone to do it who doesn't let their obvious bias of some contestants colour their descriptions. Often I'm finding that what they say doesn't mesh with how I interpret the actual footage and it's incredibly offputting. Let us make up our own minds!! I expect people to have opinions on forums like this, NOT on the live update page.

Since we don't have live streaming, we rely heavily on 'live' updates. It would make it SO much better if they firstly were way more detailed, secondly told us what is actually said instead of their interpretation of it, and thirdly find someone to do it who doesn't let their obvious bias of some contestants colour their descriptions. Often I'm finding that what they say doesn't mesh with how I interpret the actual footage and it's incredibly offputting. Let us make up our own minds!! I expect people to have opinions on forums like this, NOT on the live update page.
Agreed. They're not even attempting to make it sound objective.

Later time slot, make it an adult show not a kiddies show.
Uplate back, and live streaming, so the true fan can actually be a judge of the HM not make a decision from 30 mins of heavily edited family friendly disjointed footage.
Infact I'd rather foxtel have it and play it 24/7 that would really let you see what's going on

Later time slot, make it an adult show not a kiddies show.
Uplate back, and live streaming, so the true fan can actually be a judge of the HM not make a decision from 30 mins of heavily edited family friendly disjointed footage.
Infact I'd rather foxtel have it and play it 24/7 that would really let you see what's going on

The Big Brother Channel! That would be awesome.

Back