Skip to main content

what would you change to get ratings back?

I would like to see the intruders be past housemates ie for this year Layla and Estelle (Runners up) WHY? Well

1. intruders are boring and never last that long
2. We know these housemates so would the housemates so the new guys would see them as a potential threat thinking they could actually win
3. This could be the first chance for a intruder to win! (and its not like they have done the time before)
4. It's what the show needs a shock factor something for people to get social media talking and get people back watching that may be fans of these two from last year but not watching this year build a new audience

These are a few but I think this idea's I can think of so many more I think it would actually be great and very interesting to see!

I would like to see the intruders be past housemates ie for this year Layla and Estelle (Runners up) WHY? Well

1. intruders are boring and never last that long
2. We know these housemates so would the housemates so the new guys would see them as a potential threat thinking they could actually win
3. This could be the first chance for a intruder to win! (and its not like they have done the time before)
4. It's what the show needs a shock factor something for people to get social media talking and get people back watching that may be fans of these two from last year but not watching this year build a new audience

These are a few but I think this idea's I can think of so many more I think it would actually be great and very interesting to see!

Keep dreamin'!

I'd like to see Josh become an Intruder (I reckon he deserves a cameo after what happened last year).

1. Interesting, artistic and, as boring as it will sound, it will be WATCHABLE. I believe it will be TV history in the making, this one. I like it.

2. Superficial and already done in 2008, nothing big happened. They canceled the show anyway.

3. I don't think the viewing ratings will go up for this one. This can also spoil their experience. Maybe it can be done for those in, either, the safe house or the halfway house. NOT for everyone.

4. They don't look like a political bunch like those in the previous seasons and, again, it also won't make the ratings won't go up IMO. Though I wouldn't mind it anyway.

5. Agree all the way. Intruders just make people lose interest rather. The housemates don't seem use to them and even us viewers - I used to skip bits with Ava & Sam last year. The majority of people don't quite like intruders - why are they always evicted in their 2nd week? They also ruin the pace of the series.

6. I have no opinion on this one.

7. This happened in last year's show though the housemates had to ignore them. It won't help as they aren't celebrities. Most of the previous season housemates are forgotten anyway and no one cares about them.

8. This will make the show more interesting yes, though I don't know if it will up the ratings or not. But I like it; The fact that they are allowed to freely discuss their nomination can make the tension in the house rise.

9. I don't quite get this one. Can you elaborate on the basics part? You mean a house without twists and such?

10. This is a good one too. Maybe like once a week during primetime? They did that before but it was at Up-late. A live one at an earlier time is nice (say after the Daily show or INSTEAD of Confidential).

11. This is done in other shows a lot. It won't help.

12. This one is over the top and crazy. Forget about that. Lol...

Last edited:
Number 9.

Remove this split house and start evicting!

Hi all, first time poster here. Do always watch BB.
I think it is too slow at the moment and not interesting because of the half way house. Tear down that wall, and throw them all in together. Im sure it would make a massive difference. Besides, something about a divider doesn't seem quite right. Their personalities would come out more if they were not divided. It is a silly aspect to the show really.
Im amazed at how pathetic some of them are when it comes to the rules too, moaning all the damn time like they didn't know what a game is all about.

Go steal somebody from channel 7 with ideas, and someone from 10 to produce.

9 have no clue whatsoever what they are doing.

It's like a blockbuster movie franchise, that makes fast/action movies, no plot, no depth, entertaining and flashy.
And your asking them to make an intimate, personal, story about people & relationships.

That is 9. They produce shallow flashy stuff.
They think you have to keep the action and cut the talk, plenty of colour/flashy crap, move, move, move.

And it should be - stop, stop, stop and listen.
And stop over producing nothingness.

Wow, reading these opinions are fascinating. I didn't see a place to introduce myself... I'm BBguy, and I'm in the States. If you don't know, our BIG BROTHER is in the news for the horrible, vile bigots that made our cast. I've never once watched another version. But, saw BBAU was starting and gave it a shot. I love it.

Of course, reading the opinions on the editing and the show not being "live"-- I understand the frustration. I DID notice there was virtually no footage of 'natural conversation" and I was surprised when Mikkayla was called bossy by everyone and we hadn't seen that much. But, I have to say, The US version is in such worse shape-- seeing the "gimmicks" like Ben as the P.A. and the fake marriage is truly entertaining for me. I suppose it's all relative. I assume the most of you are actually in Australia, and you've seen the other series. But me, this is my first ever look at another BB version. It truly is a breath of fresh air.

I do have to say, for a long time I had no idea what HMs was... lol.

Wow, reading these opinions are fascinating. I didn't see a place to introduce myself... I'm BBguy, and I'm in the States. If you don't know, our BIG BROTHER is in the news for the horrible, vile bigots that made our cast. I've never once watched another version. But, saw BBAU was starting and gave it a shot. I love it.

Of course, reading the opinions on the editing and the show not being "live"-- I understand the frustration. I DID notice there was virtually no footage of 'natural conversation" and I was surprised when Mikkayla was called bossy by everyone and we hadn't seen that much. But, I have to say, The US version is in such worse shape-- seeing the "gimmicks" like Ben as the P.A. and the fake marriage is truly entertaining for me. I suppose it's all relative. I assume the most of you are actually in Australia, and you've seen the other series. But me, this is my first ever look at another BB version. It truly is a breath of fresh air.

I do have to say, for a long time I had no idea what HMs was... lol.

Lol! Welcome to the forums.
Yes we call the housemates not house guests.
Our show, in its heyday was more a social experiment, chucking some strangers into a bubble and watching them interact. I've only seen one series of BBUS and it seems like yours is more of a game show.

My post in today's daily show thread kind of turned into this: in fact many of my posts over the past week have, so I think I should link it here.

My general thoughts are that the show needs to cover a day of highlights per daily show from when the housemates wake until when they fall asleep (two days at most for covering the weekend), following only spontaneous housemate interactions and storylines: this should be the priority - they can cover their stupid tasks, twists, inane diary room chats, etc., so long as it does not come at the expense of any meaningful content. There also needs to be an outlet for mature adult oriented content: no this does not always mean sex and nudity, but the majority of viewers are adults, and they need to respect us and provide an outlet for content with more mature themes. Live content in any form whatsoever would also be appreciated by many (A line of text and a minute of video every hour or so between 8am and 11pm is no excuse for live content).

Last edited:
My post in today's daily show thread kind of turned into this: in fact many of my posts over the past week have, so I think I should link it here.

I just read your post then. I feel stupid for not having noticed but what about Wednesday's show gave away the fact that nominations wasn't live? I thought it was!!

I just read your post then. I feel stupid for not having noticed but what about Wednesday's show gave away the fact that nominations wasn't live? I thought it was!!

Daily shows in general begin from the morning of the previous day until the housemates go to sleep (despite many unacceptable exceptions this week where there have been huge lapses of time in the highlights reel). Wednesday's daily show covered Tuesday in the house, but showed the newly nominated housemates now living in the halfway house instead of the original halfway housemates. If nominations were live on tuesday night, all of Tuesday's highlights reel should have shown the original halfway housemates still living in the halfway house until the evening, where the nominations supposedly took place. For this to make any sense, nominations must have taken place on Tuesday morning and played back to us on Tuesday night. The only live portion of Tuesday's nomination show was Sonia presenting the nominations. It doesn't make any sense, because they were perfectly fine with doing nominations live last year.

I think they've been doing all this editing and omitting to make the "live" content of shows flow better into the next day's highlights reel, but it just makes things more confusing. There's an article all about it on the homepage.

Daily shows in general begin from the morning of the previous day until the housemates go to sleep (despite many unacceptable exceptions this week where there have been huge lapses of time in the highlights reel). Wednesday's daily show covered Tuesday in the house, but showed the newly nominated housemates now living in the halfway house instead of the original halfway housemates. If nominations were live on tuesday night, all of Tuesday's highlights reel should have shown the original halfway housemates still living in the halfway house until the evening, where the nominations supposedly took place. For this to make any sense, nominations must have taken place on Tuesday morning and played back to us on Tuesday night. The only live portion of Tuesday's nomination show was Sonia presenting the nominations. It doesn't make any sense, because they were perfectly fine with doing nominations live last year.

I think they've been doing all this editing and omitting to make the "live" content of shows flow better into the next day's highlights reel, but it just makes things more confusing. There's an article all about it on the homepage.

Yeah true, thanks for explaining and posting a link. I noticed the jumping between pre and post noms on Wednesday but I just took it for granted that at least they would keep nominations live...

Back